GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
rmidler
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 12 gti csg mt
fuse box maps

anyone have a link for fuse box maps, both the dash box and the underhood box? There was a UK link last year but the link is dead. This is the first car I've owned that did not include a map in the owners manual. Thanks to all.....
rmidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
DBESTGTI
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2011 Stage 2 GTI
They vary quite a bit depending build dates and options that's why you don't get one.

Go to Sears and get a non powered test light, that will help you out a lot more the fuse location diagram ever will.

l '11 VW GTI w/ DSG sunroof navigation HID package l '12 VW Jetta SE w/ Convenience and Sunroof package l
l '11 Kestrel Talon Tri l '13 Specialized Stumpjumper EVO 29 l '11 Specialized Tricross Comp l
DBESTGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
Thumper
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 12 GTI, 12 JettaTDI, 14 Audi Q5 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBESTGTI View Post
They vary quite a bit depending build dates and options that's why you don't get one.

Go to Sears and get a non powered test light, that will help you out a lot more the fuse location diagram ever will.
Unless you just want to know what fuse goes to your interior lights so you can pull it before swapping bulbs with LEDs. Then the simple test light turns a simple task into a complex one.

Here, pulled from a UK GTI forum. Helped me when I was doing my interior LEDs.

2012 GTI 4dr Black Pearl 6spd w/Xenons - Check out my Build thread "The Wraith" | APR STAGE 2+ | Sigma 6 SS | Modshack VTDA Intake | 42dd Downpipe | SPM Motor Mount Kit | Custom CMCBE | H&R Super Sport Springs | Nurburgring 18" Bronze | 5% tint rear | VCDS Micro-CAN |
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
rmidler
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 12 gti csg mt
thanks Thumper. Just what I needed....rmidler
rmidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
Kato
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 CW DSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post

Hey Thumper, that fuse box map for the engine bay looks different than the actual one inside my 12 gti...does yours look identical?