GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 02-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
vwr2010
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: VW Golf R
APR stage 2+ Golf R - Feedback

Just thought id give my feedback on the stage2+ APR which was done on my 2012 Golf R yesterday..

Work had been completed by Dean at Volkspower in Burwood (Melbourne AUS) and i didnt know what to expect as so many people say different things about each mod and tuner..

Mods were:

APR intake
APR TBE
APR HPFP
APR Intercooler
APR stage 2+ Tune

First impressions after turning the car on Thumbs up ! the exhaust wasnt too loud when cruising and had a great roar to it at higher RPMS.

After getting a feel for the car i decided to try out launch control ... i was with a mate when trying this and we both said the same thing.. HOLLY F$%K!! ... the throttle responce is amazing and low end power is almost instant!

Not to bring any other tuners down as im sure they also do a great job but my experience with APR is excellent ! and i would highly reccommend APR to anyone.

Thanks to Dean at APR Volkspower and the boys that did the work.

Cheers.

Alex.
vwr2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
Elmexicano
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: RB Golf .:R
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwr2010 View Post
Just thought id give my feedback on the stage2+ APR which was done on my 2012 Golf R yesterday..

Work had been completed by Dean at Volkspower in Burwood (Melbourne AUS) and i didnt know what to expect as so many people say different things about each mod and tuner..

Mods were:

APR intake
APR TBE
APR HPFP
APR Intercooler
APR stage 2+ Tune

First impressions after turning the car on Thumbs up ! the exhaust wasnt too loud when cruising and had a great roar to it at higher RPMS.

After getting a feel for the car i decided to try out launch control ... i was with a mate when trying this and we both said the same thing.. HOLLY F$%K!! ... the throttle responce is amazing and low end power is almost instant!

Not to bring any other tuners down as im sure they also do a great job but my experience with APR is excellent ! and i would highly reccommend APR to anyone.

Thanks to Dean at APR Volkspower and the boys that did the work.

Cheers.

Alex.
How many HP are you supposed to have with stage 2+???
Elmexicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
MKCSG
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 CSG DSG Sun-Nav
wow that is awesome to here, any videos?

I went down to my local vw dealer yesterday and today in search for one.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
vwr2010
Drag Race Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmexicano View Post
How many HP are you supposed to have with stage 2+???
Honestly i didnt pay attention to the numbers too much, in my opinion i dont think paying attention to the numbers helps you make a decision at which tune to go for unless you want to take it to a drag strip or something, you have to experience the drive... i had no idea what to expect due to so many stats/figures/comments on different tunes and when i actually drove the car with stage 2+ i was blown away ..

on a side note: the POP when changing gears with stage 2+... is amazing, such a tough sound
Old 02-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
Elmexicano
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Honestly i didnt pay attention to the numbers too much, in my opinion i dont think paying attention to the numbers helps you make a decision at which tune to go for unless you want to take it to a drag strip or something, you have to experience the drive... i had no idea what to expect due to so many stats/figures/comments on different tunes and when i actually drove the car with stage 2+ i was blown away ..

on a side note: the POP when changing gears with stage 2+... is amazing, such a tough sound
I agree completely with you, the numbers don't really matter to me either. I just wanted to get an idea of how fast it was, compared to another vehicle with the same amount of HP if you know what I mean.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
Trogdor
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Sucks you had to buy a HPFP, but I'm subbed for vids .
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
vwr2010
Drag Race Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Sucks you had to buy a HPFP, but I'm subbed for vids .
Ill take some vids this weekend and post..

Old 02-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
vwr2010
Drag Race Newbie

Quote:
I agree completely with you, the numbers don't really matter to me either. I just wanted to get an idea of how fast it was, compared to another vehicle with the same amount of HP if you know what I mean.
Yeah i know what you mean, well im not too sure exactly but id say something like 350hp or so with the stage 2+, i think ARIN can confirm this im not 100% but as i said dont focus too much on the numbers, the acceleration is absolutely RAPID and almost instant, the 4wd is a huge advantage on take off..

im not sure whare you are located but the apr guys here will generally take you for a spin in a stage 2 if they have on avl to show you what to expect (i didnt go for that option as i wanted the surprise) ... or get the stage 1 trial and then imagine that x2 lol

either way, very impressed and will post vids/pics soon.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #9
Elmexicano
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Yeah i know what you mean, well im not too sure exactly but id say something like 350hp or so with the stage 2+, i think ARIN can confirm this im not 100% but as i said dont focus too much on the numbers, the acceleration is absolutely RAPID and almost instant, the 4wd is a huge advantage on take off..

im not sure whare you are located but the apr guys here will generally take you for a spin in a stage 2 if they have on avl to show you what to expect (i didnt go for that option as i wanted the surprise) ... or get the stage 1 trial and then imagine that x2 lol

either way, very impressed and will post vids/pics soon.
Awesome! I will be starting with stage 1 in march lol I just got my R but this sounds amazing!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #10
vwr2010
Drag Race Newbie

Quote:
Awesome! I will be starting with stage 1 in march lol I just got my R but this sounds amazing!
ehehe, you will love it.

i just got my R 3 weeks ago, it just hit 1,700kms on the dash before going stage 2+ , i also started with stage 1 to get a feel for a tuned golf R... basically all the tuners offer similar products and numbers with the stage 2 i.e. revo and Giac it just comes down to who you feel most comfortable working on your car...

anyways, Enjoy your R .. when you do stage 2+ you will be just as happy as i am im sure
Old 02-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #11
MisfitMK6
Ready to race!

Drives: R20
In reality what is a 2+ R supposed to make to the wheels? (for those of us who do care about numbers)
MisfitMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #12
john2204
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: Golf R
vwr2010 - Do you know if they loaded up the new 3.1v tune/file?
Old 03-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #13
wtbcody
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 6spd black 4dr mk6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitMK6 View Post
In reality what is a 2+ R supposed to make to the wheels? (for those of us who do care about numbers)

those are the figures for stg1+ so stg2+ must be absolutely absurd...

Edit: These are estimated crank figures, so figure loss to drivetrain in when looking at this. Still really impressive
Old 03-07-2012, 02:34 AM   #14
dwagner88
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 CSG GTI 6MT
^^ That graph is labeled WHP and WTQ.
dwagner88 is offline   Reply With Quote