GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

my apr k04 dyno

ekpyr1

Passed Driver's Ed
I had my APR K04 kit installed this Monday by Eurocode Tuning. Here's my dyno run from today at MD Automotive, 2 in the stock program setting and 2 in the 91 program.

Enhancements
  • apr k04
  • bb high-flow dp
  • afe stage 2 intake

Conditions (all runs): 63.61 degrees F, 28.98 in-Hg, 57% Humidity

UNCORRECTED

SAE CORRECTED

Last edited:

ekpyr1

Passed Driver's Ed
and the video...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
cool - 93 octane should break 300whp, no? and I think dynojets read on the lower side (not as bad as mustang dynos tho) right?

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
cool - 93 octane should break 300whp, no? and I think dynojets read on the lower side (not as bad as mustang dynos tho) right?

Dynojets dont read low... Mustang do.

Edmunds uses MD Automotive for most of they dyno tests... Including when they compared the 2010 GTI to the MS3... Here is the dyno of a completely stock GTI they tested.

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
290whp? that doesnt seem right... most people are posting 320ish.

300whp/305wtq here on 93 octane. Most TSI k04 dynos I see are right around 300/300. And my car is pretty quick(check my 1/4 time). Good numbers for 91 octane man:thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Dynojets dont read low... Mustang do.

Edmunds uses MD Automotive for most of they dyno tests... Including when they compared the 2010 GTI to the MS3... Here is the dyno of a completely stock GTI they tested.

so he only gained 86whp with a $2500 turbo kit? hmmm..... maybe I'll be rethinking that plan down the line.

allset

Go Kart Champion
anyone use the K04 nontest pipe file for passing emisssions? I gotta do it in april right after i go K04. Should i get inspected for emissions at stage 2 b4 i go K04, or does it not matter?

ekpyr1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm very happy with the gains and how my car handles. I need stickier tires to hold her down. I went straight to k04 from stock. This is my daily driver.

I'm going to add a TOP and charge pipe from SFvalleyGTI's GB and a Eurojet FMIC next week and dyno again. That should wrap my mods for the next six months.

UFfitz56

Ready to race!
Looks great to me! 93oct would definitely put you over 300.

UFfitz56

Ready to race!
so he only gained 86whp with a $2500 turbo kit? hmmm..... maybe I'll be rethinking that plan down the line.

Really? Cost me way more than that for similar gains after I was stage 2 on the STI. Plus at least you keep the power band.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

It's worse than that......APR states 250whp from a stage 1, so that would be a gain of about 30whp to go from stage 1 to K04.

Yeah, something seems odd there.

The stock runs, with a DP, full intake, AND the K04 shows only 211 whp?

http://www.goapr.com/products/turbo_trans_20_tsi_k04.html

APR shows an expected 366hp/380ft/lbs, and those runs are WAY below that. True, that's on 93, with an intercooler.....but 2 extra octane does NOT equal 70 horsepower. And if an intercooler boosts that much power I'll get that before the turbo. LOL

Maybe I am missing something, I think I better start pricing dyno runs near me and see what my Stage 1 is actually putting out.

yankle

Ready to race!
Thanks for posting this! Living in CO I always wondered how much different a 91 oct map was. I'm sure the car feels awesome, especially coming from stock but I'm at 5300 ft elevation so if I did a K04 (which I am strongly considering come spring) I'd probably be more in the 270-280whp range. Makes me think I'd be left wanting more. Stage 3 seems more and more appealing considering internals wouldn't have to be ugpraded - so long as you use the 91 or 93 maps.