GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 10-07-2011, 03:59 AM   #1
...:::GTI:::...
Ready to race!

Drives: VW GTI 6
Golf R LED sale

Ive just found a site that is having a sale on the R LEDs tail lights.
http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_pa...49ee3b24814ea8
They cost $624.75 without the harness etc. additional charges are added.
The only problem is that shipping to Sydney (my location) is another $500!
Anyone know any sites where the shipping is cheaper?? thanks.
...:::GTI:::... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:03 AM   #2
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
flat rate shipping from OEMpl.us is usually $30-50. This is how they get you. Their sale price seems tempting, then they charge you outrageous costs for the shipping. Better to get a hold of Jabba, and get the clones of the OEM lights for $200 less, with same quality, build, etc.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:06 AM   #3
Grownman
FIA GT Champion

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPoint View Post
flat rate shipping from OEMpl.us is usually $30-50. This is how they get you. Their sale price seems tempting, then they charge you outrageous costs for the shipping. Better to get a hold of Jabba, and get the clones of the OEM lights for $200 less, with same quality, build, etc.
Don't forget sales tax. Better off setting up a group buy from BKS for $649 shipped.

Focal, can you link me to the reviews of these "Clones" I doubt they would be of similar quality.
Grownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:09 AM   #4
Ready to race!

Quote:
Yeah I agree, but i'd rather prefer the real before considering the clones!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:18 AM   #5
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grownman View Post
Don't forget sales tax. Better off setting up a group buy from BKS for $649 shipped.

Focal, can you link me to the reviews of these "Clones" I doubt they would be of similar quality.
Don't think so huh?

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showth...t=Jabba&page=6

just a few pics from that entire thread, but i suggest you read through the whole thing.

OEM LED tails are not produced by VW, they might be licensed as a VW part and sold with the label indicating so, but they do not manufacture these. Suffice to say, VW charges an absurd amount for it. However, the same build can easily be produced and replicated and sold for less.

Take the MKV for example, as I have most experience with this sort of thing, on that gen. The Euro-spec R32 tail lights are sold on OEMpl.us and from VW for well over $400

Hella is the original manufacturer, and they sell them for closer to $270/300 for a set. Same exact quality, build, function, everything. Only difference is one has a Hella label, and the other has a vw/audi logo and a lot more expensive.

Hella still produced both sets, in the end.

Now, I understand your confusion in regards to the ebay "spyder" clones, but those are shitty, and completely different. They've only copied the style.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #6
Ready to race!

Quote:
Don't think so huh?

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showth...t=Jabba&page=6

just a few pics from that entire thread, but i suggest you read through the whole thing.

OEM LED tails are not produced by VW, they might be licensed as a VW part and sold with the label indicating so, but they do not manufacture these. Suffice to say, VW charges an absurd amount for it. However, the same build can easily be produced and replicated and sold for less.

Take the MKV for example, as I have most experience with this sort of thing, on that gen. The Euro-spec R32 tail lights are sold on OEMpl.us and from VW for well over $400

Hella is the original manufacturer, and they sell them for closer to $270/300 for a set. Same exact quality, build, function, everything. Only difference is one has a Hella label, and the other has a vw/audi logo and a lot more expensive.

Hella still produced both sets, in the end.

Now, I understand your confusion in regards to the ebay "spyder" clones, but those are shitty, and completely different. They've only copied the style.
im so jealous of your tail lights! who knows a good site that sell the real LEDs for cheap?
Old 10-07-2011, 07:08 AM   #7
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

they aren't mine, but if the clones can be tracked down, they could be your's. These are photos from the CLONES, not OEM branded. Only other site I've seen them sold is some sort of asian/eu ebay.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:12 AM   #8
Ready to race!

ahh ok! thanks
Old 10-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #9
inc55
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2015 GTI Autobahn 4-Door
I might get the clones after all. My only issure was the rear fog option which I didn't want. But I don't care if only one light comes on while I reverse. I wont even see it lol. You cant beat 410 shipped.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #10
leiito
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 Golf GTI 2-door 6mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by inc55 View Post
I might get the clones after all. My only issure was the rear fog option which I didn't want. But I don't care if only one light comes on while I reverse. I wont even see it lol. You cant beat 410 shipped.
410 shipped.. is Jabba still selling these? i PMed him a while ago but still no answer.
leiito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #11
BoomBoy
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
On the site, what does "coding dongle" mean?
BoomBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #12
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

means it should work without the vagcom changes. You save, if you know someone with vagcom, obviously.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #13
BoomBoy
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
I don't, unfortunately. Is the "coding dongle" exactly the same thing as vagcom? I may have to buy it too.
BoomBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #14
TurtleJames
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
I thought Jabba sold these from South Africa making the cost with shipping moot compared to OEM?
TurtleJames is offline   Reply With Quote