GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Matched Front Emblem Mesh

vdubstep59

Ready to race!
I had to remove my headlights and bumper for my Eyelid project, so I figured I'd try this. Follow any of the other "how to remove front emblem" DIYs because that's what I did.

Once the mesh screen was removed I used a toothbrush with degrease soap to clean/prep. I put 2 coats red on each side, 2 coats clear...In dim light its hard to notice but in sunlight, it really pops out and adds some consistency to the GTI grill.

Attachments

• IMG_1138.jpg
    IMG_1138.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_1140.jpg
    IMG_1140.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 621

illDub6

Ready to race!
doo your front valence

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
I actually love it bro. Nice work. Details go a long way if you take that approach throughout the car. :thumbsup:

If I was red or another stand-out color I'd totally do this!

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
Looks really good. I'm not sure how good it would look with CW unless I blacked out the front emblem. Maybe a project to tackle and check out. I'm always down for something new. Looks great with the red though!

Dun Dun

Ready to race!
love this, very subtle...stealing your idea hope you don't mind. definitely won't take the credit though :thumbsup:

vdubstep59

Ready to race!
thanks!

love this, very subtle...stealing your idea hope you don't mind. definitely won't take the credit though :thumbsup:

do it! it looks great and easy to do. if you break any clips, just use some super glue and let it sit before putting it back on. i wanna see what it would look like with a black emblem too