GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions

Old 11-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
krische
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 CSG GTI 6MT
What kind of deals is everyone getting?

Just curious what kind of deals everyone is getting for purchasing the 2010 GTI in the US. Are dealers willing to negotiate much?
krische is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
Alex
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: GTI MkVI Stage 2
I got $1500 off of MSRP. I was not expecting much of a discount, considering that I called in every weekend asking about when my car would arrive.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:06 AM   #3
nyte3k
Oval Newbie

Drives: 09 TSX
Also what kind of lease/finance deals are you guys getting.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:12 AM   #4
krische
FIA GT Champion

^ I think there was another thread rumoring that the sign-THEN-drive event will be in November. I will be financing instead of leasing though. 36,000 miles in 3 years is too limiting for me.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
darknightohio
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2010 VW GTI United Gray
I got very close to invoice + $9400 for my trade. You just have to fight for it.
darknightohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #6
future10gti
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
my dealer said negotiating would not be a problem. I'll let you know how it goes.
future10gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #7
krische
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknightohio View Post
I got very close to invoice + $9400 for my trade. You just have to fight for it.
Where did you find invoice prices? I didn't see them posted on this site yet.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #8
future10gti
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by krische View Post
Where did you find invoice prices? I didn't see them posted on this site yet.
you have to negotiate them down to invoice.
future10gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:37 AM   #9
krische
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by future10gti View Post
you have to negotiate them down to invoice.
Oh I know that. I meant like do you know what the actual invoice prices are or do just negotiate saying you want to pay invoice without knowing the actual numbers? I've only seen the retail prices posted here.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #10
darknightohio
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2010 VW GTI United Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by krische View Post
Oh I know that. I meant like do you know what the actual invoice prices are or do just negotiate saying you want to pay invoice without knowing the actual numbers? I've only seen the retail prices posted here.
Edmunds.com and Kbb.com have invoice pricing, I used that...the numbers are slightly different from the actual invoice that the dealer has.

Oh and remember invoice does not include Tax.
darknightohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #11
Alex
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: GTI MkVI Stage 2
When I bought my car, I was shown the Invoice Price and the MSRP. Invoice was about 29,000 and MSRP was about 32,000. Of course, they expect you to pay MSRP, but I payed 30,500. I did not get a great deal, but there was no pretending that I did not want that car, and that dealership sells so many GTIs that if I did not want it in the next few days, it would be gone. Two other '10 GTIs were sold as I was buying mine.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #12
dthomas53
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: MkVI CSG, 2DR, Manual
Though my car hasn't arrived yet, I negotiated everything ahead of time. I got $500 over invoice, which sounded good at the time, but I've read some people have gotten invoice or lower. I had 3+ dealerships I was talking to, but $500 over invoice was the lowest anyone would go at the time (Aug). To be honest, the dealership I went with in the end has been pretty quick to respond to any questions, so I don't mind paying a little extra.

I suggest doing what I did and just be aggressive - start talking with 3 or more dealerships via email (don't waste your time driving anywhere), and just have them keep bidding lower and lower. Also, have them put it in writing that they show you the official invoice at time of purchase.
dthomas53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #13
blueshirts0819
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 10 GTI CG DSG, 08 G35xS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthomas53 View Post
Though my car hasn't arrived yet, I negotiated everything ahead of time. I got $500 over invoice, which sounded good at the time, but I've read some people have gotten invoice or lower. I had 3+ dealerships I was talking to, but $500 over invoice was the lowest anyone would go at the time (Aug). To be honest, the dealership I went with in the end has been pretty quick to respond to any questions, so I don't mind paying a little extra.

I suggest doing what I did and just be aggressive - start talking with 3 or more dealerships via email (don't waste your time driving anywhere), and just have them keep bidding lower and lower. Also, have them put it in writing that they show you the official invoice at time of purchase.

I'm from NJ too and been shopping around for a GTI for January delivery. Couple of dealerships gave me the usual runaround "oh, we can't discount them since they are hot...etc..etc". Anyway did some research in Vortex and actually went to a dealership close my house and negotiated a deal $400 over invoice. The saleman show the invoice and said just pay $400 on top. The cool thing is he went VWoA online after the paperwork and together we ordered the car right there with him. I understand everyone needs to make a profit but if you show me the details and I'm comfortable with it, I have no problem making the deal. Hard to find dealership willing to do that here in NJ
blueshirts0819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:10 AM   #14
flokwon
Ready to race!

Drives: 2010 VW GTI
Just got mine on Monday, I bought it with invoice 24,693.
Candy White
6 Speed Manual
xenon headlamps, sunroof, blue tooth
flokwon is offline   Reply With Quote