GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 10-03-2011, 12:57 AM   #1
Luvndubn6
Banned

Drives: 2011 GTI, Autobahn Edition.
"Vs." Rant....

Im wearing every flamesuit i could find for this one BUT... im going to rant anyway...

I find it, well, odd that the GTI has such a massive Vs section, in comaprison to say a porsche, bmw, gt-r, or other car manufacturer thats better known for "fast" cars. Now, dont get me wrong, im not saying the GTI is a slouch - its not. But im not sure as to why GTI owners on this and other forums have such a race-everybody-they-can mentality, especially on the streets. Why? Are we suddenly hondas? Everyone laughs at hondas having no power, unless its modified. Isnt that the same conundrum as our GTI's? That IS the reason that we get octane remaps, downpipes, etc, correct? To make it faster? Amd yes, i get the mod bug, and i get the tuning attraction, but IMO if any car really does have excellent go-fast powers, their limits certainly will never be reached on the street. How often have you ever had to blast your heater to keep the engine cooler? Its necessary during lap 3 on a proper track. IMO the best mod for a car is driving school, not a downpipe or map pack for the ECU. Im just puzzled, and would like thoughts/comments/concerns.
Luvndubn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:58 AM   #2
DJEuphoria
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 6-Spd Black GTI 2-Door
because racecar.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:59 AM   #3
MK6moneyGANG
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: mk6, gti, shadow blue, dsg
lol^^
PROJECT SONIC http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24664SHADOW BLUE DSG [SUN ROOF & NAVI] [40%/25 %TINT] [VMR VB3'S 18'S] [fK SILVER LINE COILS][MAGNAFLOW CBE] [YELLO LAMIN X FOGS][COLOR MATCHED SIDE AND REAR MARKERS][JL W7 SUB][OEM FRONT LIP ][10MM REAR SPACERS][APR stage1][APR CARBONIO STAGE 1][SPM CATLESS DP][REV D DIVERTER VALVE][ED LED TAILS]
MK6moneyGANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:01 AM   #4
CDUBBGTI91
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CW 2011 GTI TR 2015 GTI
I honestly think the reason why this forum has such a "massive" vs sections is because of 3 main people. Myself, chipped GTI and DBGTI11. If you look at most of the "vs" threads with videos they are usually from one of us forum members. I understand our cars aren't the fastest, but it's one of the "funnest" I know not a word but you get the point. Chipped, DBGTI, and I are all "young" guys and it's one of our hobbies. If I could have any car right now I'd love to have an e92 ESS supercharged m3 but I can't afford one. Instead I bought my "affordable" dream car. My GTI . It's more of a wow I'm driving a GTI but I can keep up with "these or those" kind of cars, and I do it for fun not soo much because I think I can beat everyone. Lol I know my GTI isn't "fast" I know street racing is very dangerous and illegal for that matter, but when I do race, I make sure it's with open roads. I know that's still not a reasonable excuse to do it but, I know nobody is perfect and 100% follows the rules. However I do go to the drag strips or tracks when I have the time and money, but as for the vs section, if you were to take away DBGTI11, Chippedgti, and Cdubbgti91 the vs section would be a lot less "smaller". It used to be "I had a dream" kind of section until we started providing videos lol.
Mods: APR ko4 V(3.1)//APR DSG V(1.4)//APR rods/pistons//Carbonio Intake Stage 1+2//Billy Boat Downpipe//Magnaflow Catback Exhaust//s3 Intercooler//A.W.E. Turbo Outlet Pipe//BSH Pendulum Mount/BSH Torque Mount Insert//10" JL W7 //20% tint
Ko4 Club Member #4 ...SOLD // Mk7 GTI: APR IS38//APR Downpipe//APR Carbonio Intake
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/cbsantos91
CDUBBGTI91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
CaptObvious75
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDUBBGTI91 View Post
... I understand our cars aren't the fastest, but it's one of the "funnest"...
Isn't it "most fun?"

lulz

There is nothing wrong with the vs thread. If anything, it shows the passion everyone has for their GTI. That said, don't expect to win against most sporty cars out there (Mustang, MS3, Evo, etc...) unless the driver is not so much "racecar."

The only time I can see a successful kill every time would be vs. a Civic Si
CaptObvious75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
VR6Growl
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: '12 Jetta 2.5 SEL; '14 328D xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptObvious75 View Post
The only time I can see a successful kill every time would be vs. a Civic Si
I wouldn't go that far... We all like to pick on Hondas, but there are a helluva lot more 10-11 second Civics out there than there are GTIs...

VR6Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #7
mikeh6
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvndubn6 View Post
I find it, well, odd that the GTI has such a massive Vs section, in comaprison to say a porsche, bmw, gt-r, or other car manufacturer thats better known for "fast" cars.
this is simple, look at the age of the drivers.
mikeh6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:39 AM   #8
DBESTGTI
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 Stage 2 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh6 View Post
this is simple, look at the age of the drivers.
This is completely true. One of my other forums got rid of their VS section and banned posting/discussing illegal racing because all it did was attract children to a pissing contest. They eliminated that section and added a racing forum that was for only for legal stuff, 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, auto X, road course, asphalt circle track, ect ect ect and it pretty quickly put all the tools back in the shed and the maturity/usefullness of the entire forum in gerneral improved because if it.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #9
BigRobSA
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 Shadow Blue Metallic GTI
Send a message via AIM to BigRobSA
Wink

I raced a F-22 fighter jet yesterday, and put like 3 cars on it.

2010 VW 2dr 6M GTI-Shadow Blue Metallic: Dynaudio, Sunroof ,17" Denvers with all-seasons, Bi-Xenons,cloth (K04 & APR tune, APR intercooler, Devil's Own water/meth, USRT TB spacer with meth bung, custom 3" turbo-back,Forge Twintake, BSH throttle pipe, BSH Tq mount insert), Eurojet boost gauge in New South vent pod, AWE tuning DV & DV Reloc,ClutchMasters FX350 PP w/ SB Stg3 Drop-In.
BigRobSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
bmxr
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI DSG CSG 4dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBESTGTI View Post
This is completely true. One of my other forums got rid of their VS section and banned posting/discussing illegal racing because all it did was attract children to a pissing contest. They eliminated that section and added a racing forum that was for only for legal stuff, 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, auto X, road course, asphalt circle track, ect ect ect and it pretty quickly put all the tools back in the shed and the maturity/usefullness of the entire forum in gerneral improved because if it.
Exactly......
bmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #11
DBGTI11
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 Deep Black GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRobSA View Post
I raced a F-22 fighter jet yesterday, and put like 3 cars on it.

thats because your APR
DBGTI11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #12
DBGTI11
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 Deep Black GTI
And yes majority of GTI drivers are younger and what can i say we like to race and have fun!!

thats what GTI's are

GTI's have always been the fast little hatches you'd see on th street and always want
DBGTI11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #13
SAthirtythree
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2010 CSG GTI
Because although most GTI owners like to make fun of "Ricers" because they think owning a VW makes them all German and classy and better than everyone, they are at heart just "Boy Racers"

Some people forget that "Honda, does not a ricer make"
Doing Ricer stuff makes you a Ricer.
SAthirtythree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #14
SAthirtythree
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2010 CSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBESTGTI View Post
Thats what we do on the forum i run. you want to prove how fast you are? post your autoX times.
SAthirtythree is offline   Reply With Quote