GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Footwell lighting issues

pjung23551

Ready to race!
Hey all,
I have a 12 autobahn Gti whose footwell lights keep flickering at night. They will illuminate to full brightness, then dim to the requested setting randomly throughout the night. I also noticed the led drls that come on the 12's are different colors now at 7500miles.they used to be the exact color temp when the car was new,but the drivers side is now more of a dim off white hue while the passenger side remains bright and maintains that super bright led temperature color.

Anyone else having lighting woes

vdubbers1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi pjung. I have had a similar issue with footwell lighting on my '12 autobahn. It has not happened for a while but the only times it did happen, it was raining outside. I will address it at my 10K service. Was the dealer able to find the issue with yours? Also, as far as the LEDs go, I have not noticed any color change on them after 9k but I have not really looked at them closely. I will have to take a look when I get home this evening.

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
I have been experiencing this problem lately. Only on the driver's side footwell light, but it will flicker and basically it's anyones guess whether it will come on or off on that particular drive. This is after I've replaced them with red LEDs.

ATC2

Ready to race!
Hey all,
I have a 12 autobahn Gti whose footwell lights keep flickering at night. They will illuminate to full brightness, then dim to the requested setting randomly throughout the night. I also noticed the led drls that come on the 12's are different colors now at 7500miles.they used to be the exact color temp when the car was new,but the drivers side is now more of a dim off white hue while the passenger side remains bright and maintains that super bright led temperature color.

Anyone else having lighting woes

So being a 12 you can take it in under warranty right?

illDub6

Ready to race!
its only under warranty if they can fix it , it for you have to, they say u have to pay for the bulb and if its the circuit that as well

fr4c

Ready to race!
Mine did it once, so I just turned the sucker off. Got bored staring at my shoes at night.