GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

:: ECS Tuning :: Ignition Service Kits - Wide Selection !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
can you give a TSI novice some insight and tell me why the red tops are better and why? The red tops are off of a what? Just curious. OEM plugs are BOSH right? You guys prefer the NGK's? NGK's IMO are the best plugs on the market. Would this kit benefit a completely stock car? No ECU mod or anything?

Jeff

cyTO

Ready to race!
Those red ones are OE just they made for Audi R8's. I'm probably going to get them separate since I don't really need my spark plugs replaced at the moment but my GTI stalled when I tried to start it yesterday.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
can you give a TSI novice some insight and tell me why the red tops are better and why? The red tops are off of a what? Just curious. OEM plugs are BOSH right? You guys prefer the NGK's? NGK's IMO are the best plugs on the market. Would this kit benefit a completely stock car? No ECU mod or anything?

Jeff

It will all come down to personal preference when choosing your kit and/or brand spark plugs, we make various kits for this reason! Cure those unwanted misfires while dressing up that engine bay with the red top coil packs which came on various Audi models. As you know this can become a common issue with stock cars and even more so with those who are modified. With most new models the current factory spark plugs are now - NGK. Plug and play - Check and replace as needed! :thumbsup:

Those red ones are OE just they made for Audi R8's. I'm probably going to get them separate since I don't really need my spark plugs replaced at the moment but my GTI stalled when I tried to start it yesterday.

That's also why we just carry them separate too, kits can be found - Ignition Coil - Set Of Four

Andy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.