GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 06-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
RB06
Oval Champion

Drives: 2006 3 door 2011 5 door
mk6 apr stage 2 vs mkv apr stage 2

Both of these are my cars. The mk6 is a manual on sportlines, has an apr stage 2 tune, stage 1 & 2 intake, and a catless usp dp. The mkv is a DSG on h&r sports, has an apr stage 2 tune, carbonio stage 1, and a BB catted dp. My wife drives the mk6 and I drive the mkv. We both happened to leave for work at the same time today and found ourselves next to each other at a stop light. Seeing as we make fun a Fast and Furious all the time I rolled down the window and said, "when the light turns green I'm going for it." She laughed and gave a little rev. Light turned green and we both didn't get great starts (my dsg is the 06 with no launch control FML) and she jumped ahead. I figured it would even out but it didn't. She continued to pull on me until we had to slow down for cars. Basically, I got owned but it was a win at the same time. Kind of like Charlie Sheen... Bi-Winning!
RB06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
vilesyntax
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 2DR CW GTI
Haha nice.. how do you like the USP dp? About to get mine with my flash next week..
Old 06-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
RB06
Oval Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilesyntax View Post
Haha nice.. how do you like the USP dp? About to get mine with my flash next week..
I like it a lot. With the stock cb it actually sounds pretty normal when you are just cruising. But when you get on it that is when you can tell. Do you have yellow fogs? I think I saw you at usp when I picked up my intake a few weeks back.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
Jellybean
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: Gli gxp
oh man usp rolling eyes :-/
buick verano turbo
Jellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
Jellybean
Touring Car Newbie

im in your area vilesyntax if your ever down for a friendly run
buick verano turbo
Old 06-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
dbest6808

Drives: 2010 GTI DSG
Haha that's awesome. You told her you let her win right.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #7
Y34RZ3R0iscoming
Banned

Drives: 2002 E46 M3 (CSL conversion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
oh man usp rolling eyes :-/

Aaaaand whats wrong with USP Motorsports? I love my downpipe and theyre a great group of guys.
Y34RZ3R0iscoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #8
RB06
Oval Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbest6808 View Post
Haha that's awesome. You told her you let her win right.
haha no I didn't tell her I let her win. I just made the the story like well you do have stage 2 intake, newer tires, and the tsi motor is a lot better. But she knows its all just excuses. She used to track with a wrx so she can drive.

No quite sure what people think is wrong with usp. I have always gone to them and have no complaints. Plus they have the best shop to wait in.. 2 flat screens and 2 nice comfy couches...not much more i could ask for.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #9
Y34RZ3R0iscoming
Banned

Drives: 2002 E46 M3 (CSL conversion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB06 View Post
haha no I didn't tell her I let her win. I just made the the story like well you do have stage 2 intake, newer tires, and the tsi motor is a lot better. But she knows its all just excuses. She used to track with a wrx so she can drive.

No quite sure what people think is wrong with usp. I have always gone to them and have no complaints. Plus they have the best shop to wait in.. 2 flat screens and 2 nice comfy couches...not much more i could ask for.
I dont get it either. Theyre good people and offer great service and products, at least over the phone and interwebs. Gregg hooked me up.
Y34RZ3R0iscoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:38 AM   #10
vilesyntax

Drives: 2011 2DR CW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB06 View Post
I like it a lot. With the stock cb it actually sounds pretty normal when you are just cruising. But when you get on it that is when you can tell. Do you have yellow fogs? I think I saw you at usp when I picked up my intake a few weeks back.
No yellow fogs.. contemplating the laminex route.. what did you think of them?

I am down to meet up with you guys if anyone is in the springs area.. I'd like to make it to the Thursday meet in Boca, but it interferes w/ my gym schedule so its tough. The weekends are best for me.

Yea, I've had no issues with USP at all.. very helpful and professional there. They've provided nothing but excellent service to me.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #11
RB06
Oval Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilesyntax View Post
No yellow fogs.. contemplating the laminex route.. what did you think of them?

I am down to meet up with you guys if anyone is in the springs area.. I'd like to make it to the Thursday meet in Boca, but it interferes w/ my gym schedule so its tough. The weekends are best for me.

Yea, I've had no issues with USP at all.. very helpful and professional there. They've provided nothing but excellent service to me.
I think the fogs look good. Its all personal preference. I'm not sure what i want to do next to our car.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #12
Jellybean
Touring Car Newbie

oh man whenever i meet you guys i have tons or stories on usp and how they f uped my car, and friends cars.
But to note( they have changed the way they handle customers and have gotten allot better since they first opened) personally, since my own personal experiences and the old rep they had i, wouldn't go back to them ever.
I am glad however you guys had good experiences there, it does show chris has changed allot since he first opened
buick verano turbo
Old 06-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #13
fahrenheitstephen
Touring Car Champion

Drives: GTI
Greg no longer works there and now it's some lazy fatass guy. Greg did top notch work but i wouldn't go back after he left
fahrenheitstephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #14
CDUBBGTI91
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CW 2011 GTI TR 2015 GTI
Nice but why is your wife driving the manual lol.
Mods: APR ko4 V(3.1)//APR DSG V(1.4)//APR rods/pistons//Carbonio Intake Stage 1+2//Billy Boat Downpipe//Magnaflow Catback Exhaust//s3 Intercooler//A.W.E. Turbo Outlet Pipe//BSH Pendulum Mount/BSH Torque Mount Insert//10" JL W7 //20% tint
Ko4 Club Member #4 ...SOLD // Mk7 GTI: APR IS38//APR Downpipe//APR Carbonio Intake
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/cbsantos91
CDUBBGTI91 is offline   Reply With Quote