GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge!

Old 01-29-2010, 06:21 AM   #43
paulcito

Drives: Tornado Red GTI MK6 (soon)
Hi
New to this forum
Ordered my carbon steel GTI last Nov and was to have been delivered early March.
It was then delayed to late April.
Decided to ask the dealer to try and swap with another dealer. Turned out that they were able to get a red one for delivery in late Feb.

So I said "go for it" ...

Will post pictures when taken delivery
paulcito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #44
GeeTeeEye
Ready to race!

Drives: 2010 GTI 2D, White, 6spd
Thumbs up

Hey Folks,

I just bought a brand new 2010 GTI off the showroom floor - this thing has never even seen the outside! - 6spd, White, 2D, PERFECT.

My car ownership history is pretty colorful - 11 cars and i'm only 23 years old!

1986 Blazer
1979 Scirocco
1995 Thunderbird
1994 Contour
1991 Corolla Coupe
1995 Integra Coupe
2008 Civic Si
1996 Camaro
2005 BMW 325i
2007 GTI (2D DSG)

2010 GTI (2D Stick)

But the new GTI is the only car I've ever driven that I have been motivated to buy brand-new from a dealership. This is truly the car I will never get rid of!

GeeTeeEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #45
Requiem4aGreen
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: too fast..
What's going on mk6.com,

Traded in my Maxima this past Monday and since then my GTI has brought back memories that a car is suppose to be fun to drive, is suppose to light a fire inside of you, it reminded me some cars are just cars... and some cars have souls. To put it in perspective, I've gotten out of bed twice this week and have gone for 50-60 mile drives just for the sake of going for a drive. This is a brilliant car, all the way around.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:30 AM   #46
GeeTeeEye
Ready to race!

Drives: 2010 GTI 2D, White, 6spd
I wish I had the choice whether to get out of bed or not just to go drive!
GeeTeeEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:56 PM   #47
dglove07
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: MK6 GTI
new guy

Hi
names dennis people call me dglove im receiving my MK6 at the beginning of march. This will be my first VW let alone euro car. I have always owned Nissans and raced a 76 240 for years and now im ready to start with this beautiful new car. I am extremely loyal to heritage so my plans for this car will be sport coil overs to get a more aggressive stance and handling not sure what brand to even look at for euro cars so any help on any parts would be great. I know that APR is the way to go for tuning so i got that under control. also wheels. I have no idea where to start. I know i want a classic European racing style wheel... i will have the new warranty on this car but my tech at the dealer says its ok to put a new DP and exhaust so that will round out my list as of right now. I a super noob to VW so any help is welcomed. cant wait to have some good convos with you guys.

Dglove
dglove07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:06 PM   #48
khamtran
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Golf VI 103TDI Manual
Hi guys,

I'm from Australia and I recently picked up a Golf VI 103TDI (140 hp) with 6-speed manual and sports pack.

This is my first VW and I absolutely love it. It's such a joy to drive.

Kham

Old 02-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #49
subacpw
Oval Newbie

Drives: MKVI GTI DSG
Im just now getting around to introducing my self.

My names Philip Subacz, im a student at Auburn University. Im currently out of school on medical leave battling testicular cancer. I should be "cured" by the end of this month! I just picked up my MK6 GTI on sat Jan 30.

so far because of chemo I have not been able to get any pictures, or many miles on her. but so far im glad i made the change from my 2004 "stage 2" WRX to this much nicer german engineered machine.

coming soon - APR stg 1
subacpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #50
Carbon6
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: carbonw/manual
What's up? I just bought my first VW. I get it in a few days. I'm really looking forward to owning it seeing as it is my first manual. If there are any other owners that live in south Texas(RGV) hit me up.
Carbon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #51
DJohn
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: GOLF 6 GTI DSG
Hi All, my name is Darryl.
1st car was a VW Velociti 2005 1.6i (mk1) - the mk1 has been a big seller in SA until the end of last year- it has been discontinued.
2nd car was a Mazda RX8
3rd and current car is the mk6 gti which I picked up on Monday . I let my fiance drive it for the first time today - I am still a bit attached to the car, so that was one the most tense trips I had in the car thus far LOL
DJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #52
vdub10golf
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2015 GTI Autobahn
Heya. New to this site, I just got my first (own) VW almost 2 weeks ago, 2010 blk Golf 2dr. So far i've only had the windows tinted...once some more dough flows in I have a huge list of things to do

vdub10golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #53
lecherousjester
Ready to race!

Drives: 2010 GTI 2-dr Carbon Steel DSG
Figured I'd say hi on here. My name is Steve and I'm from Central NY and I just picked up my GTI yesterday from Dorschel VW in Rochester. I traded in a 2009 Volvo C30 T5 and couldn't be happier. The C30 was a bit like a 60 year old man wearing H&M clothes - looks nice but trying way too hard to be something it's not. It feels good to have a proper upscale sporty hatch now.

I've been a manual driver my entire life but I took the plunge and went for DSG this time and I'm loving it so far. My issue with manual has always been the clutch pedal and the different feel from car to car and even in different temperatures and humidity - the DSG cures all of that while keeping the idea of being in charge of what gear you're in.

I managed to snag a 2010 Carbon Steel 2-dr with DSG + bluetooth and lower my payments from the C30 despite still having quite a bit left to pay off on it.. sup 1.9% APR, holla!

Not really considering any mods at this point aside from maybe the APR chip - I sort of trust the engineers at VW to give us as good of a product as possible, but it could use a little bit more power.

I'd post pics but I'm sure you guys have seen an Mk6 GTI before, haha.
lecherousjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:09 PM   #54
2010GTI4me
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: MKV R32
Hey everyone! My name is Nick. I got my GTI on January 26th after test driving one a few days before. I've been browsing around on here since a few days before that. It's a Candy White 2dr w/ DSG, Interlagos, Bluetooth, & Monster mat kit. I love my car and it's still stock w/ 900 miles, but I do have some plans for it (in order):

APR Stage 1 ECU upgrade
Yellow foglights and high beams
Color-matched front lip spoiler and sidemarkers
Exhaust resonator replaced with straight pipe
APR Carbonio Intake Stages 1 & 2
HID retrofitted headlights (either TSX projectors or maybe S2K-R)
Golf R LED tinted taillights
APR RSC catback exhaust
.75"-1" drop
Upgraded swaybars
APR Intercooler
APR Stage 2 ECU upgrade

I figure by the time I get all that done I'll be nearing the end of my warranty, since I drive about 15-18k miles a year. I plan to fit a set of 18" wheels w/ summer tires in there somewhere and use my 17" Denvers (powdercoated gloss black) as a winter set. Wish me luck!

I also wanted to see if there were other MKVI owners in the Central Jersey area, so if you're out there and are interested in meeting up some time, hit me up some time... after we stop getting all this damn snow!
2010GTI4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:58 AM   #55
dino75
Ready to race!

Drives: GTI MK6
This is mine

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1036[/ATTACH]
BLACK, 4 DOORS, DSG, AUTOBAHN,XENON,18,NAV
dino75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #56
jmchase76
Ready to race!

Drives: 2010 Limited Edition MK6 1/6
Talking

Hi guys- my name is Matt, and I feel like the luckiest guy in the world- I managed to win the first Real Racing GTI car! Most recently drove a 2006 Saabaru 9-2x because I couldnt get a MK5 at the time with 4 doors for a reasonable price (and there was 5k on the hood of the Saab) and I do not regret the loss of AWD or horsepower at all..... even with the snows on. Also a previous MkIII GTI VR6 owner- Black- the electrical gremlins got that one pretty good though.

I'll post a couple pics when the weather in NE Ohio turns a little bit- this snow thing is a big damper on driving fun.

Mine is very similar to the car in the Game- 4d, Black metallic, everything but Nav, Carbon trim on the mirrors, B-pillar, Hatch, and interior- different badging, embroidered headrests on the front seats, and the plaque - 1/6.

Currently running Dunlop Wintersports on 5 spoke 16's- Cannot wait to put the 18" black motorsport wheels on with the Pzeros and have some fun in a couple weeks when the weather turns.....

I know of at least one other NE ohio member- any others out there? I'm in an Akron suburb.
jmchase76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh man meat 4 dubpl8