GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis | Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GolfMK6. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GolfMK6 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK6 so we can keep this place running!

Old 10-02-2011, 12:16 AM   #43
Thumper
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 15 Audi S3/'15 Audi S4/'15 328dx SW
Man, I finally decided on my wheels, clicked through the banner, and it says they can't process my order now, I have to call. AAARRRGGGHHHH

I know that must mean they are out of stock of the wheel I picked (Mortegi MR116's). Man, it took me almost a month to decide on these, not 100% what I wanted (OZ Superturismo GTs are just too expensive right now) but I think they will look good and shave 24 pounds off the car.

Now if they are out of stock, I am back to the drawing board! Man, is it going to take forever to wait till Monday.
2015 Alpine White BMW 328dX Touring M-Sport
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #44
Sonny@TireRack.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: My kids crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Man, I finally decided on my wheels, clicked through the banner, and it says they can't process my order now, I have to call. AAARRRGGGHHHH

I know that must mean they are out of stock of the wheel I picked (Mortegi MR116's). Man, it took me almost a month to decide on these, not 100% what I wanted (OZ Superturismo GTs are just too expensive right now) but I think they will look good and shave 24 pounds off the car.

Now if they are out of stock, I am back to the drawing board! Man, is it going to take forever to wait till Monday.
Give me a shout and we can take a look at options. Call me at the number in my sig, ext# 789
Old 10-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #45
Type_RS_59
Autocross Champion

Drives: CW 2012 VW GTI 6MT
I tried to order my snow tires by clicking the banner but it doesn't give me the option of picking a 2012 model like the normal Tire Rack web site does.

I tried picking 2011 but then it wants to know what valve stems and that is not an issue on the 2012s.

I'd like to support the site by using the banner but I also want to make sure I get the right stuff.

Any suggestions, Sonny?

Thanks!!!
1998 Acura Integra RS
Type_RS_59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:30 AM   #46
Thumper
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type_RS_59 View Post
I tried to order my snow tires by clicking the banner but it doesn't give me the option of picking a 2012 model like the normal Tire Rack web site does.

I tried picking 2011 but then it wants to know what valve stems and that is not an issue on the 2012s.

I'd like to support the site by using the banner but I also want to make sure I get the right stuff.

Any suggestions, Sonny?

Thanks!!!
Same thing happened to me. Clicking on the banner takes me right to the site, it's the other link that takes me to the Upgrade Garage where 2011 is the newest that can be selected.

I clicked through the banner, added the wheels under the CORRECT vehicle I wanted, then, just to be safe, clicked through the upgrade garage and just went to my cart where it still showed the correct model.

I just hope the forum got credit, LOL, there is nothing to let you know it clicked you through and authenticated it for the forum.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #47
Sonny@TireRack.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Same thing happened to me. Clicking on the banner takes me right to the site, it's the other link that takes me to the Upgrade Garage where 2011 is the newest that can be selected.

I clicked through the banner, added the wheels under the CORRECT vehicle I wanted, then, just to be safe, clicked through the upgrade garage and just went to my cart where it still showed the correct model.

I just hope the forum got credit, LOL, there is nothing to let you know it clicked you through and authenticated it for the forum.
If you ever have any issues, you can always give me a call or note that you spoke with me/MK6 when it asks if you spoke with one of our salespeople.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #48
Thumper
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny@TireRack.com View Post
If you ever have any issues, you can always give me a call or note that you spoke with me/MK6 when it asks if you spoke with one of our salespeople.
Yup. that's what I did. I'm the guy you called last week about someone dropping my wheels and having to ship from Georgia. LOL

They are supposed to be here Thursday, I so can't wait to get them on this weekend!!!

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #49
Type_RS_59
Autocross Champion

Drives: CW 2012 VW GTI 6MT
Yeah, I figured out a way around the problem since I was only buying tires, not wheels, it didn't really matter anyway. I just thought you should be aware.
1998 Acura Integra RS
Type_RS_59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #50
Sonny@TireRack.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type_RS_59 View Post
Yeah, I figured out a way around the problem since I was only buying tires, not wheels, it didn't really matter anyway. I just thought you should be aware.
I appreciate the heads up!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #51
Steve H
Ready to race!

Drives: 2011,Red 4Dr, Sunroof, 6 spd Man.
Just ordered my winter setup, 205/55R16 Continental ExtremeWinterContact
on steel wheels. Feel good about them after reading your tests, and the price was great. Just kept wondering about how good the Goodyears might be. Well, I'm still happy with my choice!

Last edited by Steve H; 10-20-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: grammer correction
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #52
sokhangoo
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 VW Golf 3-Door Sportline
Send a message via Yahoo to sokhangoo
I just ordered 205/55R16 Pierllie winter setup with steel wheels and can't wait to get them
it was an awesome price and used this tire before so I know I will love it
sokhangoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #53
Sonny@TireRack.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
Just ordered my winter setup, 205/55R16 Continental ExtremeWinterContact
on steel wheels. Feel good about them after reading your tests, and the price was great. Just kept wondering about how good the Goodyears might be. Well, I'm still happy with my choice!
I see the order. We will get it out right away for you. Thank you!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #54
Sonny@TireRack.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhangoo View Post
I just ordered 205/55R16 Pierllie winter setup with steel wheels and can't wait to get them
it was an awesome price and used this tire before so I know I will love it
I see yours as well, we will ship asap. Thanks!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #55
rawcpoppa
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2012 Volkswagen Jetta
Hi Sonny,

if I am located in another country (Trinidad) does TireRack ship to someone who can forward the item to me?
rawcpoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #56
Sonny@TireRack.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawcpoppa View Post
Hi Sonny,

if I am located in another country (Trinidad) does TireRack ship to someone who can forward the item to me?
Hello,

Yes, we can ship to freight forwarders if you would like. Please feel free to email me if you would like a quote. sonny@tirerack.com.