GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RVU 24W4 - ECU update

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
12/20/11 an RVU was released to update software in the ECU for rough running behavior and cold start issues at certain conditions (under high electric power consumption).

This is not safety related so it's not a recall, you will not get letter in the mail. When the dealership runs your vin # it will pop up saying it's open for your vehicle.

In terms of MK6's this applies to a vin range for both 2010's and 2011's with the CBTA and CBUA 2.5 liter.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
As I am sure the question is bound to come up.

Will this erase my tune?

Yep, because scores of 2.5 owners are tuned :p

Thanks for posting the update.

ChiGuyGolf2.5

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info! Shall we just call our local dealership to run our VIN to see if we are affected? In my case, you. :laugh:

tardman91

Ready to race!
I'm at the dealer right now for my initial service appointment and they just told me that they were going to update my ecu.

I called the dealer today and the update is available for my 2011 too in canada. I have an appointment for next week.

thanks for the heads up DBESTGTI! happy new year ;)

Just posted my experience with this update in another thread
http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30654

The purpose was to solve DSG jerkiness, not rough running as stated up top...

Beware!

First of all rabbit don't have DSG transmission. just the regular 6 speed slushbox which is not that bad for dd.

I did have the reflash last week. I have a manual transmission and the car feels the same as before. Car is running very good.

I find it weird since a reflash of the engine ecu has nothing to do with the transmission. I could be wrong , but the auto transmission has a seperate module.

If you have a problem bring it to the dealer so they can check it and ask them if the reflash modifies something to the auto transmission.

ericthered

First of all rabbit don't have DSG transmission. just the regular 6 speed slushbox which is not that bad for dd.

I have an dual clutch automatic transmission without a torque converter... is that a DSG?

I did have the reflash last week. I have a manual transmission and the car feels the same as before. Car is running very good.

I find it weird since a reflash of the engine ecu has nothing to do with the transmission. I could be wrong , but the auto transmission has a seperate module.

Yes, they reflashed both modules in my car... possibly 24W4 has one option for manual transmissions, and a second option including a transmission update.

If you have a problem bring it to the dealer so they can check it and ask them if the reflash modifies something to the auto transmission.

I will go back to the dealer that did the work under warranty. I know they did one additional mechanical adjustment, but as far as I understand, the shift speed is programmable, not controlled mechanically. They can hopefully tell me more about the transmission software update.

ericthered

Looks like I am in the wrong forum... noob mistake - My 2009 rabbit is a MKV

Other car forums I am in organize by marque, and not by generation across a car maker's entire stable.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
ryan if you still have my VIN, run it and let me know... my guess is if it wipes out my tune they will put it back on there for me?