GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ATP/Garrett Intercooler...?

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
Anyone with experience with this? Good or bad?

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
Nor did I do you have a link?

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
they dont make a mk6 kit

Yes they do, it's on the ATP website.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...de=TP&Product_Code=ATP-VVW-178&Category_Code=

They have a 400HP and 600HP version both are true front mounts like Forge's Twintercooler. The 400 is the size of the Forge and the 600 version is bigger and some things inside need to be trimmed for it to fit. Looks like a nice kit.

They test fitted the 600HP version on a 2010 GTI and it fit with something being minor altered. The 400HP version would be a direct fit like the Twintercooler.

Think I'm gonna sell my Twintercooler for this even tho this is a single front mount and not a dual like the Forge.

mikeh61

Ready to race!
wonder if this applies to the k04

"We recommend the 600HP core (more cutting of the bumper support beam) for any engine running an upgraded turbo."

dbest6808

Ready to race!
I believe they are refereing to BT kits.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
Eh trimming FTL. Something is coming down the line with no trimming, and will be a true FMIC and not piggyback like the "twintercooler"

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Too big for a stock turbo, or even a K04. These units normally are basic designs and are highly inefficient. They are just trying to get the job done cooling temps when running higher horsepower.

In college, We took a *cannot name the brand* intercooler and did flow testing to find it was actually 32% effective at cooling our heat engine, which was basic in the very least. 32%!!!! This was a name brand import design!!!!!

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
I was looking at this the other day. One of my friends has a direct account with them. He says they're pretty good. They use their products on some of their track cars.

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Eh trimming FTL. Something is coming down the line with no trimming, and will be a true FMIC and not piggyback like the "twintercooler"

Yup this is true front mount that will perform better than the "piggyback" like the Forge, since the hoses go directly to the throttle body and pancake pipe.

The 600HP IC is the only one that need to be trimmed and the 400 is a direct fit like the Twintercooler.

I actually prefer the tubing on this kit over the silicone on the Forge.

Forge's tubing has the tendency to get kinked, since these are metal they have to fit perfect and they do as you can see with the pics on ATP's website.

If you own a K04 the 400HP version is the one to get, anything bigger like the Garret GT series turbos would be better suited for the 600HP core.

mikeh61

Ready to race!
yeah thats what i was thinking as well. i may hold off to see what this "something coming down the line" is

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
Yup this is true front mount that will perform better than the "piggyback" like the Forge, since the hoses go directly to the throttle body and pancake pipe.

The 600HP IC is the only one that need to be trimmed and the 400 is a direct fit like the Twintercooler.

I actually prefer the tubing on this kit over the silicone on the Forge.

Forge's tubing has the tendency to get kinked, since these are metal they have to fit perfect and they do as you can see with the pics on ATP's website.

If you own a K04 the 400HP version is the one to get, anything bigger like the Garret GT series turbos would be better suited for the 600HP core.

true but you have to "trim" to make it fit, my vehicle was test fitted with a local companies FMIC and the only thing that had to be done was the horn bracket had to be bent (which is NOT permanant and can be bent back to go back to stock)

Same company is also starting to prototype some BT kits, that are NOT going to be GT series turbos,

Borg Warner EFR FTMFW!

yeah thats what i was thinking as well. i may hold off to see what this "something coming down the line" is

I'm waiting on a reply from the owner of the place to see if i can start leaking more info about it lol, its been driving me crazy knowing about it and not being able to say anything as i see people go off and buy the "twintercooler"