GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear wiper delete plug?

Hugo GTi Boss

Passed Driver's Ed
Where can I find the Plug to install in the little hole after I remove the rear wiper? Btw I don't know if the size of the hole changes but I have a MK6 Gti. Thanks!!

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Why would anyone want to remove the rear wiper? Seriously?

+1

I think it the stupid mod ever.

OP it's your car do what ever you want

RickA1

Ready to race!
Oh, good to know I'm not the only one that thinks this is not such a desirable "mod"....

I guess to each its own..... I just lol with some of these so called mods. Like disabling DRL's that you don't even see...since anytime you look at the outside of the car they would be off, and well, if anything they will help rather than hurt. I would understand if this made the car look way cooler (like led tails). but it really doesn't. And justifying it by saying it's to preseve bulb life? He he he.

I guess I'll be frowned upon. Just my opinion.

KevinBlank

Passed Driver's Ed
http://www.gecleant.de/shop/

^this^ A flush glass insert is the only thing i would ever consider when deleting the rear wiper. Everything else looks like a delete "plug". I want it to look OEM or disappear.

I have taken the rear wiper off all of the GTIs ive had. Looks super clean, especially with a shaved emblems. Dont use my rear wiper at all, PLUS it saves WEIGHT!!! haha

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
The only way I would ever delete the rear wiper...is if the MKVI GTIs had a separate hatch and rear glass, like that of '92-95 Civic hatchbacks. The way it appears from the outside, it looks like this was possible but VW didn't go that route. :(

midnight11

Ready to race!
1" plastic plug from Lowes in the drawers with a little silcone spent maybe $5 tops and it looks good.

Halvie

WOOSA
Didn't want to start a new thread, and this seemed to be the most recent wiper delete thread.

Did the Euro Image Tuning plug yesterday. Looks really nice. Install wasn't too bad. Getting the wiper off took a bit of time, but I wasn't rushing it. Also, be careful putting the hatch trim back on. There are little plastic prongs on each side of the top of the trim. Bent one side and had to buy a new panel to get it back on. Not horrible upset about it because it was a bit scuffed up from a set of wheels. When putting it back on work from the bottom up imo.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Heres an alternative...lol

Perfect fit!