GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Exterior / Interior Care (washing, detailing, exterior repairs)

Old 10-29-2011, 03:44 AM   #1
Bose
Autocross Champion

Drives: '11 CW 6MT
6 month review of Cilajet

Bought my car in April and the dealer was pushing Cilajet pretty hard. I kept saying 'no' and he kept dropping the price. When he said "ok...$200 and you get the full exterior with wheels and the interior protectant too. Lifetime warranty. If you ever get a stain on the seats, carpet, or blems in the paint bring it back and we'll make it right." So I bit and had it done.

I'm not new to buying cars and the crap they push, but I figured for $200, what the heck. Right off the bat the car looked great. Water beaded up well and the car was very slick. Pretty much what I would expect from a detail with polish and wax. I figured it wouldn't last though.

Fast forward to last weekend, 6 months later. Now I have been washing at least every 2 weeks, so the car never gets really dirty, but I missed a wash a couple weeks ago, so it hadn't had a bath in a month. Roads have been getting paved all around my house, so I've been driving on new tar a bunch. I broke down last weekend and washed the car and there was a ton of tar splatter behind the rear wheels. With only rag and car soap, the tar washed right off. So it seems to have held up pretty well. All summer, bugs and crap on the front came right off without any effort.

So if you can swindle a cheap deal, I'd recommend it.

Oh...and as far as the interior. My 14 yr old football player got in the car after a muddy football game. Dirt vacuumed right out of the pax seat and left no residue. Not bad.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
excelmk6
Autocross Newbie

Drives: '11 CW GTi 2-door
My company sells cilajet. Our cost is $50. Fyi...the markup is insane
Old 10-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
SauwceBoss
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MKIV Jetta TDI, MKVI GTI
is this the same stuff as zylon?
SauwceBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
jmlivid
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 2 door CSG GTI
I got them to throw it in for free, along with winter wheels and tyres, clear bra, and a bunch of protection plans ( the 2012s were on the way and they had 4 2011 gtis they needed to get rid of) I am pretty satisfied with the Cilajet so far. Good to hear positive reviews 6 months later.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
Bose
Autocross Champion

Drives: '11 CW 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by excelmk6 View Post
My company sells cilajet. Our cost is $50. Fyi...the markup is insane
I figured it was uber cheap at wholesale. He started at $800, then went to $200 without blinking. Kinda tells you what his cost is.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
usndoc2.0
Go Kart Champion

Drives: GTI 12'
can you apply a clay kit to a car with cilajet?
usndoc2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote