GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vacar R LED tail lights OEM Reps-Installed.

BOOOOM:happyanim:! I got my set today. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My thoughts;

Purchased from Ed on the forums.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30006

He was very responsive and was on time to meet me. We inspected the packaging and everything was very well in place. The lights look pretty much oem from the outside and the color is tinted red. These are the 2012 models. Trying to put them on takes some tweaking and moving around to fit in, not perfect but its fine. You have to realize these are reps.

The fitment is okay, tiny gap around the side that faces inside the car but nothing looks weird. I might do some water check to see if anything goes in unwanted places or not, then i will decide if i will try to put something to cover the little gap. The right side was quite tough to screw in because of the awkard position vw made the body work and the gas tank so damn close so you have very little room to move your hand .... -_-

It looks good quality, easy plug and play, comes with all the things you need(adapter cables) and, you get a light bulb warning.. so you need vag com, which i will get done next week. Overall, the leds look very sharp and it looks freakin awesome:clap:

I recommend these if you don't want the oem's and get owned 700$. I hope these last, i'm just not 100% sure if water will go in or not.

UPDATE: No water issues. Washed with a high pressure washer, and nothing. The seal is very good.

Good luck to the rest of the guys trying to get these. ;)

Here are some pictures to give you an idea.

Don't mind the dirtyness... it's dust.. and my camera picks everything up... :thumbdown:

UPDATE: FEB 08 After a Heavy rain, still going hard.

-Cheers.:)

Last edited:

Nimche

Go Kart Champion
Looks nice. Thanks for the write up.:thumbup: this is exciting as I can't wait to get mine.:happyanim:

PS. you got your set very fast and left us all in dust.

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
They look good. I'm waiting for mine as we speak, cant wait!

As far as the gap, would it be possible to remove both sides, put a bead of clear silicone along that side of the taillight from top to bottom and overlapping onto adjacent sides so as to block any and all potential water from seeping in? Just a thought.

Nimche

Go Kart Champion
so as far as the gap, you think OEM doesn't leave that gap there?

Maybe I am asking for too much but some photos would be nice ( of the gap :D )

They look good. I'm waiting for mine as we speak, cant wait!

As far as the gap, would it be possible to remove both sides, put a bead of clear silicone along that side of the taillight from top to bottom and overlapping onto adjacent sides so as to block any and all potential water from seeping in? Just a thought.

Well, the water won't get in the tail light it self im pretty sure..ermm hoping :eek:, because there are no gaps in the seal, but there are gaps around the body work of the car when you put them on, since they are molds of reps, but they are from china so expect some minor fitment issues. I heard some guys trimmed it with wire cutters(i'm not sure what they would cut since, it just seems like its the general shape that is a little off), i havent done that yet since i just wanted to put them on and see, but ill look into it tomrw and decide if i can make any adjustments. As it sits right now, i don't really see a problem but, just one side seems like water could get in behind the tail light and sit there. everything is good on the leds.

I heard some oem ones do, but im sure its better than the reps.

well, its the inside part of the light that has the plastic that seems like its not long enough, which leaves a gap.. ill get a photo just for you.. its like 1 am but why not :)

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Looks Great. Could you post a pic in Reverse?

Thanks AXO

I highlighted the spot.. my trunk is open right now so.. it would be closed normally and you can't see it. There is a normal gap if you look at your tails, but this seemed a bigger than the oem. I might black silicone if it bothers me so much but, we will see.

EDIT: These gaps are normal as they are there for the water drain line.

Last edited: