GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

me vs Supercharged Cobalt

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Ya, no vids cuz my iphone is retarted and you cant see anything, but Long story short, got him by 2.5 cars the first time, with a shitty launch, then gave him a car, and got him by 2 cars the second time with a good launch! His mods were EXHAUST, INTAKE, and trans mount ( HE HOOKED GREAT BOTH TIMES) I spun through first and into 2nd!! Ehh I need tires some summer tires!!!

:fighting0030: SEEE YAAAA CHEVVVYYY!!!!!!

Last edited:

Matt-mk6

Ready to race!
i raced a stage 2 turbo cobalt and we were kneck and kneck the whole time, btw good race man, haha

Uberryan

Banned
i raced a stage 2 turbo cobalt and we were kneck and kneck the whole time, btw good race man, haha

I might have to see proof on this one, those little buggers can move and you're only on a stage 1 tune. Smells fishy.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
He's stage 2.

Would be an interesting race for sure. The SC wasn't tuned, plus for a stage 1 SS/SC you need injectors.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
I'm sorry I thought you were referring to the OP.

Yeah I don't buy the Stage 2 Cobalt, seeing as there was that thread in the Vs. section about the Ion Redline that walked on the GTI Stage 2. Ion Redline and Cobalt are essentially the same car.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Cobalt SS w/ LSJ (2.0 Supercharged 200hp) < Colbalt SS w/ LNF (2.0 Turbocharged 260hp). The Cobalt with the LNF was the fastest mass produced front wheel drive car ever around the ring (the only thing faster was basically a street legal racecar, it had a plastic rear hatch window lol) Any of the LNF cars (Cobalt, HHR, Sky, Solstice) can walk all over a stage 2 GTI with very minor mods.

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
Some people have to realize GTI's are not fast. To become competitive in the 'racing scene' you need a big turbo.

I agree with DBESTgti, the turbo version of cobalt is a lot better and easier to mod than the supercharged version.

veedubj011

Ready to race!
Some people have to realize GTI's are not fast. To become competitive in the 'racing scene' you need a big turbo.

I agree with DBESTgti, the turbo version of cobalt is a lot better and easier to mod than the supercharged version.

Not true at all. For one, fast is relative. The gti is plenty fast and can compete/beat alot of cars. Once a tune is applied, the gti even competes with cars out side of its class. So no, compared to a z06, the gti is not fast. However compared to an si or something, the gti is plenty fast.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Not true at all. For one, fast is relative. The gti is plenty fast and can compete/beat alot of cars. Once a tune is applied, the gti even competes with cars out side of its class. So no, compared to a z06, the gti is not fast. However compared to an si or something, the gti is plenty fast.

You mean compared to a stock naturally aspirated 4 cylinder the 2.0 liter direct injection turbocharged GTI is fast? In recent years (for the US market) I think every car with a turbo 4 cylinder engine puts out more power than the GTI. Fast is relative but when comparing apples to apples the GTI is not a fast car.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Who cares about the cobalt. We all know Camaros are better than GTIs. :threadjacked:

JK