GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 06-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
Djunited
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: K04 GTI
Revo stage 1 mk6 GTI vs Stock G35

my mods are in my sig.
g35 is stock, and it got a slight head start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_5UbufPA1U

lift off as soon as i get traction lol.

excuse idiot friend towards the end :P
CTS KO4 | ITG Intake | ATP 3" DP | Uni IC | CTS TBP | NP K04 TOP | Eurocode LWP | Forge DV |SP w/m kit | RL 3" eCutout | BSH Mounts | W.A.L.K. | Bilstein B8 | Eibach Sportlines | Eibach F/R SB | NSP Boost Gauge | TD Pro Race 1.2 | Wilwood BBK | BfG 245

BUILD THREAD bczracekar VIDS
Djunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
CDUBBGTI91
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CW 2011 GTI TR 2015 GTI
DAMN!!! and that's just stage 1 nice kill OP
Mods: APR ko4 V(3.1)//APR DSG V(1.4)//APR rods/pistons//Carbonio Intake Stage 1+2//Billy Boat Downpipe//Magnaflow Catback Exhaust//s3 Intercooler//A.W.E. Turbo Outlet Pipe//BSH Pendulum Mount/BSH Torque Mount Insert//10" JL W7 //20% tint
Ko4 Club Member #4 ...SOLD // Mk7 GTI: APR Stage 2//APR Downpipe//APR Carbonio Intake
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/cbsantos91
CDUBBGTI91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
Djunited
Formula 5000 Champion

thx man.looking forward to stage 2.been waiting for more than 3 months now for my dp lmao
CTS KO4 | ITG Intake | ATP 3" DP | Uni IC | CTS TBP | NP K04 TOP | Eurocode LWP | Forge DV |SP w/m kit | RL 3" eCutout | BSH Mounts | W.A.L.K. | Bilstein B8 | Eibach Sportlines | Eibach F/R SB | NSP Boost Gauge | TD Pro Race 1.2 | Wilwood BBK | BfG 245

Old 06-15-2011, 12:39 AM   #4
CodeB4U
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Chevy SS, MK6 GTI,240 SX, NBS Tahoe
Time to mess with a G37
CodeB4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #5
Djunited
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeB4U View Post
Time to mess with a G37
ye i wish i could get ahold of one. the race scene is mostly 350zs, g35s, e46 m3s, stis, evos and gtis.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #6
xHeartcoreboyx
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '10 CW 2DR GTI DSG
Oh man, i had a totally different experience as i told u, i guess it's our terrific weather..nice kill!

xHeartcoreboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #7
Djunited
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeartcoreboyx View Post
Oh man, i had a totally different experience as i told u, i guess it's our terrific weather..nice kill!
ye bro you were definitly heatsoaked.i lose by 3-4 cars to my friend's car when i am heatsoaked.we are neck and neck when i'm not. ive raced 10s of 350zs and g35s ,always same result and sometimes more. fastest n/a g35 that hangs with us has intake/exhaust/tune and cams. i forgot wether it has headers and pulleys but i will ask him. he is neck and neck with me.it's really much faster than a stock g35.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #8
BigRobSA
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 Shadow Blue Metallic GTI
Send a message via AIM to BigRobSA
Last week, while my throttlebody was all sorts of jacked up, I was at a stoplight next to a couple dudes in a G35. My idle was wonky, and was surging, almost like I was blipping the throttle slightly.

Well, I figured SOMEBODY would think I was saying "Effin' race?!", and these guys did. It was right before this very road turns into a little highway going towards my housing subdivision. The light turned green, and the driver of the G decided it was "Go!" time. He got the hit, as I wasn't revving to get a race, but as soon as I noticed he was taking off, I too took off. The tq mount inserts worked like a charm, too. It simply bit, and went. It wasn't even a race.

Nice kill, OP. Keep up the pwnage.
2010 VW 2dr 6M GTI-Shadow Blue Metallic: Dynaudio, Sunroof ,17" Denvers with all-seasons, Bi-Xenons,cloth (K04 & APR tune, APR intercooler, Devil's Own water/meth, USRT TB spacer with meth bung, custom 3" turbo-back,Forge Twintake, BSH throttle pipe, BSH Tq mount insert), Eurojet boost gauge in New South vent pod, AWE tuning DV & DV Reloc,ClutchMasters FX350 PP w/ SB Stg3 Drop-In.
BigRobSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #9
xHeartcoreboyx
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djunited View Post
ye bro you were definitly heatsoaked.i lose by 3-4 cars to my friend's car when i am heatsoaked.we are neck and neck when i'm not. ive raced 10s of 350zs and g35s ,always same result and sometimes more. fastest n/a g35 that hangs with us has intake/exhaust/tune and cams. i forgot wether it has headers and pulleys but i will ask him. he is neck and neck with me.it's really much faster than a stock g35.
hopefully will install my IC, TOP and intake in a week max and run my friend's G35 4dr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRobSA View Post
Last week, while my throttlebody was all sorts of jacked up, I was at a stoplight next to a couple dudes in a G35. My idle was wonky, and was surging, almost like I was blipping the throttle slightly.

Well, I figured SOMEBODY would think I was saying "Effin' race?!", and these guys did. It was right before this very road turns into a little highway going towards my housing subdivision. The light turned green, and the driver of the G decided it was "Go!" time. He got the hit, as I wasn't revving to get a race, but as soon as I noticed he was taking off, I too took off. The tq mount inserts worked like a charm, too. It simply bit, and went. It wasn't even a race.

Is it very obvious when the DV commits suicide?

Old 06-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #10
Djunited
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRobSA View Post

Old 06-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
xHeartcoreboyx
Formula 1 Driver

your thread on golfmkv is much better hahaha

Old 06-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #12
Djunited
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
your thread on golfmkv is much better hahaha
those guys, lol

Old 06-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #13
BigRobSA
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 Shadow Blue Metallic GTI
Send a message via AIM to BigRobSA
Lightbulb

Quote:

Is it very obvious when the DV commits suicide?
Wasn't my DV, it was my Throttlebody. And, yes, it's VERY noticeable.

I thought it was an oily PCV, as did others, but the VW guys got with VWoA techs to diagnose it. Bad TB.

The idle first started idling high (about 1200 rpms), throwing a code (P0507 on a generic code reader) and a CEL. It did that for a couple days, then started surging from 1200-2000, then back down to "normal", then high, rinse, repeat. At every stop light. I took it in, and they diagnosed it, and ordered the part. The part took a couple days to get there. On the way home on the day they had it to diagnose it (and they tweaked some settings with their Tech2 or whatever it's called) it threw a EPC light, killing my engine on the highway. I pulled over, turned it off, waited a few, then re-started it and hauled ass home (was only about 2 miles from home at this point).

They threw the new one on, and it's fine now. But, I think they dicked around with other settings, and now when I turn on my headlights (I vag-com'd to DRL = fogs), I get a "Check right-side light" message on the message screen and a lightbulb CEL. When I check, all of the lights are fine, even the brights. WTF!?
2010 VW 2dr 6M GTI-Shadow Blue Metallic: Dynaudio, Sunroof ,17" Denvers with all-seasons, Bi-Xenons,cloth (K04 & APR tune, APR intercooler, Devil's Own water/meth, USRT TB spacer with meth bung, custom 3" turbo-back,Forge Twintake, BSH throttle pipe, BSH Tq mount insert), Eurojet boost gauge in New South vent pod, AWE tuning DV & DV Reloc,ClutchMasters FX350 PP w/ SB Stg3 Drop-In.
BigRobSA is offline   Reply With Quote