GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 06-15-2012, 02:00 AM   #57
Aries Pope
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI Autobahn DSG 4dr Black
Shwing!

Looking at getting K04 next APR sale if the wife doesnt veto me. Got all the supporting mods, except maybe for some mounts once we see how bad the hop is.

Been saving up, might splurge on some Michelins too.
> R20 LED Tails | S2T Paddles | AWE Boost | SuperbrightLEDs | PIAA Fogs
> My Build Thread
Aries Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #58
grambles423
Limited Activity

Drives: 2008.5 BMP GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries Pope View Post
Shwing!

Looking at getting K04 next APR sale if the wife doesnt veto me. Got all the supporting mods, except maybe for some mounts once we see how bad the hop is.

Been saving up, might splurge on some Michelins too.
For the record, I have BFI Engine and Trans mounts with ECS Pendulum insert and Hankook V12s and I have zero......I'm talking ZERO wheel hop.
Centric Blank Rotors-Stoptech SP Pads

grambles423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:28 AM   #59
grambles423
Limited Activity

Cross Posting from John's A3 thread:

Quote:
People of MK6, in all seriousness this is probably one of the BEST OEM mods you can do for your vehicle. As John has pointed out in this thread, EVEN with the stock DP tune, you're still looking at some bitchin power. Its smooth. Its nasty. Its a beast. All packaged so well at such a great price, that I feel EVERYONE needs to experience K04. Its like the TSI engine was made for this. It was MADE to give people raging K04 boners. And just think........you're GTI/A3 can now run 12s AND its an OEM turbo. AND it couples well with the DSG. AND its actually a reliable modification. AND its a very simple DIY. AND you get good gas mileage (if you stay out of it). AND its sounds soooooo sweet.

Not that its a good thing, but my car actually makes people sick in the passenger's seat because of the pull. My wife, my best friend, a few of my colleagues have all said they've gotten queezy from the low RPM 3rd/4th gear pull

Old 06-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #60
Tremazing
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI
I already cant wait for APR's next sale, and reading that made me want the K04 powah even more! I just heard a thump sound from my boner hitting the underside of my desk!

Last edited by Tremazing; 06-15-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Tremazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #61
grambles423
Limited Activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremazing View Post
I already cant wait for APR's next sale, and reading that made me want the K04 powah even more! I just heard a thump sound from my boner hitting the underside of my desk!
Lulz. Its an epidemic I swear......

Old 06-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #62
dubbinit2
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2014 Buick Regal GS...Trifecta tune
Grambles, I've got a fever. and the only cure is more KO4.....
Old 06-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #63
gregprep29
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by grambles423 View Post
K04 is still a different league of power on the GTI. Its just awesome that its so affordable and you get SO much power.

We all remember when Stage 3 was only 385 hp right? It was still $5K at the time! Imagine you can pump almost 400bhp with 100oct on a K04.

While some may say its the "new" Stage 2 (or Stage 2+...I dunno) its still a blast to drive. Coupled with all of the supporting mods (Suspension, IC, Mounts, Tires, Clutch...etc.etc.) you're definitely in a bracket of winners. Also consider that some TSIs with K04s are running 12.00s in the 1/4 upwards to 119mph! Thats fucking insane for a $2500 mod.
I agree with this. k04 is far from the "new stage 2." You can go stage 2 with an ebay downpipe, install, and tune for like $1,000. With k04, you're looking at $5k-$7k all in, depending on if you need a clutch or are DSG...I think k04 is the perfect mod for this car, and stage 3+ power is insane, but for a dd, i like my k04
APR K04---APR Carbonio Stg 1 & Stg 2---APR Intercooler---AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe---OEM S3 Short Shifter---UR Catted-Resonated Downpipe---BFI Torque Arm Insert---H&R Sports Springs---Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit---Whiteline rear bushing kit---SB Stage 3 Disc Only---USP SS Brake Lines---Hawk HPS pads
gregprep29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #64
A_Bowers

Drives: MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by grambles423 View Post
For the record, I have BFI Engine and Trans mounts with ECS Pendulum insert and Hankook V12s and I have zero......I'm talking ZERO wheel hop.
This.

Also, no vibrations. I was amazed. I had Energy suspension inserts in my Acura, and it vibrated the car so bad I thought it was going to come apart. Not so with these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Build Thread::Southbend Stage 3 review::SPM Intercooler Review::SPM Full Engine Mount Review
A_Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #65
gregprep29
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Bowers View Post
This.

Also, no vibrations. I was amazed. I had Energy suspension inserts in my Acura, and it vibrated the car so bad I thought it was going to come apart. Not so with these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Agreed. I have just the BFI torque arm insert with stock pzeros and no wheel hop. I have lots of wheel spin if I want to, but the torque arm insert, alone, should get rid of wheel hop
APR K04---APR Carbonio Stg 1 & Stg 2---APR Intercooler---AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe---OEM S3 Short Shifter---UR Catted-Resonated Downpipe---BFI Torque Arm Insert---H&R Sports Springs---Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit---Whiteline rear bushing kit---SB Stage 3 Disc Only---USP SS Brake Lines---Hawk HPS pads
gregprep29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #66
Shini
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: '15 DBP GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by plac View Post
cuz too many people can afford it. its not special to have it, a ton of people around here have it.
Do you get bummed everytime you see new member threads then? Because a ton of people around here have a GTI, doesn't mean it's any less special
Shini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #67
chinqutie
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: APR KO4 GTI, 2013 x128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregprep29 View Post
I agree with this. k04 is far from the "new stage 2." You can go stage 2 with an ebay downpipe, install, and tune for like $1,000. With k04, you're looking at $5k-$7k all in, depending on if you need a clutch or are DSG...I think k04 is the perfect mod for this car, and stage 3+ power is insane, but for a dd, i like my k04
and that makes it special. the fact that you have to come up with that kind of money for a ko4 makes this mod worth having, hence the boner!
ko4 club member#14ADV.1/DPE/Akrapovic/Bilstein/Vredestein/DorbritzDesigns/Forge/SPM/034/Stoptech/P3Cars/Southbend/Peloquin/Whiteline/Hotchkis/Unibrace/Osir/OEM+
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
Using automatic climate control as justification to buy/not buy a car = STUPIDEST THING EVER.
Quote:
I've found that if my pants are down around my ankles, this site moves A LOT faster..
chinqutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #68
Ironhorse
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Black Beauty III
Quote:
Stage 3 is overkill on the FWD GTI, imho.
while those on here with Stage 3 are sure to disagree, I have to agree with you. I'd rather pour that $ into a rear or AWD.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #69
Ironhorse
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Black Beauty III
Quote:
BIG K04 BONER IS BIG. AND LONG LASTIN'.
as long as it's not lasting longer than 4 hours you'll be OK
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #70
Ironhorse