GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Tune/Flash.......When is it coming out? C2 or Unitronic anyone?

omerkm11

Ready to race!
Looking forward to a DSG Tune. Hoping someone can chime in and announce some development info in the least.

Maybe even some previous experience with one.

Thanks.:thumbup:

HPA already has one out for the 2010, dont know if it will work with the 2011 yet. Its pretty damn expensive, but I think that HPA has the most experience with DSG flashes in the industry.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
HPA already has one out for the 2010, dont know if it will work with the 2011 yet. Its pretty damn expensive, but I think that HPA has the most experience with DSG flashes in the industry.

This.

An HPA DSG tune is in my future and on my list. They have the most experience with the VAG DSG. The tune is expensive but worth it in my mind. http://www.hpamotorsports.com/dsg.htm I'll be going with their stage 2 since the highest I plan on going is KO4. Check out the link.

JP

Stanielz

Ready to race!
its kinda of a pain to get tuned by HPA. that loaner flash tool is like 3500~ and your only other option is to send them a mechathronic unit. or drive to hpa o_O.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
ya HPA seems like a good company with good products but so does every one that costs a ton. At that point you think they have to be or they better be. Even their insert pendulum mount set up is expensive. Nothing against them I'm just saying if Unitronic can tune our engines then I'm sure they can tune our DSG's. At least one would think. i just think they may not be out for the 2010's yet due to the many changes to ecu's that VW makes.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
ya HPA seems like a good company with good products but so does every one that costs a ton. At that point you think they have to be or they better be. Even their insert pendulum mount set up is expensive. Nothing against them I'm just saying if Unitronic can tune our engines then I'm sure they can tune our DSG's. At least one would think. i just think they may not be out for the 2010's yet due to the many changes to ecu's that VW makes.

I think I'd rather pay the money and go with someone who specializes in the DSG not someone who specializes in engine tunes and does DSG tunes for some extra money. I'd feel safer with HPAs experience and track record with the DSG. DSGs are entirely different animals than an engine so just because a company can tune the engine does not automatically mean they can tune or should tune the DSG. I mean I have APRs engine tune but if they came out with a DSG tune I would not go out and buy it because they have no real documented experience with it.

I'm not bashing Uni, Revo, APR or any of them they may make good DSG software but I am hesitant to use it for reasons noted.

JP

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
APR claims on there K04 site a DSG flash isnt needed

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
It claims that you don't need the DSG tune to get the gains they show you, that doesn't mean a DSG tune won't make it a better driving experience.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
You never really "need" a DSG tune. But the reason they posted that was because many people know that if you get one you can really take advantage of the powerband provided by the addition of multiple mods when you get a dsg tune.

I did myself a favor and did a search over in the MKV forums. For example I found that there is one stage 3+ MKV running a Revo DSG tune and he says that it really helps due to the fact of how the bigger turbo pulls in the upper rpms for starters. I also read good things about UNI and GIAC. HPA had a few but there were actually more about having f'd up tunes or bad customer service. Of course you can't please everyone so I'm not jumping the gun.

Truth is....I understand the logic between comparing an engine tune with a dsg tune but seriously. They should really just be calling these DSG remaps if anything. They tell you everything they change. Remapped shift points, remove kickdown shift, adjust launch rpm, increased torque limit, less clunky shifts....whatever....

I work close to REVO and UNI and my APR dealer deals with C2. If I can trust any of the main three tuners with my engine.....I will damn sure trust them with a trans. Kinda defeats the purpose I think.

I checked a locals shops database for UNI's tune and its not out yet. I'll check Revo's tomorrow and then I'll call C2. I doubt any are out yet but I'm hoping one or two of the reps can chime in on this thread and give us any tidbits of development news.

Thanks all for the comments so far.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
You never really "need" a DSG tune. But the reason they posted that was because many people know that if you get one you can really take advantage of the powerband provided by the addition of multiple mods when you get a dsg tune.

I did myself a favor and did a search over in the MKV forums. For example I found that there is one stage 3+ MKV running a Revo DSG tune and he says that it really helps due to the fact of how the bigger turbo pulls in the upper rpms for starters. I also read good things about UNI and GIAC. HPA had a few but there were actually more about having f'd up tunes or bad customer service. Of course you can't please everyone so I'm not jumping the gun.

Truth is....I understand the logic between comparing an engine tune with a dsg tune but seriously. They should really just be calling these DSG remaps if anything. They tell you everything they change. Remapped shift points, remove kickdown shift, adjust launch rpm, increased torque limit, less clunky shifts....whatever....

I work close to REVO and UNI and my APR dealer deals with C2. If I can trust any of the main three tuners with my engine.....I will damn sure trust them with a trans. Kinda defeats the purpose I think.

I checked a locals shops database for UNI's tune and its not out yet. I'll check Revo's tomorrow and then I'll call C2. I doubt any are out yet but I'm hoping one or two of the reps can chime in on this thread and give us any tidbits of development news.

Thanks all for the comments so far.

I know you are set against the HPA tune for some reason but it is available for our cars. I've already been in contact with them about this.

JP

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
I know you are set against the HPA tune for some reason but it is available for our cars. I've already been in contact with them about this.

JP

Thanks,

I'm not really set against it. I just don't have any dealers nearby and I can't validate spending more on that then I would my actual real tune...thats all. Also after reading plenty of other positive reviews on other tuner's DSG flashes I'm not really pushed in their direction. I'll give them a call and see what they say and ask them about what is different about their remap.:thumbsup:

omerkm11

Ready to race!
GIAC also offers DSG flashes. They might have one available for your DSG trans, all you need to do it is call them with the serial # and they can tell you. I checked 6 months ago with my GIAC dealer, they flashed my GTI ECU, and might trans serial # wasnt one that they could flash yet.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
I spoke to Revo and they are developing the DSG tune now but the time frame is not really set. Estimating by the end of the year. C2 is also in the same boat so most are nearly a year away until further notice. Not sure if there are any GIAC or HPA dealers in the area local to MD

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Looking forward to a DSG Tune. Hoping someone can chime in and announce some development info in the least.

Maybe even some previous experience with one.

Thanks.:thumbup:

We are currently working on the DQ500 DSG transmissions and we plan releasing it for this summer. We don't have a specific release date to give you but we're confident in being able to provide it the beginning of the summer.

We will let everyone know the release date and the technical information once everything's wrapped up!:)

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
We are currently working on the DQ500 DSG transmissions and we plan releasing it for this summer. We don't have a specific release date to give you but we're confident in being able to provide it the beginning of the summer.

We will let everyone know the release date and the technical information once everything's wrapped up!:)

Thats awesome man. Thanks for posting. I look forward to it. Hopefully in time for H20i.....RAI is a UNI dealer here so I'll give them the biz if the time is right.