GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 10-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #15
Thumper
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 15 Audi S3/'15 Audi S4/'15 328dx SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBorVW View Post
A lot of those trucks get on the highways with muddy/rocky tires...so whose fault is that by your logic? I wasn't talking about crap that's already on the road, that's a "no fault" situation.
Not my logic, I am simply talking about the laws. LOL

For the muddy truck tires it will come down to the local statute and laws. Many places would count that as debris ON the truck (it certainly wasn't on the road before that truck got on it LOL) and they are required to clean their tires prior to entering the roadway. Again, check your local vehicle code a sit may differ in some ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS_GTI View Post
Insurance, FTW.

No reprocussions for using your comp. policy either. They asked if I chased down the truck, but I told them I wasn't comfortable doing so at 3am. Not an issue, done deal.
Actually, there CAN be repercussions, this can greatly depend. Afterall, insurance is about loss ratio. If you have a $1000 claim every month under Comp, at renewal they may increase your premiums because you are obviously at a higher risk for losses. Although yes, usually a comp loss is more forgiving than say a collision loss where you ran into 3 people. LOL
2015 Alpine White BMW 328dX Touring M-Sport
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #16
GS_GTI
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 14 Z51, 15 GT PP, 15 JKU Hard Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post

Actually, there CAN be repercussions, this can greatly depend. Afterall, insurance is about loss ratio. If you have a $1000 claim every month under Comp, at renewal they may increase your premiums because you are obviously at a higher risk for losses. Although yes, usually a comp loss is more forgiving than say a collision loss where you ran into 3 people. LOL
Obviously, don't go crazy on claims.

I've had the same agent since 1987 and my family has been with him since the 70's. He's very up front with me. Kinda like a family member.
GS_GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #17
Ironhorse
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Black Beauty III
About 6 weeks ago someone was killed in CT when a metal bolt shook loose from a truck and went through the windshied of the SUV and struck the person in the head. Like you, I would be upset as well, but maintaining perspective is important. Good luck.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #18
nouse4aname
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2007 Legacy GT Spec B
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBorVW View Post
Don't you love those signs on the big trucks too...STAY BACK 1 MILLION FEET...NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES...
I haven't seen that and it wouldn't be legal. Just the "stay back 100 feet, not responsible for debris from roadway."
nouse4aname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #19
Sieran
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2011 4-door GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by nouse4aname View Post
I haven't seen that and it wouldn't be legal. Just the "stay back 100 feet, not responsible for debris from roadway."
I actually seen one today in Texas that said "Stay back 500 feet, not responsible for damages".

The sign was about the size of a speed limit sign on the side of the road. And i was thinking... Who the fuck can read that sign from 500 feet away?!?
Sieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #20
floridabartaker
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI 4 door MT
If you have any small chips on your windshield, get it fixed ASAP before vibrations/weather cause it to get bigger, otherwise you might have to replace the whole windshield, which never turns out the same as stock.
floridabartaker is offline   Reply With Quote