GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 to 2011 headlights-plug and play?

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2012 GTI but HATE the LED DRL. My 2011 is still at the dealership and I want to swap out headlights.

Is this a direct swap? Both cars have the xenon/HID head lights.

Aseras

Ready to race!
yes, but you need to recode the lights. The LED's won't work on the old car unless you also swap the CECM and the lights between the cars, but you'd also need to recode all the keyfobs ( the keyless entry, not the keys )

nuc

Ready to race!
I have a 2012 GTI but HATE the LED DRL. My 2011 is still at the dealership and I want to swap out headlights.

Is this a direct swap? Both cars have the xenon/HID head lights.

Wanna swap them for a 2010 set? I'll pay shipping both ways :wub:

:threadjacked:

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
yes, but you need to recode the lights. The LED's won't work on the old car unless you also swap the CECM and the lights between the cars, but you'd also need to recode all the keyfobs ( the keyless entry, not the keys )

sounds more complicated and costly then it's worth. There must be a way to turn off the DRL with VAG cable???

zee

Go Kart Champion
The 2012 car will work once vagcom coding has been updated.

The 2011 car will also work once vagcom coding has been updated but has a few more variables(based on a Canadian GTI with Bi-xenon).
- If it is a very late built 2011 with CECM 1K0937087D or newer; and SW0575 or newer; then coding will fix it.
- If it is an earlier 2011 then it need a new CECM and keys recoded.

If either car is a USA spec with halogen headlight then it gets eve more complicated.

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
I happen to really like the daytime LED's. I'll gladly trade you!

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
SO you're telling me that you traded your 2011 for 2012 and you don't like any of the features on your 2012...

stupid luchin is stupid.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
SO you're telling me that you traded your 2011 for 2012 and you don't like any of the features on your 2012...

stupid luchin is stupid.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion

stupid luchin is stupid.

Nope. Love the leather, love the new wheels, love the extra two doors, even getting used to the push button start...

Is there a way to run the LED DRL with marker lights and tail lights using VagCom? Essentially eliminating the headlights.

I drive will all my lights on all the time so I thought it might be an interesting look to have only the LED DRL on with the taillights.