GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Fault- Fuel Rail Pressure High

allset

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone had this fault? It showed up right after going stage 2. I noticed one other guy here with this but he also had 7 other faults and stuttering.
I guess ive got to bring it to VW :thumbdown: but i wanted some feedback first. One suggestion is a stuck mechanical relief valve.

Any ideas?:

1 Fault Found
000136 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure: Too High
P0088 - 000 - - - Intermittent
thx.

Last edited:

allset

Go Kart Champion
bump for help

BeauG

Ready to race!
I think one of the guys that had a REVO tune, Nico or someone else had issues with fuel rail pressure. Try a search I'm not sure if they ever fixed it but there might be some info out there.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Make sure your in stock mode when you go to the dealer!

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
i already posted somewhere what causes this. i'd tell your tuner about this. revo sent both me and nicoo a revision file that seems to have fixed this.no fuel rail pressure too high fault anymore.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
If this was a problem with our software I'd expect all customers to have the issue.

We don't just turn the codes off.

are you suggesting it is hardware related? because when i first got the code i took it to the dealership and they basically checked every fuel related component and even replaced them with new ones for testing. all components were ok, but the code kept coming back. took revo two tries (2 revision files) before they fixed this.not sure if they simply turned the code off or not.

allset

Go Kart Champion
i guess i have to bring it to VW, i just wanted to educate myself on this first.

There was no CEL so if others have this fault they may not know they have it unless they have vag com.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
i guess i have to bring it to VW, i just wanted to educate myself on this first.

There was no CEL so if others have this fault they may not know they have it unless they have vag com.

why would you take it to vw? it is a software issue. when i had the fault code, i cleared it, switched to stock for a week,no fault code.

allset

Go Kart Champion
why would you take it to vw? it is a software issue. when i had the fault code, i cleared it, switched to stock for a week,no fault code.

cleared the code, it came back next time i ran the car. VW is my APR tuner. APR advised to bring to VW also. What option do i have?

allset

Go Kart Champion
DJunited- thanks for the log-

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
cleared the code, it came back next time i ran the car. VW is my APR tuner. APR advised to bring to VW also. What option do i have?

ah,in that case head on to vw. it would take a while for the code to reappear after i had cleared it on my car.not necessarily every time i drive it.

allset

Go Kart Champion
ah,in that case head on to vw. it would take a while for the code to reappear after i had cleared it on my car.not necessarily every time i drive it.

yeah it came up the next morning. i maybe gotta run some logs also.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
DJunited- thanks for the log-

no prob. thats the old log when i first got the code. initially i thought that i was getting the code because my feul rail pressure was 180bar,which is about 30bar more than the stock pressure(150),that's why i logged the car.not sure how they will be of help to you though. goodluck