GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 09-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #15
Hilfloskind
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI CSG 4d/6s
Damn clean...
Grambles' Unicorn Gym Theory
My Build Thread
Hilfloskind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #16
Rotaryknight
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTi CSG
How much did it take to fill the front plate holes? Also do you get hassled for not having a plate?

Where's your body shop? I'm looking for a decent one with a good price that can fix my GF's front bumper. She bumped a truck and messed up her front bumper skin, cracked her bumper support and other small damage. Not going through insurance so I'll be paying out of pocket.

My Feedback
Rotaryknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #17
PandaGTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: M3, CC, FJ Cruiser, Spark EV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotaryknight View Post
How much did it take to fill the front plate holes? Also do you get hassled for not having a plate?

Where's your body shop? I'm looking for a decent one with a good price that can fix my GF's front bumper. She bumped a truck and messed up her front bumper skin, cracked her bumper support and other small damage. Not going through insurance so I'll be paying out of pocket.
+1 on the body shop... Need to get dents taken off the hood and fenders of my wife's other car too so it's decent to drive (she ran into my bikes mounted on the wall and they popped off and put dents all over the hood)... That way I can put her back into her old car (a boring Accord), sell the CC, and focus more mod money to my GTI and FJ
2010 CC; AWE KO4 with APR software; unitronic DSG software; APR intercooler; stage 1 carbonio; B&B downpipe; VF dogbone; Neuspeed RSE14; Neuspeed steel lines; Stoptech pads; Gold Coast body kit; H&R rear sway bar; stock suspension with Bilstein HD's
PandaGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #18
aznwhip
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: C300, 745Li, Golf TDI, Cayenne S
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaGTI View Post
+1 on the body shop... Need to get dents taken off the hood and fenders of my wife's other car too so it's decent to drive (she ran into my bikes mounted on the wall and they popped off and put dents all over the hood)... That way I can put her back into her old car (a boring Accord), sell the CC, and focus more mod money to my GTI and FJ
Well, the body shop hooked me up, but you can contact Auto Network at 626-285-5489. Ask for Bruce.

That was one thing I forgot to mention in my build list, I also added big earth magnets on the inside of my bumper so when I go park in LA, I slap on my front plates which holds tight with magnets on the other side of the plate. While driving though, I never get hassled.
aznwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #19
Rotaryknight
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTi CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznwhip View Post
That was one thing I forgot to mention in my build list, I also added big earth magnets on the inside of my bumper so when I go park in LA, I slap on my front plates which holds tight with magnets on the other side of the plate. While driving though, I never get hassled.
Very interesting. So you just used like epoxy to hold Neodymium magnets to the inside of the bumper?

I'm thinking about cutting a slit in my bumper and adding an air damn/vent what ever you want to call it to allow more flow to my FMIC. But I would love a way to fix a plate when parked or to hid the vent.

My Feedback
Rotaryknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #20
Mille170
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI Candy White 6 Speed
Thanks for the info on the roof wrap, I am taking it up there on Sat. to get it done. They are way cheaper than any other place I have called.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013R View Post
how often do you get lasered from behind?
Mille170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #21
aznwhip
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Very interesting. So you just used like epoxy to hold Neodymium magnets to the inside of the bumper?

I'm thinking about cutting a slit in my bumper and adding an air damn/vent what ever you want to call it to allow more flow to my FMIC. But I would love a way to fix a plate when parked or to hid the vent.
Yup. They just threw some epoxy on the magnets and attached them to the inside of the bumper. Real simple.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #22
aznwhip
FIA GT Newbie

(Update) Got the new REVO v1.5 Software on and OMG totally transforms the car. She just keeps pulling and pulling. Much better ride now. Also absolutely no DSG problem that people had in the past. Looks like REVO fixed it in this latest update. Power and MPG. Definitely money well spent!

And with their SPS switch, makes changing ECU mapping characteristics so easy.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #23
maxtdi
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 370z,Golf TDI, Crown Vic
Quote:
(Update) Got the new REVO v1.5 Software on and OMG totally transforms the car. She just keeps pulling and pulling. Much better ride now. Also absolutely no DSG problem that people had in the past. Looks like REVO fixed it in this latest update. Power and MPG. Definitely money well spent!

And with their SPS switch, makes changing ECU mapping characteristics so easy.
Sweet ! Keep us posted on this, I am curious about that update also.
maxtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #24
aznwhip
FIA GT Newbie

Yeah, initial impressions were pretty amazing. REVO was in my car shooting video and kept asking me to talk about what I felt, but I was like totally lost in the moment and and couldn't put together a coherent sentence lol.

I'll keep monitoring it though to see if any issue pops up, but supposedly the limp mode issue with DSG was easily repeatable and when tested on my car, did not happen. No fault/error codes popped up either.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #25
mitsuplexnyc
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 2dr DSG
Clean. You sir, have style
Old 09-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #26
Krazy_Z
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI CSG 6MT
Send a message via MSN to Krazy_Z
This is one of the better TDI builds I have ever seen. I tried to look at this from work a few days ago but the pics wouldn't work. This is truly an amazing build you have going here. Keep it up man.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #27
RevoTechnik-GM
Autocross Champion

Drives: VW, Audi, Porsche
Quote:
Yeah, initial impressions were pretty amazing. REVO was in my car shooting video and kept asking me to talk about what I felt, but I was like totally lost in the moment and and couldn't put together a coherent sentence lol.
Here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSymoJ4y_MI

RevoTechnik-GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #28
andy_uranium
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 mk6 GTI CW, 2004 Acura TSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoTechnik-GM View Post
Sounds good.
2011 CW GTI - DSG, Leather, LED R tails, OEM front lip, color matched side markers, red footwell leds, klii plaid vinyl accents, DG springs, Unibrace XB, UB and RB - OZ supertourismo LMs - Hankook V12 evo
andy_uranium is offline   Reply With Quote