GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #1
allset
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: 2014 Audi S5 Prestige Package
Send a message via AIM to allset
Unofficial APR Stage 2 Thread- All Things APR Stage 2 Related

I tried to find a thread like this with no luck; although there is alot of scattered info. So, in an effort to streamline and centralize APR Stage 2 info, lets give it a go.

Like it says, all things related to APR's Stage 2, The Good, The Awesome, The Bad & Ugly. Technical questions & information, suggestions & advice, fixes, fault codes, logs, hardware/tune inter-relation, Sales/Trades giving first dibs, etc.
SOLD! |UNI KO4 #20 |Shaved Hood&Grille|APR Intercooler|Carbonio|KW V1|Peloquin LSD|Brembo GT 330mm|SB Stage 2 clutch| Centric Rear Matching Rotors|SNOW Methanol Injection|UR Catted/Res'd DP|Borla Catback|NEUSPEED RSe12 Hyper Black,KO4 TDP,TB Pipe,NEUSPEED 25mm & 28mm Sways,Support Brackets & Endlinks|Tyrol DeadSet Kit|R LED Tails|Klii Inlay|VCDS Tweaked||SupremePower.com|KMDTuning.com|GSE|

Last edited by allset; 05-21-2011 at 06:42 AM.
allset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
Norsk
FIA GT Champion

Drives: '16 DBP GTI SE PP 6MT with LP
Quote:
Originally Posted by allset View Post
Ill start:

a few days after going stage 2 I found the following fault thru vag-com:

1 Fault Found:
000136 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure: Too High
P0088 - 000 - - - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 3
Mileage: 24093 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2011.14.26
Time: 08:59:23

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 1317 /min
Load: 11.4 %
Speed: 1.0 km/h
Temperature: 99.0C
Temperature: 43.0C
Absolute Pres.: 1000.0 mbar
Voltage: 13.716 V

Readiness: 0010 0001

There was no CEL or noticeable issues like stuttering. i cleared it that night but it came back the next morning. Drove with it for a few days and cleared it again. Its been about a week and it hasnt come back so its a watch and wait thing for now.

Other than that, I LOVE Stage 2. It pulls like crazy bottom to top. Ive had no other issues with any of the flashes since i got started in Nov 2010.
I had the similar to yours and send the loggings to APR. They said, everything is fine. There's nothing I should be worried about. Will post up the loggings in a bit.

On the other hand, I am loving the power every day since late Oct. 2010 at 14k miles. Right now, it's at 23,500 miles. Loving it lot! No problem with the car at all. Clutch is still great! Hopefully, it will last little bit longer, meanwhile, I dont launch or shift hard or track the car. It's basically my daily driven car.

Last edited by Norsk; 04-19-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Norsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
allset
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsk View Post
I had the similar to yours and send the loggings to APR. They said, everything is fine. There's nothing I should be worried about. Will post up the loggings in a bit.

On the other hand, I am loving the power every day since late Oct. 2010 at 14k miles. Right now, it's at 23,500 miles. Loving it lot! No problem with the car at all. Clutch is still great! Hopefully, it will last little bit longer, meanwhile, I dont launch or shift hard or track the car. It's basically my daily driven car.
I was about to do some logs this week end but it hasnt come back i wast going to do them. But now i have your logs, i will run them just to compare.

Yep, im waiting on my clutch to go. i only have 14,000 miles but they are hard miles.

Thanks for the logs!
SOLD! |UNI KO4 #20 |Shaved Hood&Grille|APR Intercooler|Carbonio|KW V1|Peloquin LSD|Brembo GT 330mm|SB Stage 2 clutch| Centric Rear Matching Rotors|SNOW Methanol Injection|UR Catted/Res'd DP|Borla Catback|NEUSPEED RSe12 Hyper Black,KO4 TDP,TB Pipe,NEUSPEED 25mm & 28mm Sways,Support Brackets & Endlinks|Tyrol DeadSet Kit|R LED Tails|Klii Inlay|VCDS Tweaked||SupremePower.com|KMDTuning.com|GSE|
Old 05-20-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
Norsk
FIA GT Champion

Drives: '16 DBP GTI SE PP 6MT with LP
Quote:
Originally Posted by allset View Post
I was about to do some logs this week end but it hasnt come back i wast going to do them. But now i have your logs, i will run them just to compare.

Yep, im waiting on my clutch to go. i only have 14,000 miles but they are hard miles.

Thanks for the logs!

What kind of clutch would you get?

BTW, I have AWE TBE, S3IC with AWE Hoses, AWE TOP, and APR 1/2 Intake.
Norsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
Randum
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 GTI, 2017 Q5
I can testify the stage 2 does make the car significantly faster. Scary acceleration from what you are used to.....

Also makes "d" mode much more enjoyable and significantly more responsive. Driving stock "D" was laggy and annoying at times.
My Portfolio
Randum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
Erwan
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
i'll be honest the move from Stage 1 to Stage 2 wasn't as big of a increase as I had imagined. Maybe its just because the powerband is smoother, less peaky torque... I need to run some logs to compare them to my stage 1 tune and see the differences.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
Djunited
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: K04 GTI
i was disappointed with the stage 1 to stage 1+intake move.hope i wont be with the move to stage 2.
CTS KO4 | ITG Intake | ATP 3" DP | Uni IC | CTS TBP | NP K04 TOP | Eurocode LWP | Forge DV |SP w/m kit | RL 3" eCutout | BSH Mounts | W.A.L.K. | Bilstein B8 | Eibach Sportlines | Eibach F/R SB | NSP Boost Gauge | TD Pro Race 1.2 | Wilwood BBK | BfG 245

BUILD THREAD bczracekar VIDS
Djunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
Red2011GTI
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI - TR Stage II+
APR stage II has been sweet. I have used the A/C a few times and noticed that it really kills low-end tip in response (just like when it was stock but it seems more extreme). Anyone else experience this?
Old 05-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #9
mikeh6
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 Golf R
Quote:

hows apr's stage 2 with the awe tbe?
mikeh6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #10
vilesyntax
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 2DR CW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djunited View Post
i was disappointed with the stage 1 to stage 1+intake move.hope i wont be with the move to stage 2.
Same.. I went stage 1 + intake at the same time. I could definitely feel the low-end torque, but overall I thought I was going to be blown away by how much different it was. It's nice, definitely worth the $ to performance ratio, but I just had some higher hopes.

Stage 2 is coming soon for me, looking forward to it!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #11
omes4life
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Send a message via AIM to omes4life
Wht are the dyno #'s For APR stage2+? plus how much boost do we put out with it?
The forge atmospheric blow off valve is required for vtec to kick in
omes4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #12
allset
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:

South Bend stage 2 daily or enduance likely. Im pretty sure i can just replace the clutch plate and keep the rest stock; just need to reset the pressure plate.

Someone correct me here if im off.....
Old 05-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #13
allset
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by omes4life View Post
Wht are the dyno #'s For APR stage2+? plus how much boost do we put out with it?
according to apr its 276 HP with TBE, full intake.

Boost accoding to my gauge is 19-20 psi peak almost double stock of 10-11psi
Old 05-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #14
SFvalleyGTi
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Now: 135i SOLD: '11 CW GTI
Does Stage 2 require a better clutch than oem? I read that with stage 2 the oem clutch begins to slip...
SFvalleyGTi is offline   Reply With Quote