GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Golf MKVI photos, spyshots, videos, media

Old 05-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 2D Candy White GTI
My daily struggles :(

Being low is a lot tougher then i ever thought it would be. I've been on my ksport coils (23.2 Ground to fender) for close to a year and I've had to change my driving style a lot. I've gotten into tremendous fights with my girlfriend because i refuse to take my car anywhere that i have to park next to people i don't know (she drives a Lexus IS 250, slow as balls but handles amazing). Today i got a nail in my tire and they asked me to drive up onto the ramp of the tire shop only to come to a scraping stop. They had to then use my jack from the back of my car to jack the car up which is a major pain in the ass because the jack barely fits under the car and what should of been a 15 min thing turned into 45 min. heres a pic of the car not making it up the ramp after i backed up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	9453  
2010 Candy White GTI/ 6 Speed Manual/ Unitronic Stage 2/ A&L 3" Catless Downpipe/ MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust/ DevilsOwn Water/Meth DVC 30 Kit/ S3 Intercooler/ AWE S3 Hoses/ AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe/ AWE CCB Intake/ BSH VTA Race Catch Can/ BSH Integrated Throttle Body Pipe/ BSH Torque Mount Insert/ VF Engineering Short Shifter/ Noise Pipe Delete/ Revision D Diverter Valve/ AWE Vent Boost Gauge/ KSport V2 Coilovers/ VMR V710 18"
ChippedGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
Mr.Alex
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: CW MK6
Send a message via AIM to Mr.Alex
Sucks bro, low is a lifestyle.

Im the same way about parking my car, really paranoid.

On the bright side, your setup looks awesome.

Keep it Clean | Stay Classy.
Mr.Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
i cant go too low cuz there are speed bumps everywhere on base and my car is a dd. got anymore pics of ur car?? did u roll the fenders or anything?? the setup does look saweeet.
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #4
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

hey thanks guys i appreciate the comments on my set up! here are some more pics on another thread i started if you want to see some more of my set up http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread...ght=chippedgti
2010 Candy White GTI/ 6 Speed Manual/ Unitronic Stage 2/ A&L 3" Catless Downpipe/ MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust/ DevilsOwn Water/Meth DVC 30 Kit/ S3 Intercooler/ AWE S3 Hoses/ AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe/ AWE CCB Intake/ BSH VTA Race Catch Can/ BSH Integrated Throttle Body Pipe/ BSH Torque Mount Insert/ VF Engineering Short Shifter/ Noise Pipe Delete/ Revision D Diverter Valve/ AWE Vent Boost Gauge/ KSport V2 Coilovers/ VMR V710 18"
Old 05-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
KanDyWyte
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: White 5-Door GTI MKVI
I've taken my STOCK height GTI to Sears for an alignment when I went back to stock mode with my wheels, and they had to use boards and still scraped my front end getting on the alignment machine. Dudes there asked me if I lowered it! Haha! In the end I still am looking forward to my FK purchase in the next 3 months.

And dude! I've been in the SAME fights! WORST of all is that she lives at a place in Miami Beach where I HAVE to street park. Fu*kers have put 3 dents/scratches on my car in the 8mo we/ve been dating! We're moving into a new place at the end of this month (partially because of this) and the number 1 thing the new place had to have: private garage and hose nearby to caress my vehicle on the weekends.

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
Mr.Alex
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: CW MK6
Send a message via AIM to Mr.Alex
If you lived where I do though, you wouldnt daily 23.2" FTG lol

Keep it Clean | Stay Classy.
Mr.Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:15 PM   #7
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

thanks man i appreciate it. i hate that people just dont give a shit about ur car and mess it up for carelessness. hit me up if your ever in miami and down to go to a meet theres something every night. im always rolling around with like 5 gti's. always down to roll with another dubber
Old 05-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #8
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Alex View Post
If you lived where I do though, you wouldnt daily 23.2" FTG lol
lol i heard ny roads are killer :/
Old 05-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #9
KanDyWyte
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChippedGTI View Post
thanks man i appreciate it. i hate that people just dont give a shit about ur car and mess it up for carelessness. hit me up if your ever in miami and down to go to a meet theres something every night. im always rolling around with like 5 gti's. always down to roll with another dubber
Damn! Good looks man! Wish I had known! Moving this weekend to Ft. Lauderdale. I'm sure we'll cross dub's at a show or meet sometime in the near future though!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:40 PM   #10
OverTimer
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 13 PG GLI Autobahn DSG
Send a message via Yahoo to OverTimer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanDyWyte View Post
I've taken my STOCK height GTI to Sears for an alignment when I went back to stock mode with my wheels, and they had to use boards and still scraped my front end getting on the alignment machine. Dudes there asked me if I lowered it! Haha!:
That's strange when I took mine to sears to get alignment I didn't even scrape on my SS's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OverTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #11
KanDyWyte
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTimer View Post
That's strange when I took mine to sears to get alignment I didn't even scrape on my SS's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, I watched them struggle and clearly heard/watched my front end scrape the alignment ramp. But their machine was grossly elevated (I dunno if all of theirs are like that). I know FOR SURE to take it to the local tuner shop with the machine plush to the ground once I get some drop though.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:25 AM   #12
CDUBBGTI91
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CW 2011 GTI TR 2015 GTI
Your car does look good bro! I wanna go lower but the way I drive I don't think my car woud be able to handle it haha.
Mods: APR ko4 V(3.1)//APR DSG V(1.4)//APR rods/pistons//Carbonio Intake Stage 1+2//Billy Boat Downpipe//Magnaflow Catback Exhaust//s3 Intercooler//A.W.E. Turbo Outlet Pipe//BSH Pendulum Mount/BSH Torque Mount Insert//10" JL W7 //20% tint
Ko4 Club Member #4 ...SOLD // Mk7 GTI: APR Stage 2//APR Downpipe//APR Carbonio Intake
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/cbsantos91
CDUBBGTI91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:35 AM   #13
Mellow Dubmarine
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: MKV GTI
it's all a personal decision man. do you sacrifice functionality for looks, or do you compromise looks a bit in order to have a more functional car? I won't knock you for choosing one over the other because it's your car.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:31 AM   #14
meshone.
Oval Newbie

Drives: mk6 GTI
if you ever get tired of the coils.. send them this way
meshone. is offline   Reply With Quote