GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

11 GTI stalling and stumbling on start

ms3brendan

Ready to race!
Make the dealer take care of it. There's only 1500 miles on it for pete's sake!

Medussa

Ready to race!
How would you suggest I go about doing that? They had it a WEEK and "couldn't duplicate". VofA has already been involved but until they get a code or can get it to fail, I'm looking for clues.

Use big words. Like. If you don't fix this I'll burn the m****r f****g dealer down

nekkehd

Ready to race!
Don't know why your stressing if they can't fix it you can get a new car out of it.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
When i bought my car it did the same thing,start up and stall it would do it every so often but the dealer said if they is no fault code there no where to start.Car had about 10 miles on it when it happen all the way to about 1500 miles and had no problem again. I had heard some of 2011 had been doing this,poss dealer didn't fill up with premium fuel.

My car now has 11000 miles on it with no problems.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Also i forgot to mention is that they also performed a battery discharge,they removed both battery terminal and connected them together for about 30 second reconnect the battery and set the throttle body adaption.Some time this computers get a glitch.So from there on i had no problems.

rd2277

OP, I've had this same issue a couple times. Stumbled at about 500rpms and would finally cut out after about 10 secs. One time, it was stumbling and I turned on the AC fan, cut out instantly. After all stalls had a flashing battery light on the dash. It went through these stumbles for a couple days, like you said after startups after she had been sitting. Haven't had the issue in about a week though. Last time it started stumbling, I revved the engine and it went back to a normal idle.

Just providing my experience if it helps any. Was thinking a possible battery issue since I leave my iPod plugged in all the time and it never turns off...Still leave it plugged in though and no issues again so idk. :/

03boostedGTi

Ready to race!
i also have a 2011, and my car sometimes idles rough and a couple of times its stalled out of my on start up. but when ever i want it to happen to show the dealer it never does it.... i need more info on this

rd2277

Also, a side note...

Last time I noticed a rough idle happen I had released the key from "start" position before the engine was fully going. I was wondering if it might be an issue with the computer not knowing the car is indeed ON and not pumping fuel correctly to the engine. Just a thought, I'm an IT guy so we always overthink problems, haha.

Since then have made it a habit to hold the key on "start" longer and haven't had the issue, but it was intermittent in the first place so who knows. :iono: Either way, I'm watching this thread and the car is a blast once it's on so :thumbup: