GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 05-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #127
WAP
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 CSG GTI DSG Mk6 VEYRON
Quote:
Originally Posted by steemax View Post
one Italian tune up a month should suffice.
Basically just hope on the highway and take your drive at a lower gear and keep RPMS around 4k the entire time.
Pretty much this. Just drive it at highway speeds in 3rd and 4th gear for about a half hour. Dat throttle response!
2011 GTI DSG -Detroits swapped for Denvers|Soundaktor killed|DG Base Carrier Bars|VW Valve Stem Caps (+10hp!)|Dash Cubby|Euro Switch|GTI Seat Wrench Inserts|Conti DWS's|Vag-Com Mods|Double Apex USB Charger
WAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #128
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAP View Post
Pretty much this. Just drive it at highway speeds in 3rd and 4th gear for about a half hour. Dat throttle response!
Word.

I did this on the gli and the tips were def darker.

-Sent from the superior interior
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1399512301646.jpg (52.1 KB, 294 views)

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #129
Rascal
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAP View Post
Yep. My work commute is now 1.7 miles daily. So, every other weekend or so I am on the highway giving it the beans.
Stage II MKVI GTI : 2010 : 2DR : MT : Deep Black Metallic : Carbonio Intake : Neuspeed Turbo Pipes : Neuspeed FMIC : OEM Short Shifter : VMR 710 Gunmetal Wheels : Michelin Pilot SS : Milltek Turboback : HS Tuning RSR Clutch : Tinted OEM LED Tails : Other Minor Stuff:
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:27 PM   #130
cobie56
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '14 Carbon.Stl.Gry 6SpMan. GTI D.E.
Thnx for the info, guys, Ive only 398 miles on it now. Lol. How soon should i do this carbon build up preventative maintenance? (The italian tune up lol) Do i wait till i have a few thousand miles on it or is it best to start sooner? Thnx
Old 05-10-2014, 07:48 AM   #131
DaveSTR
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2015 STi / 2014 M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
Thnx for the info, guys, Ive only 398 miles on it now. Lol. How soon should i do this carbon build up preventative maintenance? (The italian tune up lol) Do i wait till i have a few thousand miles on it or is it best to start sooner? Thnx
NO rush. Break it in. Get to know your car and in a low # thousand miles ensure you give it a bit of work to the keep the carbon build up slow. Keep it long enough and you will have to have it cleaned. By no means the end of the world. Cars need maintenance no matter. Have fun!
Old 05-10-2014, 08:07 AM   #132
cobie56
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTR View Post
NO rush. Break it in. Get to know your car and in a low # thousand miles ensure you give it a bit of work to the keep the carbon build up slow. Keep it long enough and you will have to have it cleaned. By no means the end of the world. Cars need maintenance no matter. Have fun!
Thnx. And yes u r right. Cars need reg maintenance. That i know. Just hoping to delay as long as possible the carbon cleaning. It would not be so bad if it cost only a couple hundred bucks but at 800$ , which is an amt i see given on this forum.....jeeez. That is a bunch of money.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:52 AM   #133
DaveSTR
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2015 STi / 2014 M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
Thnx. And yes u r right. Cars need reg maintenance. That i know. Just hoping to delay as long as possible the carbon cleaning. It would not be so bad if it cost only a couple hundred bucks but at 800$ , which is an amt i see given on this forum.....jeeez. That is a bunch of money.
No question its a lot of $$. By the time you need it you should be able to find a good independent mech/shop to take care of you for less and than BAM....not needed again for a long time.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #134
cobie56
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTR View Post
No question its a lot of $$. By the time you need it you should be able to find a good independent mech/shop to take care of you for less and than BAM....not needed again for a long time.
True. Ill have to look around. I do have a 7/70 warranty so it is the dealer for me for a while. Where in germany are u? I live in germany for a month each spring. In rastede near bremen
Old 05-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #135
f00kie
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: TBD
Anybody pop open the intake valves on a car that has had water/meth? I had my water/meth since about 20K km, and am now at 56K km. Wondering if I should get them cleaned to see how they are, unless there was a case study done already.
f00kie is offline   Reply With Quote