GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 11-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #43
volsfan0911
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2010 CW 2 door GTI
Chris - dude, that blows about the wreck! Glad to hear no one was hurt and the car can be fixed. Mine is on the boat and I should have her by the end of this month. Will update then. As long as I've been waiting for this biotch? I'll probably rack up 1,000 miles after the first two days
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:58 AM   #44
Cloudlink04
Touring Car Champion

Drives: Autobahn 2012 CW 4dr GTI DSG
sounds like a lot of folks are having the rear wiper leakage.

Chris, you have any pics of the damage to the car?
Cloudlink04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #45
mongo
Oval Newbie

Drives: '10 CSG GTI
Rear wiper leak here too. For now, it's a very minor announce. For me, I wash the rear window, wait a couple minutes for the little bit that leaks out to come out, then hit the rear wiper to get rid of the fluid. After that, there's no more leak for me until I wash the window again... Seems like it drains whatever is left in the chamber after you use the washer.

edit: poop. the rear nozzle got leaky without me using it today... guess we'll need vw to get a fix on this. i'll email my dealer today.

Last edited by mongo; 11-13-2009 at 06:31 PM.
mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #46
Chris@APR
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2010 CW GTI APR (STG3)
Send a message via AIM to Chris@APR
I have them on my digital camera, I need to upload them. Should have some today!

2006 UG GTI APR Stage 4 (Sold)
2010 Candy White GTI APR Stage 3 Hotness
Chris@APR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:35 PM   #47
dthomas53
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: MkVI CSG, 2DR, Manual
Well fellas, I picked my baby up last night, and put a good 115 miles on it already.

Two things I've noticed:
  • As mentioned earlier, I can definitely hear a mild grinding noise when coming out of first, at low RPMs
  • The driver's side door sounds as though it's slightly open (i.e. sounds as if there is air coming in)

Other than that, this vehicle is everything I dreamed it would be.
dthomas53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:08 AM   #48
Super Steve
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 5dr MKVI GTI
is the grinding noise on the manual or the DSG?
Super Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #49
geokotzamanis
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2010 VW GTI
I have the manual and it makes the grinding noise. The car drives amazing and I have no problem shifting but I still get that noise out of first. When driving fast I can hear some air from the drivers door like it is missing some weather stripping or something. I don't know if I should call the dealer.
geokotzamanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #50
mongo
Oval Newbie

Drives: '10 CSG GTI
Not an issue exclusive to a specific car, but I do have a small squeak in the passenger door when I go over bumps. I'm assuming I can get someone to make it go away with a little silicon.
mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #51
dthomas53
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: MkVI CSG, 2DR, Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by geokotzamanis View Post
I have the manual and it makes the grinding noise. The car drives amazing and I have no problem shifting but I still get that noise out of first. When driving fast I can hear some air from the drivers door like it is missing some weather stripping or something. I don't know if I should call the dealer.
Yep, same thing here. I have a manual, and I only hear the noise in 1st gear. The sound coming from the door is a little distressing, as it really sounds as though the door isn't closed, even though it is. Like you said, I really hear most when doing 45mph or higher.
dthomas53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:28 PM   #52
itzalexbish
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 VW GTI Candy White
Quote:
Originally Posted by graybunny10 View Post
200 miles, rear washer drips, and weird grinding sound on a banked entrance ramp from the drivers side front... sounds like the wheel was grinding on the wheel well.
ive beenn gettin the same noise...somewhat like a baseball card on a bike...did u find out what it is?!
itzalexbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #53
itzalexbish
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 VW GTI Candy White
also my rear whiper drips also..and its annoying after washing the car...
itzalexbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #54
Luis G
Autocross Newbie

Drives: Black GTI MKVI
I also have the rear washer dripping..

The day after I picked up from the Dealer, which was last Thurs. Friday the car had this.

1 Fault Found:
000257 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70): Implausible Signal
P0101 - 000 - - - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 2
Mileage: 153 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2001.14.13
Time: 19:34:21

Now the car is in the shop awaiting a new sensor....
Luis G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:47 PM   #55
peteydog
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: None
Wow.. GTI definitely has some initial quality issues!

I would be very annoyed by the rear washer leakage, but VW should be able to address that easily, esp. the problem appears to be wide-spread.

Now all other intermittent noises to me are the issues that VW can explain away and leave the owners with love-hate relationships with their GTI... I am in the market for a new GTI and am doing research before buying it... Well, I am glad I am doing my research! I am a bit discouraged at this time and will wait a bit before getting the car, if I am to buy a GTI...

I have owned a Passat and had a great experience with the car but disliked the experience with the VW service... I am hoping GTI would be a more reliable car so that I don't have to see VW service department more than just for the regular routine maintenance...

Thanks guys for all your input! It's very valuable to potential buyers, and I am sure VW will have to pay attention to the owners if we all put pressure for better cars from them! Definitely don't let VW get away with explaining issues away! We should expect more from them so that they will keep on improving their quality.
peteydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #56
waffleman
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 Black GTI manual
no noise here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthomas53 View Post
Yep, same thing here. I have a manual, and I only hear the noise in 1st gear. The sound coming from the door is a little distressing, as it really sounds as though the door isn't closed, even though it is. Like you said, I really hear most when doing 45mph or higher.

How loud is this grinding noise? I've got a 2010 GTI with MT, nearly 700 miles on it. I listened carefully last night and again this AM and cannot hear any grinding noise in 1st or any other gear with windows closed, radio off. I cannot feel anything abnormal either. Isthis noise specific to a specific build date? (I'm not sure how you tell build date in VW).

I haven't had any rattling/noise from doors, or wind noise from sunroof either.
waffleman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gti issues