GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge!

Old 12-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #15
elementfmfl
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: MK6 4D Carbon 6spd
Hey! Wanted to introduce myself, just picked up my 2010 GTI. Carbon 4dr 6spd. Only been able to put 50 miles on so far and am loving it! I haven owned a VW since my 98 GLX. Good to be back in the game!

Brian
elementfmfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:32 AM   #16
ntensemk6
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2010 vw golf
hi my name joe and im new to this thread

i just picked up a mk6 golf united gray. owned a jdm front integra with h22a and before that also owned a black mk4 jetta 2.0. ill post some pics of my mk6 soon
ntensemk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #17
taoman

Drives: 2010 mk6 candy wht 6spd xenons
Hi i picked up my white 2010 gti W/xenons,18'Troits,bluetooth,6spd manual nov 1st.2500mi later i have never had more fun with an inanimate object
taoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:10 AM   #18
Carbon Blur
Touring Car Champion

Drives: GTI
Man everyone needs to drive thre car... i have had my GTI a week tomorrow and i have 650 miles on it ... my first car was a vw fox and now i am back!!!!
Carbon Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #19
Spitzenmk6
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: MK6 GTI 6dr DBM 6spd man
Getting ready to P/U my GTI this week. 4dr/ 6sp manual/DBM/DET's/--can't wait to get back into the GTI fold. Last VW I had was a '00 GTI VR6--this new MKVI is eons better in handling than that car was. . .

Looking forward to learning a lot and being a part of this forum
Old 12-21-2009, 12:55 AM   #20
signal

Drives: BMW e92 335i, Infiniti FX35
Hello all,

I have always been a VW fan but for some reason I have never had the opportunity to pick-up one for my own. I am a die hard BMW fan, but feel like mixing things up a bit. I have owned three BMWs, an e46 325ci, an e46 M3, and I currently drive an e92 335i.

I also have a friend who own an R32 that I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to drive the other day. That noted, it gave me the itch and I am now looking for an MK6 GTI to call my own.

signal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:00 PM   #21
Maxim
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2010 2door GTI, Tornado Red, 6speed
Picked up my 2 door Tornado Red GTI 2 days ago. Couldn't be happier. Detroit rims, 6 speed, upgraded audio, xenon headlights, sunroof...everything I wanted in the color I wanted!

Seems to be underrated on the horsepower as well, certainly doesn't feel like 200 at the crank...more like to the wheels. Can't wait to fiddle with it and get another 50...always so easy with turbocharged engines. Acceleration wise it feels like its in the same class as my old '95 mustang cobra. Maybe a very high 14 second car if driven right?

And man does it handle. I had a blast the day that I bought it, found some curvy roads...and then today it snowed! I was a bit worried about it with those low profile detroits, but the all season tires are performing pretty darn well all things considered. Once I have the money I'll definitely upgrade to some steel wheels with snow tires, and slap some summer performance tires on the detroits.

Up till now I've been a rear-drive musclecar guy, mostly because that's what was affordable and available. I still prefer rear drive but this car handles like it's on rails compared to the mustangs and camaros I'm used to. I think it could probably hang with them no problem on real world roads.

The power delivery and sound is definitely not what I'm used to...feeling the turbo spool up and hearing the rasp of that 4 cylinder is different for sure, but the feel and noise are both really great...just not what I'm used to.

I'm extremely happy with the vehicle...it's the complete package. Handling and ride is world class, build quality is too. And I love the new sporty look. Very classy.
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #22
gtlloyd
Ready to race!

Drives: 2010 GTI
Hi. Picked up a 4dr 6sp Black GTI two weeks ago. It's pretty much loaded up with every option. I had an 84 GTI years and years ago and this one is just as much fun to drive as that one was. It just has a lot more niceties on it. My wife told me I'm the only person in America that would get a VW GTI for a mid-life crisis car. That's probably true. I bought it at a multi-car dealer so I was surrounded by camaro's and corvette's, none of which interested me at all. I've put 16" snow tires and wheels on it for the time being. I've had one issue. When I picked it up the sound was only coming from one speaker. They replaced the amplifier and everything has been fine since. That's about it. Looking forward to hitting some curvy mountain roads soon. Who knows, it might get me off my bike more often.
gtlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #23
evoljetta
Ready to race!

Howdy...picked up my 2010 2door, GCS GTI..18/xenon/dynaudio/cloth..love the car so far..have had the following cars :
1989 VW GLI
1991 Audi Coupe Quattro
1994 VW GTI
1998 VW Jetta GT
2000 VW Jetta GLX
Still have a 2000 Audi A4 APR STGIII for the track
evoljetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:36 PM   #24
v-dubGTI10
Ready to race!

Hey guys my name is Mina...i just got the new 2010 GTI. my first vw was a 2002 jetta 1.8T then i traded it in for an 07 wolfsburg jetta...kept the jetta for 3 years until yesterday traded in for the GTI..love the GTI..hoping these forums will help me tune out the GTI...v-dub for life =)
v-dubGTI10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #25
MonthOLDpickle
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 VW GTI
Hello!

I live in Washington. I had a very bad experience getting this car...they couldn't track it and I couldn't get it for two weeks, but now I got it!

Its a Black 4 Door GTI.

DSG
Leather
Sunroof
Dynaudio
18's
HIDS (Bi-Xenon)
Didn't know it came with the ipod connector thingy...can I put something else there?

Pictures to come when its daylight!
MonthOLDpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #26
CBRadio
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2010 4-door United Grey GTI
Hello from Tampa!

Got my 2010 GTI yesterday and loving every minute of it.

4-door
United Grey
DSG
18" Detroit Wheels w/ Summer Performance Tires
Sunroof

I originally wanted Carbon Steel, but none were equipped the way I wanted in the entire US. But now that I have the lighter color, I think it's just as sexy.

Pictures up probably tomorrow.
CBRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:32 AM   #27
MichaelLegaspi
Oval Champion

Drives: United Gray GTI
Hey all, I'm a lucky guy who had my parents buy me this car until I start working and help with gas, monthly payments and insurance.

The cars I've driven the most would have to be my pops 2002 BMW 330I and Honda 88 Accord LX. Both fantastic cars, but my dad wanted his bimmer back and the honda is just gettin a lil old but still kickin. The bimmer wasnt stick so things got boring quick, although the Honda was slow as hell but fun to drive, with at least 40mpg on a non fuel injected engine.

And thus embarked out month long car hunt pushing for the year end sale and 2009 sales tax stimulus, ultimately in the end the GTI was the best price for the amount of money you pay, not to mention great gas mileage.

Along with the fact I have a soft spot for German cars, though I do not acknowledge the achievements of domestic and Japanese cars. I've always wanted a GTI when I was younger, there was always something about it that had me curious.

To sum it all up, I LOVE MY GTI .

Oh yea, my GTI of course: Carbon Steel 4Dr, 6 Spd, 18 inch Detriot, and All weather mats.

Last edited by MichaelLegaspi; 12-30-2009 at 06:35 AM. Reason: forgot part
MichaelLegaspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #28
subdoc
Autocross Newbie

Drives: MKVI CSG 5 Dr GTI
Hello, I live in Annapolis and just picked up my 2010 Carbon Steel Gray 5 door GTI. It only had 15 miles on it! I took off work tuesday and just drove it around. It is awesome to drive. I find it hard not to plant the pedal down. It has Navigation, DSG, 18's, DynaAudio, sunroof, and interlagos cloth seats.
subdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh man meat 4 dubpl8