GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy - New OEM Style Headlights - 3 Options!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Please see the new add, dated 9/11, 2012 for the latest details, and post any comments in there please.

This thread will be retired in the near future.

Specifications:

• Appears identical from the front with the OEM VW headlights.
  • Uses a 10 pin connector, just like your halogen headlights. Wont work with OEM Xenons.
  • Uses a D2H or D2S HID bulb. A hole is predrilled to run the wiring for your HID kit.
  • Easy plug and play, may need to code to remove any bulb out errors because of the HIDs.
  • All the other bulbs are included.
  • Made by a different factory than the previous headlights I was selling

Review can be found here.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38153

Lessons Learned

An initial batch of about 30 lights were shipped direct to customers with lots of reviews and comments.
Issues encountered:

one light was damaged in shipping
one light had a couple of burnt out LEDs
one light had some very superficial scratches on the chrome
a couple lights had the adjusters pop out in shipping, these could easily be pushed back in, so there was no permanent damage
some people had some issues installing the HID bulbs, its a tight fit, and some pressure maybe needed, but they do fit.

No reports of leaks, repeat cosmetic issues, flaky bouncy adjusters.

Option 1 - Original OEM Look - $570 Shipped

Option 2 - Black R OEM look - $500 Shipped

Option 3 - Black R OEM look with 15 LEDs -$610 Shipped

Option 4 - Chrome OEM look with 15 LEDs - $610 Shipped

Price and Ordering

Options 1 $570 shipped

Option 2 $500 shipped

Option 3 and 4: $610 shipped - costs more for the LED components.

Add a Canbus D2H HID kit with your choice of 5000K or 6000K bulbs for $70.

Add a set of LED License plate lights for only $35 if you order a set of headlights.

To order:

Just pm which option you want, and if you want an HID kit plus bulb color plus your full name and email.

Last edited:

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Finally!!!!!!!! Just want to say I love that you have them shipping direct but still being sets in for repair/warrantee. That's looking ahead for good customer service! Will figure out what I want in a couple days. Thanks ED!

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Do you have any photos of the Black R20 lights WITH LEDs?

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
opt 1 is prob what i will be getting as soon as summer hits. no coding needed for these? when will you expect your next batch to come in? im assuming you are going to sell out by mid july.

ShyGuy1

Passed Driver's Ed
Just sent you a PM for option 2!

Thanks for setting this up, really appreciated the time and effort :thumbup:

echlon

Ready to race!
Yay for new LED design that has the 15 individual LED lights!!, real replicas.

Do you know if the DRL functions the same as the OEM ones? i.e. LED stays on for DRL and when headlights are on? I know your previous lights were a little different.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Yay for new LED design that has the 15 individual LED lights!!, real replicas.

Do you know if the DRL functions the same as the OEM ones? i.e. LED stays on for DRL and when headlights are on? I know your previous lights were a little different.

Yes, the parking lights (LEDs) light up as your DRLs. You may need to do coding due to the different power requirements between the halogen bulbs and the HID Ballasts.

chucka

Ready to race!
are you going to be offering the OEM with 15 LED's? I want LED's, but don't want the blacked out R look.

Thanks Ed

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
are you going to be offering the OEM with 15 LED's? I want LED's, but don't want the blacked out R look.

Thanks Ed

I can get you a set or sets, I just need people committed to getting them, it's just there wasnt much interest in them, most ppl prefer the no led version or the black ones.

As for photos of the black with LEDs, they will be coming up once the factory has put them together. This is a special order I'm getting done as no one else had this done before.

Uberryan

Banned
Tempting offer, but I have the OEM HIDs in chrome sans LEDs. I wouldn't mind the blacked out look, but am worried about losing quality in light output, etc. Will have to wait on this. Sucks that I kinda went for the package on my car mostly because of the headlights over the halogens. If I had bought the cheaper version and waited a year, I'd be golden on this. Loving the fact that there's not a second projector housing, and has the stock turn signal location now.

whiplash willy

Passed Driver's Ed
Since Halogen Projectors project light differently then HID projectors, are the projectors in this housing designed for Halogen light or HID light?

Status
Not open for further replies.