GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official BBK and wheel Fitment Guide

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
U20T has a question about fitment. he just pm's me but im not sure what the answer is so im posting this question here...i think he has plans for cayenne 17z's.

quote...U-20T....
"is there any chance you know what size spacers are need for factory wheels? I want to order 12.5mm from what I measured but I am afraid I still won't clear and would rather not guess."

:readthethread:

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
Local guy has a set of Porsche 911 Turbo brakes from a 996 generation. They're 4 piston calipers. Fronts only.

My question is that will they fit? If so what will I need to do to get these to fit? Currently I have a set of Porsche BBS Sport Design wheels on the car at the moment. Wheel specs for the fronts are 18*7.5 ET50. Currently I'm running a 20mm 5x130 to 5x112 adapter...

pennyjai1

Hi all, I have a question.

Would a Brembo 6pot 355mm fit a 18x8 O.Z wheels with offset 48?
What kind of spacers would be needed? Thxx all

DarkCloak

Banned
Hi all, I have a question.

Would a Brembo 6pot 355mm fit a 18x8 O.Z wheels with offset 48?
What kind of spacers would be needed? Thxx all

Do you already own the wheels? If so I would go to the Brembo website print out the Brake template and with the wheel off place it inside the wheel and see if contact occurs. That is the most reliable way.

What OZ wheel? The are all shaped differently and some may work and some may not.

pennyjai1

Do you already own the wheels? If so I would go to the Brembo website print out the Brake template and with the wheel off place it inside the wheel and see if contact occurs. That is the most reliable way.

What OZ wheel? The are all shaped differently and some may work and some may not.

I do not own the wheels yet, I am looking at the new Formula wheels 18x8.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Brakes: Brembo GT 355mm 4 piston BBK
Wheel: Volk G25
Size: 18x8
Offset: +35 Face-1
Weight: 17 lbs Forged
Spacers: None used
Clearance: 20mm

Last edited:

DarkCloak

Banned
I do not own the wheels yet, I am looking at the new Formula wheels 18x8.

Who are you buying the wheels from. You could e-mail them the template and have them verify they will fit over the brakes. I did this with Work Wheels. I emailed them the template of the 330mm Brembo kit and the wensured the wheel would fit over it. I know the Work was a custom piece but the OZ retailer should at least be able to help you avoid the hassle of realizing they do not match up.

brett_duenas

Ready to race!
I just emailed Stoptech directly a few minutes ago but figured I'd post here too.
Does anyone know what (if any) the physical dimension differences are between ST40's and STR 40 (Trophy)? Im hoping the Trophy's will fit under my VMR v705 18x8 et45. Username 'dummy' has ST40's and v705 in 19x8.5 and his calipers were ridiculously close to the inner spoke if the wheel (he ended up filing a very small amount of material off the caliper so he could run them w/out spacers). Pics for hits:

GP813

Ready to race!
stoptech should have a cutout that you can use to check the clearance with the caliper. i bet thats what they will probably send you. Should be available on the site though.

brett_duenas

Ready to race!
stoptech should have a cutout that you can use to check the clearance with the caliper. i bet thats what they will probably send you. Should be available on the site though.

They only provide the one for the ST40 and not the STR 40.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Calipers:Cayenne 18z
Wheels:OZ Ultralegerra
Spacers:None
Size: 18x8
Offset: 45mm
Backspacing: 6.26"
Bolt Pattern: 5-112
Rec. Tire Size: 225/40-18
Weight: 19.0lbs.
Construction: 1 Pc. Low Pressure Cast w/Shot Peened
Finish Warranty: 2 Years
Manufactured in Italy

brett_duenas

Ready to race!
Posting this for the good of the forum. A reply from Erik @ Stoptech regarding clearance differences between ST40 and STR40...

The overall dimensions between our Trophy and painted calipers have no significant difference and will use the same templates. If the templates indicate a very tight amount of space between the caliper and wheel spokes, it should be expected that wheel spacers will be required to make adequate room.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Erik
Guess Im going to need spacers!