GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 05-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
VDubGtILINY
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2011 VW GTI 4DR 6Sp Manual
MK6 GTI vs CIvic Si

Though I would share my morning commute. On my way to work at 8am today I was driving fairly tame, as my new gti has only 500 miles and I have been breaking it in very caustiously, when some kid in a civic si pulls up next to me at a red light and starts revving his engine. In my younger years, I had a gsr integra, so I am no stranger to the world of rice, although I was fairly confident that I could shut this kid up, as we took off, against my better judgment in regards to the break in, I quickly ran through the first 3 gears and saw mr. civic falling further and further behind, I decided that was enough a abuse on my 3 week old baby, so i through on the hazards for a split second and returned to my normal driving style ( for break-in period anyway) as he continued as if he didn't realize that I had the far more competent vehicle.....Thought that may give some of you diehard GTI guys a little laughhh...
Old 05-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
omes4life
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Send a message via AIM to omes4life
Civic si's *facepalm* soo sad they think their fast but when i was stock i walked on them daily. Now that im stage one and they literally eat my shit... I dont even waste my gas on them anymore. Ive ran a 2009 SI k20 with heads, cams, bolt-ons and tune making 230whp and beat him by a lot When i was stage 1, intake & intercooler.*facepalm*
The forge atmospheric blow off valve is required for vtec to kick in
omes4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
mk6_gti
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
^ Your avatar is amazing by the way.
mk6_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
blueshirts0819
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 10 GTI CG DSG, 08 G35xS.
He must of watched too much fast n the furious or just beat a suv before he picked the wrong battle.

2010 MK6 GTI Carbon Steel, DSG (STAGE 2), AWE CCB intake, APR downpipe, Piaa H8 Yellow fog lights, body color sidemarkers, ECS 10.5mm rear spacers, Eibach Prokit Springs, 15% rear and 25% front tints, and tinted OEM euro tail lights.
blueshirts0819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
civics dont have much torque
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #6
chapusin
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: and drinks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
civics dont have much torque
civics dont have any torque
Old 05-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #7
chapusin
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: and drinks
something funny happens to me now, before when i got this car i wanted to race everyone, now that i know ill beat them easily i dont even do it, i just see them floor it when it turns green and i start driving slowwwly, sometimes i think i should teach them a lesson but then i think, hmm a cop could be hiding ahead, not worth it
Old 05-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
civic dyno chart

gti mk5 dyno chart-winner winner chicken dinner
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #9
VDubGtILINY
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2011 VW GTI 4DR 6Sp Manual
i think next time i'll just pretend i dont even see them.....waste of time and not worth the potential ticket...
Old 06-01-2011, 11:22 PM   #10
wilber
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2010 civic si
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDubGtILINY View Post
Though I would share my morning commute. On my way to work at 8am today I was driving fairly tame, as my new gti has only 500 miles and I have been breaking it in very caustiously, when some kid in a civic si pulls up next to me at a red light and starts revving his engine. In my younger years, I had a gsr integra, so I am no stranger to the world of rice, although I was fairly confident that I could shut this kid up, as we took off, against my better judgment in regards to the break in, I quickly ran through the first 3 gears and saw mr. civic falling further and further behind, I decided that was enough a abuse on my 3 week old baby, so i through on the hazards for a split second and returned to my normal driving style ( for break-in period anyway) as he continued as if he didn't realize that I had the far more competent vehicle.....Thought that may give some of you diehard GTI guys a little laughhh...
i work in long island maybe one day i will run into your gti and see how fast it really is.
wilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:29 PM   #11
wilber
Go Kart Champion

I ran a mk6 gti with exhuast not sure what else he had.It was white two dr with black rims.i think his plate said mk6gti.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #12
CDUBBGTI91
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CW 2011 GTI TR 2015 GTI
What's so special about a civic si? you have to mod the shit out of them before they are even "respectable" imo I consider them slow cars they have no "grunt" unless you rev the snot out of them and my sonata has more torque than they do lol. Only the turbo'd Civics look interesting to me other than that i say pass.....
Mods: APR ko4 V(3.1)//APR DSG V(1.4)//APR rods/pistons//Carbonio Intake Stage 1+2//Billy Boat Downpipe//Magnaflow Catback Exhaust//s3 Intercooler//A.W.E. Turbo Outlet Pipe//BSH Pendulum Mount/BSH Torque Mount Insert//10" JL W7 //20% tint
Ko4 Club Member #4 ...SOLD // Mk7 GTI: APR Stage 2//APR Downpipe//APR Carbonio Intake
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/cbsantos91
CDUBBGTI91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #13
CDUBBGTI91
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CW 2011 GTI TR 2015 GTI

^ this is a nice Civic but again it's extremely modded and how reliable is this car with a turbo?
Mods: APR ko4 V(3.1)//APR DSG V(1.4)//APR rods/pistons//Carbonio Intake Stage 1+2//Billy Boat Downpipe//Magnaflow Catback Exhaust//s3 Intercooler//A.W.E. Turbo Outlet Pipe//BSH Pendulum Mount/BSH Torque Mount Insert//10" JL W7 //20% tint
Ko4 Club Member #4 ...SOLD // Mk7 GTI: APR Stage 2//APR Downpipe//APR Carbonio Intake
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/cbsantos91
CDUBBGTI91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #14
wilber
Go Kart Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDUBBGTI91 View Post
What's so special about a civic si? you have to mod the shit out of them before they are even "respectable" imo I consider them slow cars they have no "grunt" unless you rev the snot out of them and my sonata has more torque than they do lol. Only the turbo'd Civics look interesting to me other than that i say pass.....
They make the same hp as your 2.0 liter 10.5 compression turbocharge cranking out 10-14 pounds of boost gti.So i guess your car is slow too.