GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
550 Born
Drag Racing Champion
 
550 Born's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI on order
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 65
Factory Order MK6 GTI ??

Has anyone ordered a MK6 GTi from the factory? If so, how long did it take? The reason I ask is, I'm talking to a few dealers about a Candy White GTI, 2 door, with sunroof and nav, either autobahn or reg interior and there are none in CA, possibly one in reno, not sure if dealer is willing to trade it. My dealer is stating a possible 4-8 month delivery time from the factory. Again not sure if that is to persuade me to chose another color or not. I'm sticking to CW.

I've asked the dealer to check with the factory for a delivery date if ordered but was just wondering if anyone can advise how long their factory order GTI took to arrive.

Thanks,
550 Born
550 Born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
HaveBulldogWillTravel
Touring Car Newbie
 
HaveBulldogWillTravel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Golf TDI DSG 4-door Tornado
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550 Born View Post
I've asked the dealer to check with the factory for a delivery date if ordered but was just wondering if anyone can advise how long their factory order GTI took to arrive.

Thanks,
550 Born
factory ordered a Golf TDi
on March 5th and got confirmation of order on March 11th...build date of March 28th...slated for east coast USA delivery end of May to early June. I'm thinking your dealer is FOS.
HaveBulldogWillTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
550 Born
Drag Racing Champion
 
550 Born's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI on order
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBulldogWillTravel View Post
factory ordered a Golf TDi
on March 5th and got confirmation of order on March 11th...build date of March 28th...slated for east coast USA delivery end of May to early June. I'm thinking your dealer is FOS.
My son said to order a TDI as well. I have another thread talking about getting a TDI or GTI. Coming from a modded STI for the last 5 years, the GTI fits what I'm looking for a little better. I wish there was a TDI GTI Thanks for the reply !

550 Born
550 Born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
LittleJohny
Formula 5000 Driver
 
Drives: '10 CS GTI 6MT w/ RNS-510
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Milton
Posts: 1,480
Mine took pretty much exactly 3 months. Never heard of anyone else's taking much longer than that.

You'd better act quick though. I ordered in mid February of last year and a few weeks later we tried to inquire about ordering a TDI and the salesman said the factor was no longer taking anymore orders for the year.
__________________
Mods: Footwell LEDs | 9W3 Bluetooth Upgrade | Vagcom mods | 18" Hartmann HR8-MS (Audi R8 replicas) | Rear View Camera | DieselGeek Short Shifter | 15% / 30% Tint | Magnaflow CBE | LED Tail Lights | LED License Plate Lights

Wishlist: Cold Air Intake | Colour Matched Side Markers
LittleJohny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
jokerific
Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550 Born View Post
Has anyone ordered a MK6 GTi from the factory? If so, how long did it take? The reason I ask is, I'm talking to a few dealers about a Candy White GTI, 2 door, with sunroof and nav, either autobahn or reg interior and there are none in CA, possibly one in reno, not sure if dealer is willing to trade it. My dealer is stating a possible 4-8 month delivery time from the factory. Again not sure if that is to persuade me to chose another color or not. I'm sticking to CW.

I've asked the dealer to check with the factory for a delivery date if ordered but was just wondering if anyone can advise how long their factory order GTI took to arrive.

Thanks,
550 Born
Mine also tried to convince me that a factory order would take forever just to push another one off the lot (3rd choice color). Ended up arriving short of the 3-month mark.
jokerific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
HaveBulldogWillTravel
Touring Car Newbie
 
HaveBulldogWillTravel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Golf TDI DSG 4-door Tornado
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550 Born View Post
the GTI fits what I'm looking for a little better.
550 Born
There's NO WAY that you won't LOVE IT!
HaveBulldogWillTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
bozaman
Touring Car Champion
 
bozaman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BWM 135i (E82)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona USA
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550 Born View Post
Has anyone ordered a MK6 GTi from the factory? If so, how long did it take? The reason I ask is, I'm talking to a few dealers about a Candy White GTI, 2 door, with sunroof and nav, either autobahn or reg interior and there are none in CA, possibly one in reno, not sure if dealer is willing to trade it. My dealer is stating a possible 4-8 month delivery time from the factory. Again not sure if that is to persuade me to chose another color or not. I'm sticking to CW.

I've asked the dealer to check with the factory for a delivery date if ordered but was just wondering if anyone can advise how long their factory order GTI took to arrive.

Thanks,
550 Born
i guess this kind of depends on how much allocation your particular dealer has available to enter a factory order. they may in fact have a longer lead time if they already have orders in queue that need to be completed before your order is accepted and worked.

with that said, once an order has been accepted by the factory (there's a good - but long - thread on how this works over on vortex if you're really interested) it typically is only a few months from then to vehicle delivery. other factors can play into this as well, so this is only a general guideline. (edit: we're approaching end of model year now, so they may be getting ready to shift the factory 2012 production in the next couple of months so that may play a factor in delivery time as well.)

in my experience, and i worked with a fairly high-volume dealer with available allocation, it took just over 3 months to delivery.

if you're intent on a factory order (i was, based solely on my config) then you might want to shop around at a few other dealers and see what they might be able to do for you.
__________________
basics: 2010 vw gti mkvi, cw, 4d, 6mt, xenons, 18" detroits a/s, autobahn, navi, dynaudio, 4x4 airbags, tint, clearbra
upgrades: revo s2, k&n filter, awe dp, magnaflow cbe, fifteen52 rml snowflakes, michelin pilot super sport (225/40-18), usp ss lines, stop-tech slotted rotors, hawk hps pads, piaa plasma yellow fogs, 9w7 bt module, others coming soon...
bozaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
550 Born
Drag Racing Champion
 
550 Born's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI on order
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozaman View Post
i guess this kind of depends on how much allocation your particular dealer has available to enter a factory order. they may in fact have a longer lead time if they already have orders in queue that need to be completed before your order is accepted and worked.

with that said, once an order has been accepted by the factory (there's a good - but long - thread on how this works over on vortex if you're really interested) it typically is only a few months from then to vehicle delivery. other factors can play into this as well, so this is only a general guideline. (edit: we're approaching end of model year now, so they may be getting ready to shift the factory 2012 production in the next couple of months so that may play a factor in delivery time as well.)

in my experience, and i worked with a fairly high-volume dealer with available allocation, it took just over 3 months to delivery.

if you're intent on a factory order (i was, based solely on my config) then you might want to shop around at a few other dealers and see what they might be able to do for you.

Thanks to all for the replies. The bottom line is that there are no 2 dr GTI candy white or Tornado red with sunroof, nav in either cloth or Autobahn packages in CA. I have talked to two different dealers and they both stated the same information. So, now I'm dealing with the dealer closest to me. The dealer came back this afternoon and stated that in order get a car with my options they are being told that they will need to find one that is in the process of being built. That is what the dealer is doing now. Which is fine because that should shorten the wait time maybe as much as 4-5 weeks, hopefully one can be located.

When I ordered my Porsche in Dec 09' I had to wait 7 months, was delivered in Jun 2010. So I am somewhat familiar with the process and use to the waiting part Hopefully this will be a shorter wait. I'll let you know what the dealer finds out about locating a car already in production.

550 Born
550 Born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #9
TurtleJames
FIA GT Champion
 
TurtleJames's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,149
if there are any in the surrounding states, maybe you can purchase it over the phone or something and make a road trip out of it.
TurtleJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #10
Skivvy9r
Touring Car Champion
 
Drives: 2011 6M CW GTI
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Severn, MD
Posts: 240
Not sure how far you're willing to travel, but check the search tool at www.cars.com. It shows CW 2dr nav GTIs in the LA area (Bakersfield & Riverside) as well as Oregon.
Skivvy9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
Match24
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Match24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CW 2dr GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 9
Ordered mine in middle September, took delivery in early Jan this year. Are you looking for a DSG or a manual? A local dealer in WA has a two door DSG Autobahn CW available:

http://www.chaplinsvw.net/VehicleDet...-WA/1006662713

I ordered from a different dealer though.
__________________
OEM euro lip|Tinted R LED tail lights|Monster Mats
Match24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #12
550 Born
Drag Racing Champion
 
550 Born's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI on order
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skivvy9r View Post
Not sure how far you're willing to travel, but check the search tool at www.cars.com. It shows CW 2dr nav GTIs in the LA area (Bakersfield & Riverside) as well as Oregon.
Skivvy9r, thanks for the info, I'm in the Sacramento area, Northern CA. Bakersfield is a few hours away and LA is 500 miles from where I am. If this doesn't pan out I will for sure start looking down south.

I just heard from the dealer they located CW GTI, 6 speed, Autobahn being built right now, no VIN yet. If VW is like Porsche, the VIN is assign after the car is built. If the dealer can get the car assigned to them, it will have a may-June delivery date. More to come....

550 Born
550 Born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #13
550 Born
Drag Racing Champion
 
550 Born's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI on order
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Match24 View Post
Ordered mine in middle September, took delivery in early Jan this year. Are you looking for a DSG or a manual? A local dealer in WA has a two door DSG Autobahn CW available:

http://www.chaplinsvw.net/VehicleDet...-WA/1006662713

I ordered from a different dealer though.
Match24,

Looking for manual, but thanks for the info. I have gone back and forth with that question but decided on the manual.

550 Born
550 Born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #14
550 Born
Drag Racing Champion
 
550 Born's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI on order
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 65
More info coming in...My dealer just got the date of Port arrival of 6/13 and to the dealer on 7/4. According to the factory, this is the only Candy White GTI, 2 DR, manual Autobahn coming to CA for the next 6 months but who knows if that's true. Could be if the 2012's are gearing up for production. As soon as the dealer gets word that the allocation has been assigned to them, we are good.

550 Born
550 Born is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.