GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Golf MKVI photos, spyshots, videos, media

Old 03-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
Lodi
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 2dr CSG Gti w/DSG
***APR news***

Not sure if this has already been posted, if so, please feel free to delete...

The APR distributor conference was a few weeks ago and there's some new things in the works that some of you may be interested in. This is a small article that was posted on Vortex, hope to finally make it next year.

Motorsport. It is not just a fun thing to watch on TV, it is APR’s entire philosophy behind their brand and their constantly expanding product line. The Alabama-based firm's newfound success at the track translates directly and sometimes indirectly into the consumer market. 2012 was no exception as APR used their annual distributor conference to roll out any number new developments that they have been working hard on over the last several months and years.

One of the more significant announcements was that of upcoming Turbo Diesel software availability, something that many TDI owners have been eagerly awaiting. In addition to the TDI upgrades, APR also officially announced a partnering with the Volkswagen R division as they displayed a variety of motorsport driven accessories.

While not official, APR’s iPhone app was circulating rapidly and we're told it is in the final stages of development. From what we can tell this is going to be an extremely robust piece of software that will usher in a whole host of benefits and upgrades- not just for those with APR tunes- but anyone wanting to closely monitor the inner workings of their Volkswagen Group vehicle. It will operate via a wireless dongle that the user can leave plugged into the vehicle indefinitely. Additional real-time gauges can be viewed on the phone’s screen during vehicle operation. As you can see, switching programs through the cruise control stalk will be made obsolete as well.

Of course the real reason everyone made the trip to Auburn- the Audi R8 GRAND-AM.

And let’s not forget the little brothers of the race program.

Volkswagen's CC SEMA design study was also at the APR facility.

APR has also quietly begun a project based on the ur S4 known as “Project Reunion”. The car represents a quest to demonstrate just how much power can be extracted from the original Audi 5-cylinder as a tie-in to their current Audi 2.5 TFSI development. Word is that they have been able to squeeze over 500hp out of their TT RS development car with stock fueling and intercooler.

Brembo was also on hand as usual to show off a few of their more impressive pieces of kit. While the normally pricey parts were around, Brembo has acknowledged the demand for a more affordable upgrade and they have put something together to fit that bill.

Last but not least, APR was eager to show off their 5 axis CNC machine. The Alabama-based confirms that its addition will allow them to offer head porting services among many other things. It is an impressive piece of hardware to say the least.

And that’s Angry Panda Racing for you.
*APR stg2+ /// R8 coils /// NGK irid's /// K&N Typhoon Intake /// Ultimate Racing DP /// Borla CB /// A-Spec TOP & TBP /// Eibach Sportlines /// UniBrace XB - UB - RB /// 17" R133's w/Nitto Invo's /// oem R LED tails /// + various cosmetic & audio*
Lodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
zVp
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 Black GTI (DSG)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodi View Post

Volkswagen's CC SEMA design study was also at the APR facility.
DAT CC
zVp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
Lodi
Formula 5000 Driver

I'm waiting to see what this "more affordable upgrade" from Brembo will be...and that iPhone app... .. .
*APR stg2+ /// R8 coils /// NGK irid's /// K&N Typhoon Intake /// Ultimate Racing DP /// Borla CB /// A-Spec TOP & TBP /// Eibach Sportlines /// UniBrace XB - UB - RB /// 17" R133's w/Nitto Invo's /// oem R LED tails /// + various cosmetic & audio*
Old 03-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
MBorVW
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2015 VW GTI 4dr SE DSG
Bring the iPhone app now! Can't wait!!!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
jackgti
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: vw
Yeah someone posted this, pretty good stuff!

and there is a thread specifically for the iPhone app, check it out
jackgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
Lodi
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackgti View Post
Yeah someone posted this, pretty good stuff!

and there is a thread specifically for the iPhone app, check it out
I've seen the iPhone app thread. Just nice to see that it actually is moving along...
Old 03-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
GeorgiaBII
FIA GT Champion

Drives: SOLD!
Guess I'll have to buy a iphone just to control my car.... booo hisssss

Bring on the Android!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #8
Isj
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2014 Audi S4
i have an android phone as well, if APR is going to take forever with an android version, then I'll probably just pick up a cheap, used ipod touch.
Isj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #9
andylaiphoto
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
I want the angry panda emblem.
http://www.crossfit972.com
andylaiphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #10
livefast
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI Manual
APR iPhone app! Yesssss!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #11
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
Want that app
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #12
NoRegrets78
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2016 Triumph Street Triple R
Send a message via AIM to NoRegrets78
So looking forward to that app! Would make logging a hell of a lot easier and more efficient, especially since it probably has the built in graphs instead of using vcds to get data and populate our own graphs.
NoRegrets78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
D Darko
Rally Car Champion

Drives: '10 GTI: Black/4dr/6spd/Dynaudio
Sooo, does anyone know if/when APR is going to make the Angry Panda Racing stickers available? I want that on my car...so badass.
APR Stage II v1.2, APR Downpipe, Carbonio (w/Modshack support), Southbend DXD Stage 2 Endurance (Revised and Cryo'd), Peloquin LSD, Tyrolsport Deadset Kit, BSH Insert & Pendulum, Dieselgeek Short Shift Kit, APR/Hotchkis Sways F/R, Unibrace UB, p3cars Digital Boost Gauge, OEM Rev 'D' Diverter, OEM 9w7 Bluetooth, OEM LED R Tails, Smoked Sidemarkers, Tint (35/50)
"Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"
D Darko is offline   Reply With Quote