GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

master water/meth discussion thread

jeppe777

Ready to race!
What's your start and full settings and pump pressure? I would switch to the 225. For what it is worth, I was not successful running 100 octane map on pump with k03. The damn thing spooled too quickly to get the right spray setting without having dangerous CFs using a MAP based controller. This was with a single 225 mounted after the map sensor and pre-throttle body. A single 375 would have been too much. I never did try a dual nozzle on k03. Dialing it in on a GT2860RS was a piece of cake being MAP based.

Thanks for the reply.

When you were stage 2. did you notice 0 timing after 5000rpm?

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
I've got RAIs mount bracket inbound so I'll post a review on it after install. But I plan on going the opposite of the recommended for dual nozzle setups. I'm going to put a 60cc "smallest" in the farthest bung from the TB "BSHs pipe". And since I'm K04 I think I'll need to pickup a 375cc as well to install in USRTs spacer. I have 60, 100, and 175 currently. My thoughts are that I'll get "some" cooling gains from the 60 but I also won't "hopefully" be running the risk of killing my TB. And I'll need help figuring out logging Steel and advice. I'm going to take it slow and I want to wire up a killswitch as well.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
I've got RAIs mount bracket inbound so I'll post a review on it after install. But I plan on going the opposite of the recommended for dual nozzle setups. I'm going to put a 60cc "smallest" in the farthest bung from the TB "BSHs pipe". And since I'm K04 I think I'll need to pickup a 375cc as well to install in USRTs spacer. I have 60, 100, and 175 currently. My thoughts are that I'll get "some" cooling gains from the 60 but I also won't "hopefully" be running the risk of killing my TB. And I'll need help figuring out logging Steel and advice. I'm going to take it slow and I want to wire up a killswitch as well.
I was going to try the 60ml post FMIC too. How ironic. I'd be happy to help with the logging.

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
Thank you, and you think the 375 is the right size for 100 Oct K04? I wish they made a 300ish one. 225 to 375 is a BIG gap.

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
Yep, 375 for a single. Can't agree more. Maybe a 225 and 100 dual would work too. I'd imagine you'd have to play with the pump pressure to get the flow right.

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
Ok but isn't the octane boosting of the whichever one is in the pipe drastically reduced? Its all evaporated so its lowering temps, but is it still a factor in octane boosting?

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
I think I'm going to pick up a 225 and a 375 and play around a bit then. We need a dedicated GTI W/M resource page to showcase what works at any given power level. How to guides and whatnot.

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
Same concept would apply as 93 to 100 so no reason you couldn't. Question though...why? W/M isn't exactly cheap and with parts, and whatnot you would never make back the money even if the W/M was free. Now if you live in an area that 93 is hard to come by and don't want to run the 91 tune I get that. Since I'm in that boat, and have to drive across town for 93.

AYoo

Ready to race!
Now if you live in an area that 93 is hard to come by and don't want to run the 91 tune I get that. Since I'm in that boat, and have to drive across town for 93.

Exactly! I live in los angeles california where the best i can get is 91 from pump stations near me :thumbdown:

so i was thinking i wanted it to run W/M for 93 tune anyways ... and maybe i can save a few cents with these damn high gas prices. Or even better.... is it possible to run 100 file with 91 and W/M???

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
Should be since they "claim" that they can get pump gas upto around 115 octane on the box. I imagine thats with 93 in the tank so 91 only goes to 110 waah :).

JohnnyDrama

So I shouldn't run the spacer with the DO kit?

No, that's not what I was saying at all. In fact, I highly recommend running this setup with your DO kit. Just mentioning what other users reported. All of them ended up modifying the plate with a bit of a taper on the backside of the threaded nozzle bung to completely rule out any shrouding.