GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'12 Black Pearl Autobahn GTI - Mmmmmmm...

kniteshift

Ready to race!

09/09/11 - Copped a 2012 Black Pearl Autobahn GTI for my 25th birthday.

09/26/11 - Tinted Windows - 35% front, 20% back

10/06/11 - Added more HP :laugh:

Other things I've done that I haven't picture documented:

Installed
Rear View Camera
Interior LEDS
Vag-Com Tweaks
Golf R LED Tails
Blue Tinted Mirror Set
Smoked Side Markers
APR downpipe
APR Stage 2
Modshack Intake
Magnaflow Catback Exhaust

Purchased: (yet to be installed...)
UNIbrace XB sold
Koni Coilovers sold
H&R Wheel Spacers 5mm & 10mm sold
Koni Yellow Shocks + neuspeed sport springs

This Coming Week:

I'll follow up with more pictures, and etc.,.

Also, contemplating getting new wheels, at the same time I do like the Serrons.

Last edited:

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!
Those wheels need to go.........fugly:thumbdown:

Ha! Don't listen to this guy. Nice wheels. Makes the car look updated. Not just another regular old GTI!

Nice car.
Enjoy!

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Those wheels look soooo out of place on these cars...I just can't get my hands around them. You would be wise to add new wheels to your to-do list. You've got yourself off to a great start, though. Just help yourself to some better shoes.

kniteshift

Ready to race!
Ha! Don't listen to this guy. Nice wheels. Makes the car look updated. Not just another regular old GTI!

Nice car.
Enjoy!

Gotta say I very much agree. I don't really like the Detroits because it reminds me of giant ninja stars, also the serrons do stand out a lot more. I may look into bbs or volks. I just got a huge bonus check, so we'll see.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm still holding judgement on the wheels till i seem em with a drop. imho, im thinking they MAY look better than the detroits... when the car is lowered.

BonJovic

Ready to race!
I'm still holding judgement on the wheels till i seem em with a drop. imho, im thinking they MAY look better than the detroits... when the car is lowered.

I think people hate on the Detroits because they see them all the time. Im partial to the Detroits.

Side note: F The Lions, go Bears! :happyanim:

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Get your Koni coils first and then judge the wheels. I think they will look good with the car a bit lower and a set of 10mm spacers on the rear.

kniteshift

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure I'm just going to lower the car enough to cover that gap. The reason why I chose Koni was the ride comfort mainly on the San Francisco shitty roads.

SRT2GTI

Banned
I don't mind the Serrons one bit. They also look alot better in person.

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
Nice ride! Looks... familiar.... somehow....

Except I got mine for my 40th birthday. :)

I also like the Serrons... but I agree with you the BBS or Volks look good too.

Tint looks clean... Been trying to convince my wife on tint, maybe I will show her that photo to give her an idea what it will look like. Can't complain too much, she's fine with all the performance mods, she just cares what she looks like in the passenger seat. :)

kniteshift

Ready to race!
Nice ride! Looks... familiar.... somehow....

I see what you did there :laugh:

Except I got mine for my 40th birthday. :)

I also like the Serrons... but I agree with you the BBS or Volks look good too.

Tint looks clean... Been trying to convince my wife on tint, maybe I will show her that photo to give her an idea what it will look like. Can't complain too much, she's fine with all the performance mods, she just cares what she looks like in the passenger seat. :)

Aside from aesthetics, its nice to have regulated temperature for someone like my mom. Having the rear windshield tinted is also good for me because of my dog who usually likes to hang out in the trunk.

The best thing is that whenever people are driving on the freeway at night, the beams don't bother you as much. (Also, the main reason why I'm getting tinted mirrors).

If you live near the south bay san mateo area, you can check out
http://www.yelp.com/biz/best-image-san-mateo. Paid 160 for 7 windows, but you can say you called in a week before, and they quoted you 130 for 7 windows :p

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
I see what you did there :laugh:

Aside from aesthetics, its nice to have regulated temperature for someone like my mom. Having the rear windshield tinted is also good for me because of my dog who usually likes to hang out in the trunk.

The best thing is that whenever people are driving on the freeway at night, the beams don't bother you as much. (Also, the main reason why I'm getting tinted mirrors).

If you live near the south bay san mateo area, you can check out
http://www.yelp.com/biz/best-image-san-mateo. Paid 160 for 7 windows, but you can say you called in a week before, and they quoted you 130 for 7 windows :p

My wife is goldilocks, she's always too hot or too cold, so maybe the infrared shielding and temp reg will help me convince her. I hate lights at night too, didnt think about the rear tint for that. I am planning to get those blue tinted asphericals at some point to help with that. I love my HIDs but I hate when someone sits in my left side mirror with them in traffic!

kniteshift

Ready to race!
Golf R LED Tail Lights:

Installed the Tinted Side Markers, and tinted blue side mirrors; no pics yet.

Decided to keep my car pretty much stock. Lost my DD last week, so I'm going to have to buy a new one.

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
The wheels look great, I have seen them in person. Keep in mind VW did not choose these randomly, a design team selected these as the final rendition of the 2012 GTI. Opinions will vary and tastes are diverse. Don't hate or bash a drivers new love. Many of the wheels I see here on the site would never see the light of day on my GTI. I will post my new wheels this week.
Good luck with the new car!