GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hi from Canada!

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys, new MkVI GTI owner here in Vancouver. I have a DBP (Deep Black Pearl) 4-door DSG model, with the Luxury package (Autobahn package for you Americans).

I was originally looking for a Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart due to the AWD and turbo Evo engine, but the salespeople drove me away from Mitsubishi by their irritating sales methods. Dropped by the VW dealership on the way home, about 45 minutes before closing, and ended up in a GTI. Sat inside, and I was an instant goner it was so beautiful compared to the Mitsubishi, haha. :thumbsup:

Signed the papers that night, picked up the car on Tuesday (one business day after) and then here I am!

I love the car, especially how nice it is to drive - gobs and gobs of torque, great for around-town use - and how nice it is to live with it. My only complaint is that the rear hatch gets so dirty so fast, due to aerodynamics (I'm guessing). I've got some winter tires coming, so I'm waiting for that "mod" right now.

Here's some pictures of my car, from various days.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dionditan/sets/72157622797657009/

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
congrats - and great pics! love the 1st two posted above esp...

ottawaP5

Ready to race!
Very nice, congrats! It looks really good in black.

I have to wait 3 months to get mine...the wait is killing me!

Did you get the tech package as well?

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Very nice, congrats! It looks really good in black.

I have to wait 3 months to get mine...the wait is killing me!

Did you get the tech package as well?

3 months?! :eek:

No, I skipped the Nav/Dynaudio because it was too much cost and wasn't really necessary, in my opinion. The stock Premium 8 sound is already quite good, and I like my Google Maps on my phone because it gets POIs upated more often, haha. I have a Garmin for those long road trips out of Canada into the US. :)

EDIT: Oh, also, it looks GREAT in black, but it gets dirty so fast. :( I wash it, and then it gets dirty right after.

Last edited:

Ratio

Wow nice! I haven't seen your car around though! Pretty lucky you got your car off the lot. I had to wait 3 months for mine as well. Clarkdale sales were such an ass to me, for no apparent reason (well maybe it's because I told them I probably know more about the car then the sales do), so I ended up buying from Cowell instead.

Btw, did you get any discounts for your GTI? Any gifts?

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Wow nice! I haven't seen your car around though! Pretty lucky you got your car off the lot. I had to wait 3 months for mine as well. Clarkdale sales were such an ass to me, for no apparent reason (well maybe it's because I told them I probably know more about the car then the sales do), so I ended up buying from Cowell instead.

Btw, did you get any discounts for your GTI? Any gifts?

I went through Car Cost Canada for the pricing, saved me $1500 or thereabouts. Was car shopping, visited the Mitsu dealer then Clarkdale. Clarkdale had one GTI sitting out front, and I took it for a test drive and was sold. Fast, fairly painless experience. :)

Got Monster Mats, but that's about it. Trunk liner is unavailable as of yet, but I'll probably end up getting that too. Was hoping for a Fast, too, but no luck. Oh well. :(

Apparently, I was the only person to have driven the GTI besides the PDI people, as it was sitting inside the showroom for 2 weeks before it was moved outside.

ottawaP5

Ready to race!
3 months?! :eek:

No, I skipped the Nav/Dynaudio because it was too much cost and wasn't really necessary, in my opinion. The stock Premium 8 sound is already quite good, and I like my Google Maps on my phone because it gets POIs upated more often, haha. I have a Garmin for those long road trips out of Canada into the US. :)

EDIT: Oh, also, it looks GREAT in black, but it gets dirty so fast. :( I wash it, and then it gets dirty right after.

Yeah factory order is a 3 month wait.....I'm sure the time will pass quickly :)

I decided to go with tech since I wanted a high end sound system...plus they outlawed portable GPS devices around here.

Just keep washing it once a week and it will look fine :)

koolgreen

Ready to race!
How does car cost work?
I was under the impression, they give you invoice prices for reference, but it is still up to you to negotiate...
Is that the case, or do they send you to a dealer with a pre negotiated price?

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
How does car cost work?
I was under the impression, they give you invoice prices for reference, but it is still up to you to negotiate...
Is that the case, or do they send you to a dealer with a pre negotiated price?

Yes, it is still up to you to negotiate. However, they have Car Cost Canada network dealers - dealers associated with CCC - which are more amenable to discounting and they will contact you directly.