GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Shadrack

Hi to all,
I have just added myself to the membership. I am a great believer to the forums as there are always a huge bunch of people with the knowledge experience and enthusiasm offering the friendship to help/assist.
I have already made one post to say I am still awaiting any sort of positive news on delivery of a GTE I ordered July 21.
I have a California since 2016. I seem to remember that waiting list at the time was initially around 9 months but surprisingly it was delivered after only 4month. I keep hoping the same for the GTE but sadly I am on my third revised date (week 19)
I have already found some great reads from some of the people here and one day hopefully I will be in a position to be of some positive help to fellow members.

thank you to everyone ….🙂

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Hi to all,
I have just added myself to the membership. I am a great believer to the forums as there are always a huge bunch of people with the knowledge experience and enthusiasm offering the friendship to help/assist.
I have already made one post to say I am still awaiting any sort of positive news on delivery of a GTE I ordered July 21.
I have a California since 2016. I seem to remember that waiting list at the time was initially around 9 months but surprisingly it was delivered after only 4month. I keep hoping the same for the GTE but sadly I am on my third revised date (week 19)
I have already found some great reads from some of the people here and one day hopefully I will be in a position to be of some positive help to fellow members.

thank you to everyone ….🙂
Welcome to the forum. 👍

parks19

Howdy y’all, I am looking closely at a ‘15 GTI and was just not wanting to jump into something with too many miles. I don’t drive the snot out of cars, just going to be a fun daily driver. Been a long-time fan of VW and had a ‘10 Jetta Wolfsburg a few years ago that was a 6-speed until it threw the timing chain.
I like that the GTI’s engine is bigger with the turbo, this vehicle itself has 130k miles. Y’all think it’ll tick ‘til 175-200k?

My wife is not super stoked on VW after that Jetta we had, it had quite a few issues before it went kaput, so I just want some solid feedback to help convince her to at least go for a test drive 👍

Thanks y’all 🤘

Last edited:

bdofq

Hi All!

Los Angeles area (San Gabriel Valley). Always loved hatchbacks and has been a dream/goal to get an R . Came from a MKV Rabbit with 182k miles. Sold it for the 22 R 6MT when it released in Feb. What an ordeal that was lol.

T_Rex

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello All!

Recently moved to Ohio from upstate NY, and am the proud owner of a new-to-me black 2009 GTI 6 sp manual. It's a second vehicle, and hope to use it as a daily driver (which is why I joined the forum, lol).

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Hello All!

Recently moved to Ohio from upstate NY, and am the proud owner of a new-to-me black 2009 GTI 6 sp manual. It's a second vehicle, and hope to use it as a daily driver (which is why I joined the forum, lol).
This is the Mk7 forum, and you have a MK5. You my find more help over there. Anyway, welcome.

FSI or TSI?

I have some leftover MKV service parts from my old 2009 TSI GTI. You are welcome to have them for the cost of shipping. I have two air filters, one cabin filter, and two screw-on oil filter cartridges. PM me and I can arrange the shipment.

T_Rex

Passed Driver's Ed
This is the Mk7 forum, and you have a MK5. You my find more help over there. Anyway, welcome.

FSI or TSI?

I have some leftover MKV service parts from my old 2009 TSI GTI. You are welcome to have them for the cost of shipping. I have two air filters, one cabin filter, and two screw-on oil filter cartridges. PM me and I can arrange the shipment.
Oh, thanks!

I believe it's a FSI. May need to double check. It had a full service before I bought it - cabin, oil, air filters were all changed along with the cam follower. I think I'm good for now, but appreciate the offer!

T_Rex

Passed Driver's Ed
It's a TSI, since it's a 2009, and welcome!

The OT (at the bottom) is for all of the forums, combined, btw.

Some early 2009's were FSI. He also said that he had the cam follower changed, which was an FSI, not TSI, issue.

Sorry, had to go back out and lift the hood and it's actually a TSI, not a FSI. Also, I looked at the original advertisement (which I saved) and it states that the cam follower is not an issue rather than it having been changed. I did a little bit of searching and I think it was referring to the fact that the earlier models had cam follower issues and the 2009 did not.

Thanks, either way!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Some early 2009's were FSI. He also said that he had the cam follower changed, which was an FSI, not TSI, issue.
NOPE

2008's were the mixed bag. Early 2008's were the FSI & then the "2008.5's" were the TSI
And then all of the 2009's had the TSI (I had one), and then the MK6 (2010-2014) had that same engine too

EVO II

Hi all, I'm new here and I have a European spec 2021 golf mk8 lime yellow 1.5 etsi style. I own it for 3 months now and happy with it.
_MGL2837-bewerkt.jpg
IMG_0303.jpg