GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 03-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #57
PRND[S]
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: LSG 2015 Golf R / APR Stage 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_Bob View Post
Mebbe the added "S" will allow you to turn off stability control?
..yeah, right.. who am I kidding?
Anything with an "R" badge of any kind and no ability to turn off the electric witchery is FAIL in my book.
I doubt it, federal law now requires stability control, which is why the Viper has it for the first time.
PRND[S] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #58
BigRobSA
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 Shadow Blue Metallic GTI
Send a message via AIM to BigRobSA
Wait, you pay $50k for a GTI and WE are the ignorant ones? (I paid $26k for mine, sans only leather/Nav)

As for: "Look at the TT RS, they only sent us the 6 SMT and not the DSG. What gives?", maybe they want you to actually have fun driving it.

2010 VW 2dr 6M GTI-Shadow Blue Metallic: Dynaudio, Sunroof ,17" Denvers with all-seasons, Bi-Xenons,cloth (K04 & APR tune, APR intercooler, Devil's Own water/meth, USRT TB spacer with meth bung, custom 3" turbo-back,Forge Twintake, BSH throttle pipe, BSH Tq mount insert), Eurojet boost gauge in New South vent pod, AWE tuning DV & DV Reloc,ClutchMasters FX350 PP w/ SB Stg3 Drop-In.
BigRobSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #59
GTDMK6
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 GTD 6MT 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRobSA View Post
Wait, you pay $50k for a GTI and WE are the ignorant ones? (I paid $26k for mine, sans only leather/Nav)

Ignorant - Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

I fail to see your point.
GTDMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #60
ahhduma
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 autobahn 6mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRND[S] View Post
I doubt it, federal law now requires stability control, which is why the Viper has it for the first time.
requires it to be equipped, not to be on
ahhduma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #61
BigRobSA
FIA GT Newbie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTDMK6 View Post
Ignorant - Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

I fail to see your point.
Was making fun of how much you have to pay for a car that starts at $23k, here.

In jest, because I know how highly taxed you euros are. "Oh, you just had a thought, that'll be 5 pence thought tax, please!".
2010 VW 2dr 6M GTI-Shadow Blue Metallic: Dynaudio, Sunroof ,17" Denvers with all-seasons, Bi-Xenons,cloth (K04 & APR tune, APR intercooler, Devil's Own water/meth, USRT TB spacer with meth bung, custom 3" turbo-back,Forge Twintake, BSH throttle pipe, BSH Tq mount insert), Eurojet boost gauge in New South vent pod, AWE tuning DV & DV Reloc,ClutchMasters FX350 PP w/ SB Stg3 Drop-In.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #62
pressure drop
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRobSA View Post
Remember, its high because of VAT and regulatory fees. Those pay for health care, pensions, paid vacations, free university education, etc.

So yea, everything might cost more overseas, but considering the cost of health care and education in America that can sometimes go above 6 figures and land families in debt, I think they're better off.
pressure drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #63
BusinessAsUsual
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '15 GTI
Quote:
Wait, you pay $50k for a GTI and WE are the ignorant ones?
Quote:
Was making fun of how much you have to pay for a car that starts at $23k, here.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #64
BigRobSA
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressure drop View Post
Remember, its high because of VAT and regulatory fees. Those pay for health care, pensions, paid vacations, free university education, etc.

So yea, everything might cost more overseas, but considering the cost of health care and education in America that can sometimes go above 6 figures and land families in debt, I think they're better off.
I was joking, for starters....and I hope you are, too, with that "they're better off" bit.

Anywho, back to the original programming.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #65
GTDMK6
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 GTD 6MT 5dr
Ooops!

I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Many apologies for that, however, I felt it necessary in my original post to point out how you guys in the US sometimes earn a bad reputation by the ignorance of a few. I didn't realise that my point would get backed up further in the thread

Just to expel a few myths...

Not all of us, by a long stretch, use the Euro. I will also point out that the Euro has cents not pence (sorry to be a pedant)

Despite popular belief many people in Europe can afford to drive Golf GTD/GTI's (we invented them - 'them' being GTIs and GTDs, infact we invented cars)

Most of "us" can afford to eat at least one meal a day (more if we find some road kill)

Us "Europeans", as this thread has labeled us, don't like being labeled as "Europeans". Whilst we (some of us) are proud to be part of Europe each of the Nations within Europe is exactly that, it's own Country and has it's own parliament, taxation laws, culture and identity. You will find vast differences across each Nation within Europe (that is the charm of Europe). Dare I even point out that there are quite a number of countries within Europe that have a higher nominal GDP per capita than the US? (Perhaps I should not go down that path ) as well as others with figures much less

Lastly, thanks for the laughs this thread has brought (some laughs can be attributed to well placed humour, some laughs to sheer amazement at lack of understanding that some people have).
GTDMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #66
Eswin17
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI CSG, 2-dr, DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTDMK6 View Post
Ooops!

I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Many apologies for that, however, I felt it necessary in my original post to point out how you guys in the US sometimes earn a bad reputation by the ignorance of a few. I didn't realise that my point would get backed up further in the thread

Just to expel a few myths...

Not all of us, by a long stretch, use the Euro. I will also point out that the Euro has cents not pence (sorry to be a pedant)

Despite popular belief many people in Europe can afford to drive Golf GTD/GTI's (we invented them - 'them' being GTIs and GTDs, infact we invented cars)

Most of "us" can afford to eat at least one meal a day (more if we find some road kill)

Us "Europeans", as this thread has labeled us, don't like being labeled as "Europeans". Whilst we (some of us) are proud to be part of Europe each of the Nations within Europe is exactly that, it's own Country and has it's own parliament, taxation laws, culture and identity. You will find vast differences across each Nation within Europe (that is the charm of Europe). Dare I even point out that there are quite a number of countries within Europe that have a higher nominal GDP per capita than the US? (Perhaps I should not go down that path ) as well as others with figures much less

Lastly, thanks for the laughs this thread has brought (some laughs can be attributed to well placed humour, some laughs to sheer amazement at lack of understanding that some people have).
I can see why you don't want to be labeled as European.

When it comes to being pompous and pretentious, British folks are on a level of their own.

If a Golf RS with a 7-speed DSG came to the U.S., I would own one.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #67
Freakinsweet
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: Golf MK6 GTI 2010. CW, DSG, HID, 18
I am considering three cars for my next buy, where the next R is on the list together with the new BMW 325d/330d and the Audi RS3 (if the current one is replaced with the new design).

Letīs see the new design of the Golf R, the power output and the MPG figures. Fuel price passed another all-time high here today, coming in at roughly $8.6/gallon (thus the diesel thoughts....). Interestingly enough, VW hinted a while back that the way forward was diesel-powered R cars. I keep my fingers crossed

Last edited by Freakinsweet; 03-28-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Freakinsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #68
MAD_GTI
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI
DO WANT!
MAD_GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #69
iGTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: A car with round vents
If its under 40k count me in
iGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #70
VMRWheels
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: Golf
This sounds great! We need to get that car on some VMR's asap.
VMRWheels is offline   Reply With Quote