GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Question. Just switched out brake pads to those that do not have wear indicators. Is there a setting that can turn off both the brake warning and the "brake" light?

I don't think so. The easy way is to just short them together.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Damit....i think i threw the stock pads out. just connect the two wires going to the pad?

Yep. All that happens when you wear down to the "sensor" is it connects the circuit.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I updated the second post of this thread with saved selections for diagnostic logging.

This saves a lot of time and keeps you from making mistakes when data logging.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
I updated the second post of this thread with saved selections for diagnostic logging.

This saves a lot of time and keeps you from making mistakes when data logging.

:thumbup:

That's a great idea! It'll be useful when I log some data eventually :)

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Can you add coming home/leaving home if its possible with VCDS?

Nicoli1

Is there a VAGCOM mod to show what gear you're in (D and S mode) for DSG equipped cars? Could have sworn I saw somebody on this forum mention it somewhere.....

We have an Audi S5 (S-Tronic, same as DSG) and Vag-Com'd this feature recently.

The way we did it was something like this:

1. Select 02-Auto Transmission
2. Select 10-Adaptation
3. Open with “down arrow” and scroll down to and select Single Gear Display
4. Under new: Open and select D on/S on.
5. Do it!

(from the excellent http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagCom.html website, perhaps there are some commonalities. I want to try this on our Golf TDI but just haven't yet, we just got it home recently:)

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002

2. Select 10-Adaptation
5. Do it!

(from the excellent http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagCom.html website, perhaps there are some commonalities. I want to try this on our Golf TDI but just haven't yet, we just got it home recently:)

That's some awesome info if it works, I'll have to try it tonight on my wife's GTI :w00t:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion

2. Select 10-Adaptation
5. Do it!

This doesn't work on the MK6. I just went out to my car and checked. There is no adaptation for the Auto Transmission. No long coding. Nothing. :(

Nicoli1

This doesn't work on the MK6. I just went out to my car and checked. There is no adaptation for the Auto Transmission. No long coding. Nothing. :(

Jeez :( Sorry to get hopes up then. I thought for sure it would be applicable. Well, really appreciate this thread and all the contributions..and love love love the Golf!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Jeez :( Sorry to get hopes up then. I thought for sure it would be applicable. Well, really appreciate this thread and all the contributions..and love love love the Golf!

Hey, it was worth a shot! :thumbsup:

eduardot

Ready to race!
L/R parking lights

Hey, can you add this or something like it to the Retrofit & Hardware Mod Coding section?

L/R Parking Lights

I did this a few weeks ago, and it was not that easy to find definitive information about it. Would be nice to have it accesible for other members.