GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

40k Service - Costs vs. DIY - Dealer vs. Indie - BS Meter goes to 11

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I did the 40k service on my car last year and purchased everything separately. I got 5 quarts of the OEM DSG fluid on ebay for $70, OEM DSG filter on ebay for $14, OEM oil/filter from ECS for $55, OEM fuel filter on ebay for $25, Mann cabin filter on ebay for $14 and a Mann air filter on ebay for $11. I went slow because I wanted to make sure I did the DSG part correctly but its not bad at all. 40K service can be done for under $200 and 2 hours of easy labor.

gdub09

Ready to race!
I did the 40k service on my car last year and purchased everything separately. I got 5 quarts of the OEM DSG fluid on ebay for $70, OEM DSG filter on ebay for $14, OEM oil/filter from ECS for $55, OEM fuel filter on ebay for $25, Mann cabin filter on ebay for $14 and a Mann air filter on ebay for $11. I went slow because I wanted to make sure I did the DSG part correctly but its not bad at all. 40K service can be done for under $200 and 2 hours of easy labor.

Agreed! When I bought my TSX there was a few different quotes in the glove box for a tranny flush, cabin filter, plugs, and something else. It all added up to like $600. Did it all for less than $100 and about 2 hours. A lot of maintenance things are pretty easy if you do some research.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
On the subject of DIY cost savings, my local Autozone is clearing out Pentosin DSG fluid for 50% off. Yours might be, too.