GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Golf MKVI photos, spyshots, videos, media

Old 01-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
1FlyGTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 MK6 GTI
Bored today so i did some painting...

So today i decided i dont want to get my hood notched filled because its too much money and the grill i had didnt look good with the honeycomb. A friend of mine had a stock gti grill in his basment and sold it to me for $50. The Vw emblem and gti emblem were painted black and i didnt like it so i took into my own hand to get some dupli color chrome, clear coat and some sand paper. Here is how it turned out, kind of looks like its color matched rather than chrome.

Enjoy!

3SDMs ARE FOR SALE!
1FlyGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
swfloridamk6
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2010 CW MK6 Manual
Pics are kiinda hard to see the whole car....
swfloridamk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
1FlyGTI
FIA GT Champion

ill get better ones soon. sorry i had to post something because i was anxious and i get my widsom teeth out tomorrow

3SDMs ARE FOR SALE!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:53 AM   #4
leiito
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 Golf GTI 2-door 6mt
Oooo that sucks... Enjoy those few painless moments after you come out of the conscious sedation... I remember it was quite fun
leiito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:47 AM   #5
Billangz
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 SB GTI
It wasn't bad just don't get dry socket!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
1FlyGTI
FIA GT Champion

thanks guys i am doing OK with paint in my lower back, well looks like ill be surfing the fourms for a while

3SDMs ARE FOR SALE!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
SMX_Dizzy

Drives: 2010 GTI 4-door CSG
I don't think you centered the emblem well enough when you reattached it to the grill.
SMX_Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
trigger_storey
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 VW GTI 2DR CW 6MT
Here is my version. I think they turned out great. I used a few coats or ceramic coated black paint for plastics and its thick so it dries quick and smooth. Then I cleared them. Wet sanded them and polished them. Turned out good. Also painted rear screen behind emblem to match the red stripes. I don't have a picture of the rear badge but I will soon. It has the plaid vinyl from Klii Motorwerkes. I will get some day time pictures up soon when I get a chance. For now here they are.

2012 CW | 6 spd | Magnaflow Catback | FK Streetline | Custom Front Endlinks | Modified Shifter | Klii Interlagos Mirror Wrap, Steering Wheel Badge Inlay, Rear Badge Inlay, License Plate Frame | Smoothed & Painted Intake Manifold | Anodized Valve Cover | TDI Shift Knob & Boot | "LM" Reps 18x8
trigger_storey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #9
YouLikeThis
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: Gti Mk6
^^^ why
YouLikeThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #10
09vdubgti
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: static
not a fan of either
09vdubgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #11
trigger_storey

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouLikeThis View Post
^^^ why

Why not? Be original. I quit worrying about all the posers on here a long time ago when I first got my car and on other forums I have been a member on. I modify my car to look and handle the way I want it to. Originality for some reason is looked down upon unless its part of a trend. If I had the money to do a notch fill and get the badgeless grille then I would. Its a future project I would like to complete. Just gotta save some funds.
2012 CW | 6 spd | Magnaflow Catback | FK Streetline | Custom Front Endlinks | Modified Shifter | Klii Interlagos Mirror Wrap, Steering Wheel Badge Inlay, Rear Badge Inlay, License Plate Frame | Smoothed & Painted Intake Manifold | Anodized Valve Cover | TDI Shift Knob & Boot | "LM" Reps 18x8
Old 04-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #12
YouLikeThis
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: Gti Mk6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger_storey View Post
Why not? Be original. I quit worrying about all the posers on here a long time ago when I first got my car and on other forums I have been a member on. I modify my car to look and handle the way I want it to. Originality for some reason is looked down upon unless its part of a trend. If I had the money to do a notch fill and get the badgeless grille then I would. Its a future project I would like to complete. Just gotta save some funds.
Agree with the whole "original thing".. dont get confused, people dont look down upon originality... people look down upon the whole excuse of being original when people dont get that positive attitude toward their mod.... so in essence back to what i said before I really dont know why
YouLikeThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:01 AM   #13
trigger_storey

Ok I will go that route and just agree. My answer is still why not. LOL screw it really. I saw someone else do it on thier CW with CW background and I figured why not do it red to match the stripes. Now in the day you really cant see this the way you can in the pics. They were taken in my garage at night time so it is much more pronounced. I will get a pic of it during the day so you will see. Its just subtle then. I'm up for doing anything when I'm bored. If I dont like it I can always sand it down and repaint it black, white, anything really or wrap it in vinyl etc. Who knows what might happen next week when I don't have anything to do.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
obleedo
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2003 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2011 VW MKVI
1flygti... What grill were you gonna go with when you wanted to go notchless?
obleedo is offline   Reply With Quote