Steel braided brake lines with Motul 600 fluid
Dogbone inserts
Forge Catch can
Carbonio intake I and II
Southbend Stage II Endurance clutch
APR intercooler
Stern brace
Unibrace xb and ub

Understatement: This is a completely different car.

Throttle Response: Driving around with stage I was fun, but honestly the throttle response felt delayed with the dual mass flywheel. Heel to toe downshifts took more time while waiting for the throttle to respond. Now the car reacts instantly to my input.

Acceleration: Wow! Even with the lsd and dog bones first and second require careful squeezing of the throttle. Once in 3rd the car hooks up and accelerates incredibly well. I have 225/45R-17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 XL and 17x8 O.Z. Alleggerita HLT BLK PAINT. My driving has been limited to around town and freeway. It has also been raining.

Comparison: My last performance vehicle was a 2002 Z06 with 442 cu inch racing motor 558 whp/ 600 tq all motor. It was not enjoyable to drive around town, only sat 2 people, gave the wrong impression to people when used for business, fit and finish was no where near the level of gti. It was very fast and great on the track, but that was it.
GTI is sophisticated, comfortable, economical, classy and fast. It would never compete with the vette in the raw power department, but the vette was one dimensional - at least the way I built it. I use the gti for work and meet with clients all week-never getting that sideways look. The gti can do everything well and now it is truly a sleeper. No one expects that car to move the way it does :thumbsup:

Wrap Up: I was looking for a car that was economical, fun to drive fast when you want, classy, comfortable, understated in a good way.

I am very happy :thumbup:

Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited:

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Did you win the lottery or does money grow on trees in Walnut Creek? Dang, I am seriously Jelly... Congrats, you drive the car my car wants to be someday.

Smooooth

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, it represents an investment BUT the whole package puts this sleeper in a fun to drive and classy level of cars like porsche, audi, mercedes but for thousands less. At least that is my opinion :happyanim:

xrayman34

Ready to race!
Wow, you had that all done at once? Thats no joke, the K04 is my goal someday. Could you give some feed back on the Eurojet system, and post some vids, I want to see this thing in action, cheers......

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
nice set-up :thumbsup:

unfortunately I'm with these other guys and lack funds to take my car to this level right now, someday though!

Bigmack74

Ready to race!
:thumbsup:That's a big jump! Enjoy

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
That's a great jump. Hahaha I want to spare myself the wrath of my GF more than the funds. Wait till she notices new wheels in a week.

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
Thoughts on the LSD? I know it is near impossible to compare stage 1 w/o the lsd to k04 with the LSD, but it'd be great to get your feedback

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Nice man and congrats on the upgrades! :) I just recently purchased a new macbook pro so I think my ko4 will have to wait a little bit longer :(

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Thoughts on the LSD? I know it is near impossible to compare stage 1 w/o the lsd to k04 with the LSD, but it'd be great to get your feedback

this^^^^

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm sure not too close to it :lol: but who knows, lets see what he says.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Dude I can't even imagine the cost of labor to install all those parts at once. Like I couldn't even afford that right now.