GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Marketplace > Vendor/Member Feedback Forum

Old 10-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
NoRegrets78
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2016 Triumph Street Triple R
Send a message via AIM to NoRegrets78
Thumbs up Elite Motorsport Medford, NY

Just wanted to take a moment to give a very positive review to the guys at Elite Motorsport. I called them yesterday inquiring about the APR Sale Stage 1 flash and provided my vehicle information. There was a question of whether or not a 2012 could be bench flashed so we left it as they would contact APR to confirm before making me drive out there. Today I received the call that all was well and that I should bring her in today! Just got home and everything went completely smoothly. Didn't take long at all. I had APR before on my MKV and this time is exactly what I expected. Car feels amazing even before the adaptation people say takes a hundred miles or so. Couldn't be happier with both the guys at Elite (Kayihan in particular), and APR.

GO APR!
NoRegrets78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
DougDome
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Shadow Blue 2dr Autobahn
Thanks for the review, I'll probably end up going there for next summer's apr sale... to go from stock to k04
DougDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
sgessler2011
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: Now: MK7 GTI PP, traded in my 2011
Glad you went there. They have a nice shop and great service. Stage 1 is fantastic, that's how the car should come from the factory.
Steve

Then: 2011GTI Carbon Steel Gray DSG
1992 Corrado SLC VR6
sgessler2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
Djmikeyd
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2011 Black Autobahn 4Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRegrets78 View Post
Just wanted to take a moment to give a very positive review to the guys at Elite Motorsport. I called them yesterday inquiring about the APR Sale Stage 1 flash and provided my vehicle information. There was a question of whether or not a 2012 could be bench flashed so we left it as they would contact APR to confirm before making me drive out there. Today I received the call that all was well and that I should bring her in today! Just got home and everything went completely smoothly. Didn't take long at all. I had APR before on my MKV and this time is exactly what I expected. Car feels amazing even before the adaptation people say takes a hundred miles or so. Couldn't be happier with both the guys at Elite (Kayihan in particular), and APR.

GO APR!
hey bro im from lindenhurst and im around w.i alot XD im getting my stuff done at elite motorsports too as its one of the better looking facilties and its the closest. thanks for the review helped me alot
Djmikeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #5
NoRegrets78
Formula 5000 Champion

The two closest were platinum VW and elite. I actually talked to platinum first before I found out about elite and they were kinda dicks about it and told me flat out my entire engine and tranny warranty was void after the flash. Ha.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
Djmikeyd
Formula 3000 Driver

I asked platinum if they do apr and they said ofcourse them they ask me what car i have nd they said that they dont do flashes yet because some shit with warranty blah blahblah. I was gonna get the carbonio, stage 1 flash and r taillights all done at once And i hear this bullshit. Btw dont ever go to the new vw dealership on sunrise, i think its inbayshore or w.i. Talking to them is like talking to a fucking brick wall. They wanted to sell me the black autobahn 2011 they had, certified preowned, with a ripped off handle, poorly glued on, fucked up front bumper with 10k miles on it for 29 grand + tax. Got the same car brand new from habberstad vw for the same price . Wouldnt let them service mycar if i was u lol
Old 10-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #7
NoRegrets78
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmikeyd View Post
I asked platinum if they do apr and they said ofcourse them they ask me what car i have nd they said that they dont do flashes yet because some shit with warranty blah blahblah. I was gonna get the carbonio, stage 1 flash and r taillights all done at once And i hear this bullshit. Btw dont ever go to the new vw dealership on sunrise, i think its inbayshore or w.i. Talking to them is like talking to a fucking brick wall. They wanted to sell me the black autobahn 2011 they had, certified preowned, with a ripped off handle, poorly glued on, fucked up front bumper with 10k miles on it for 29 grand + tax. Got the same car brand new from habberstad vw for the same price . Wouldnt let them service mycar if i was u lol
That's where I bought my car and I had no issues with them
Old 10-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #8
Sirius
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Power Wheels
Send a message via AIM to Sirius
Went to Elite myself. Good shop.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
DougDome
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Shadow Blue 2dr Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmikeyd View Post
I had a similar experience with Donaldson's. When I waled in there with the intention of leaving with a new car, not a single salesperson could be bothered to get off the butts to help me. The one that finally did was dumb as a box of rocks. I had a much better experience at Habberstad.
DougDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
v6viking
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI DSG
Had this done three weeks ago by Kai at Elite Motorsports in Medford, NY.

Power is significantly increased, but what's most noticable is the low/mid range torque. There's no need to downshift anymore, just a little more throttle in the 2-4k rpm range is all that is needed for daily driving.

I couldn't possibly go back to stock tune now, and am concerned that this will feed the addiction for speed. I'm trying to stick with only the additions made so far. (Stage 1 and Modshack Intake.)

I can't say how much the Modshack Intake compliments the APR Tune, but I sure do love the combo.

Anyone that may be on the fence...go for it!!

Arin: One of my primary deciding factors to go APR was your participation on the forums, and your willingness to resolve customer issues. You've showed that you're a stand up guy, and that was a big influence in my decision.

Also, a word about Elite: Kai was knowlegdable, professional, and was able to answer any questions that I had. I would definitely recommend their shop. http://elitemotorsport.net/
2011 GTI (CBFA) - DSG - Stock ECU - SPM Street Edition Downpipe - ModShack Intake - S3IC - Neuspeed TT TOP - Neuspeed Throttle Body Pipe - Energy Suspension MK6 Insert - New South Performance Vent Pod/Boost Gauge - Soundaktor Disconnect - Ross Tech VCDS/Micro CAN Cable
v6viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #11
NoRegrets78
Formula 5000 Champion

Exactly what sold me on APR back in my MKV days, very good customer service and interaction. Loving the tune, it's getting faster and smoother every day! Just threw in the BFI Stage 1 insert today. Perfect compromise between really solid and NVH. No vibes in D or driving and the reverse vibes are already starting to settle.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #12
Djmikeyd
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDome View Post
I had a similar experience with Donaldson's. When I waled in there with the intention of leaving with a new car, not a single salesperson could be bothered to get off the butts to help me. The one that finally did was dumb as a box of rocks. I had a much better experience at Habberstad.
I left donaldsons at least 5 times and they called kept telling me to come in that they have a deal for me, which was bullshit, they only try to get you to come so they can work on THEIR price which wont change much. Habberstad , found the only autobahn left on LI 2011 4 door exactly how i wanted it and there was no bullshit said or done
Old 12-20-2016, 04:11 PM   #13
Nineeightgolf
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 gti
Just left this shop and got the newest update to the APR software (v 2.4). I was charged a full hour of labor (+$130) even though my car was already in the shop. I would recommend shopping around to see if you can get a better price. I know its Long Island and everything is a ripoff but that seems steep for what is basically plugging in a laptop. Just a heads up to the locals
Nineeightgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:27 AM   #14
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineeightgolf View Post
Just left this shop and got the newest update to the APR software (v 2.4). I was charged a full hour of labor (+$130) even though my car was already in the shop. I would recommend shopping around to see if you can get a better price. I know its Long Island and everything is a ripoff but that seems steep for what is basically plugging in a laptop. Just a heads up to the locals
Not to defend them but some shops automatically charge 1 hour of labor regardless of how long it takes as a policy. This way there is no arguement from a customer about why one week a half hour job was half price and the next week it was 10 more (because it went a little over half an hour). So if they just charge one hour regardless there is no back and forth.

That being said a lot of shops will not charge for a flash update as your are already a previous customer.. just depends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote