GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 10-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #57
probaldp
Ready to race!

Drives: 2011 gti 4d
Advise

question for you.... i'm been reading a little bit of what is out there and finally i deside what i want.... not sure what stage is ,,,sorry i'm not familiar with this and this is my first GTi and first VW, what i want is this:
-intake
-catback
-ECU tune
What stage should be this and whats your opinion about APR vs Unitronic..... i was 95% sure going with APR.... advise please..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpc07 View Post
Looking for some close up pics of your cat back and also have a few questions. thanks
probaldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #58
MrMke
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 CW MK6 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by probaldp View Post
question for you.... i'm been reading a little bit of what is out there and finally i deside what i want.... not sure what stage is ,,,sorry i'm not familiar with this and this is my first GTi and first VW, what i want is this:
-intake
-catback
-ECU tune
What stage should be this and whats your opinion about APR vs Unitronic..... i was 95% sure going with APR.... advise please..
You do realize this is an AWE specific thread....
Old 10-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #59
Andrew/AWE

Drives: Mk7 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by probaldp View Post
-intake
-catback
-ECU tune
Thanks for reaching out. I would suggest by starting here, which is a link to all AWE Tuning Performance products for the Mk6, and some AWE Tuning gear.

We are a dealer of G.I.A.C. Software, which is a competitor of APR and one that we have happily distributed since the company's birth. We have a very strong relationship with G.I.A.C. and are a development partner of theirs.

With that said, I recommend G.I.A.C. over APR and Unitronic. We have found that the power delivery is much more linear with G.I.A.C. and their tunes make good power.
Andrew/AWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #60
GunMetalGTI
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 DSG 2 Door GTi
I should've probably dropped this question in here as well.

Will, I was just wondering if the S3 Turbo Outlet Pipe (without the snap ring coupler), would fit with my APR K04 and APR intercooler? It seems like the consensus is that it will but I was just figuring that someone has first hand knowledge of this with the same setup somewhere since it's so common.

Thanks,
Baltimore, MD Dubbers drop me a line.
Meets are 8pm Wed., Parkville Dunkin Donuts
GunMetalGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:54 PM   #61
Andrew/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGTI View Post
I should've probably dropped this question in here as well.

Will, I was just wondering if the S3 Turbo Outlet Pipe (without the snap ring coupler), would fit with my APR K04 and APR intercooler? It seems like the consensus is that it will but I was just figuring that someone has first hand knowledge of this with the same setup somewhere since it's so common.

Thanks,
On the turbo end, yes.

On the IC end, most likely, but I can't guarantee it. I would think that it should, given that the APR intercoolers do mate up with the stock turbo outlet pipe.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #62
GunMetalGTI
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 DSG 2 Door GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack/AWE View Post
On the turbo end, yes.

On the IC end, most likely, but I can't guarantee it. I would think that it should, given that the APR intercoolers do mate up with the stock turbo outlet pipe.
Thanks for the response. I'm thinking it's worth a shot then.
Baltimore, MD Dubbers drop me a line.
Meets are 8pm Wed., Parkville Dunkin Donuts
GunMetalGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #63
Andrew/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGTI View Post
Thanks for the response. I'm thinking it's worth a shot then.
Absolutely! Let me know what your findings are, so I can provide better feedback regarding fitment in the future.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #64
Andrew/AWE

Because bigger is better. All Mk6 GTI exhausts now come with our larger 102mm tips, in Chrome Silver or Diamond Black.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #65
coachfoxta
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: CW 2010 GTI
Can you please explain if there are any differences between Stage 1 and 2 and Xplus and X2? This is throwing me for a loop. I can't seem to find any info on this. Thanks!
coachfoxta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:25 PM   #66
Andrew/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachfoxta View Post
Can you please explain if there are any differences between Stage 1 and 2 and Xplus and X2? This is throwing me for a loop. I can't seem to find any info on this. Thanks!
GIAC has changed their naming of the different tune options a few times. For the Mk6.

Stage 1 = Xplus
Stage 2 = X2

Stage 2 requires at minimum a 2.5" Downpipe, this is tuned for the downpipe, and this is the difference between stage 1 and 2.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:40 PM   #67
Josh/AWE
Oval Champion

Drives: GTI
I'm on hand to answer any questions anyone may have about our MK6 suite, just let me know!
Josh/AWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:08 AM   #68
jjohns1508
Oval Champion

Drives: 2014 GTI Drivers edition 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike/AWE View Post
I'm on hand to answer any questions anyone may have about our MK6 suite, just let me know!
I've read mixed results, but will an AWE downpipe on stock tune throw a CEL. I've read no, but some people say eventually it will. I have 10K miles and not ready to get the TD1 code to deny warranty work. I was just going to buy a DP and store it until I was ready, but If I can install on stock software that would be great.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:51 PM   #69
jjohns1508
Oval Champion

Drives: 2014 GTI Drivers edition 6MT
Another question. On your website it doesnt appear the CCB intake will fit on my 2014. It's a CCBA. can you confirm or deny this?
Old 04-28-2015, 10:57 AM   #70
Josh/AWE
Oval Champion

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohns1508 View Post
I've read mixed results, but will an AWE downpipe on stock tune throw a CEL. I've read no, but some people say eventually it will. I have 10K miles and not ready to get the TD1 code to deny warranty work. I was just going to buy a DP and store it until I was ready, but If I can install on stock software that would be great.
You should have no issues. I'm going to PM you to chat more about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohns1508 View Post
Another question. On your website it doesnt appear the CCB intake will fit on my 2014. It's a CCBA. can you confirm or deny this?
I can confirm fitment, yes! We have updated our site.
Josh/AWE is offline   Reply With Quote