GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 08-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
DBGTI11
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 Deep Black GTI
Who want to see this race

Revo stage 2 vs APR stage 2

There is a forum member on here that is a friend of mine but be won't run me

His name is "boostinmk6"

His mods are APR stage 2 v1.2, downpipe, catback, S3 intercooler and Carbonio intake

Mine are Revo stage 2, downpipe, custom catback, twintercooler and Carbonio intake

Both of us are DSG

He's been dodging me for months lol

I think it's time some of you APR fan boys on the forum give him the motivation to run

And we'll both fill up with 93 at the same time to ensure no one is on race gas
DBGTI11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
dbest6808
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI DSG
I wanna see this... looks like an even comparison.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
xHeartcoreboyx
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '10 CW 2DR GTI DSG
Put on the same downpipe, catback and intercooler and make a clone of yourself then run each other lol

You really never can be 100% sure, i'm sure the majority based their purchase on closer dealer and features, not power

Just keep on running non GTIs, that's what we care about, personally i don't even click on threads where it's GTI vs GTI, no point.

xHeartcoreboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 2D Candy White GTI
lmao kareem this will be the dopest run if it ever goes down and ill film from behind you guys ride solo
2010 Candy White GTI/ 6 Speed Manual/ Unitronic Stage 2/ A&L 3" Catless Downpipe/ MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust/ DevilsOwn Water/Meth DVC 30 Kit/ S3 Intercooler/ AWE S3 Hoses/ AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe/ AWE CCB Intake/ BSH VTA Race Catch Can/ BSH Integrated Throttle Body Pipe/ BSH Torque Mount Insert/ VF Engineering Short Shifter/ Noise Pipe Delete/ Revision D Diverter Valve/ AWE Vent Boost Gauge/ KSport V2 Coilovers/ VMR V710 18"
ChippedGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
CDUBBGTI91
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CW 2011 GTI TR 2015 GTI
Shit I wanna see it. I'd love to run you guys for fun that's all I ever do here in Indiana. If I were there i'd definately race you, it's nice knowing exactly how both cars compare. Especially since you both are very identical when it comes to mods.
Mods: APR ko4 V(3.1)//APR DSG V(1.4)//APR rods/pistons//Carbonio Intake Stage 1+2//Billy Boat Downpipe//Magnaflow Catback Exhaust//s3 Intercooler//A.W.E. Turbo Outlet Pipe//BSH Pendulum Mount/BSH Torque Mount Insert//10" JL W7 //20% tint
Ko4 Club Member #4 ...SOLD // Mk7 GTI: APR Stage 2//APR Downpipe//APR Carbonio Intake
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/cbsantos91
CDUBBGTI91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
DBESTGTI
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 Stage 2 GTI
I wouldnt race you either, you Florida people don't know what a drag strip is.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
veedubj011
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 Gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeartcoreboyx View Post
Put on the same downpipe, catback and intercooler and make a clone of yourself then run each other lol

You really never can be 100% sure, i'm sure the majority based their purchase on closer dealer and features, not power

Just keep on running non GTIs, that's what we care about, personally i don't even click on threads where it's GTI vs GTI, no point.
Its not about comparing GTI to GTI...Its about comparing softwares to get a feel about which software suits your needs best. Thats why i am interested to see how this will result. Especially because im about 90% sure REVO will pull.
veedubj011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #8
DBGTI11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeartcoreboyx View Post

We have the same downpipe and intake

Trust me our cars are pretty similar
Old 08-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
DBGTI11

And honestly I've driven his car, I even drove it yesterday and I can say that my mid range and low range is stronger

Can't tell top range since I havnt gone that fast in his car

Ask anyone that has driven my car what TQ is

Chippedgti can chime in

Now his tune feels so differnt

It's really smooth

He drove my car and said my car doesn't even feel like a GTi lol
Old 08-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #10
SFvalleyGTi
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Now: 135i SOLD: '11 CW GTI
If he wont race you probably because of driving skills... Then just fill up both cars at the same gas station and take him to the dyno. That way you can see which car would be faster and have actual #'s to back it up.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #11
DBGTI11

He's DSG and I dyno'd 257 whp in summer heat and my dyno operation temps where 75% humidty and almost 90 degree's out

And he claims to dyno 265 whp which must have been on a happy dyno and during winter
Old 08-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #12
vilesyntax
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 2DR CW GTI
Driving in a straight line is so fun guys

Why don't you all go to the next upcoming autox event and see who gets better times?

Driving skill > X Tune vs. Y Tune
Old 08-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #13
Red2011GTI
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI - TR Stage II+
Just do it and make sure you have a video. We want to see it from a dig and a roll (from 20 and 40 mph). Whoever loses has to reflash their ecu to the other brand!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #14
ChippedGTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 2D Candy White GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFvalleyGTi View Post
If he wont race you probably because of driving skills... Then just fill up both cars at the same gas station and take him to the dyno. That way you can see which car would be faster and have actual #'s to back it up.
dont think its to difficult to drive dsg if i remember correctly when the third beep comes u floor it and hold on to the steering wheel so dont think driving skills is the prob. If that is the prob i will be more then happy to drive boostins car in this race and when it comes to tq dbgti11 car is very torqhy. whenever were in his car and he floors it the pull back is there. ive driven vehicles tuned by APR Revo and Uni and i can say Revo has an immense amount of tq more then uni and apr. Uni has good tq in some rpms not all around like revo but uni is great on power delivery. APR just feels dull to me. i mean im sure the power is there but feel it more as a linear graph instead of a exponential graph
2010 Candy White GTI/ 6 Speed Manual/ Unitronic Stage 2/ A&L 3" Catless Downpipe/ MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust/ DevilsOwn Water/Meth DVC 30 Kit/ S3 Intercooler/ AWE S3 Hoses/ AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe/ AWE CCB Intake/ BSH VTA Race Catch Can/ BSH Integrated Throttle Body Pipe/ BSH Torque Mount Insert/ VF Engineering Short Shifter/ Noise Pipe Delete/ Revision D Diverter Valve/ AWE Vent Boost Gauge/ KSport V2 Coilovers/ VMR V710 18"
ChippedGTI is offline   Reply With Quote