GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dumb question, what is this light that came on?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
WOWZERZ.

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
Check your tire pressure. If that is ok, then consider taking it in for them to look at it. The TPMS system is very tempermental.

TPMS is very temperamental. Just buy a $2 tire pressure guage at your local fuzzy dice store (auto zone, advance, etc) and keep it in your door to check when the light comes on.

livefast

Ready to race!
Check your tire pressure. If they're all good, you can reset this from a button in the glove box. Mine got set off from going really fast down a bumpy road.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
You can either just check your pressure til you find the culprit that's tripping the light, or just buy a set of new tires.

Edit: Also looks likey you've been enjoying your car! :D Couple of months old and already almost 3k miles! Yeyeye! :D
Hehe, I gotta drive 16 miles each way to work, I know that's nothing but it adds up. I made a trip down to AC from North Jersey, and I also go places during the weekend! :p It's crazy how quickly the miles add up.

Sorry I don't know anything about tire pressure or car parts. It's just not something I'm interested in...

Uberryan

Banned
Is the OP a woman?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Uberryan

Banned
True story here...

When I was last at the dealer, there was a lady with her new Jetta there arguing at the top of her lungs with the service adviser, stating that her turn signals didn't work properly, and that her hi-beam switch was broken. She was demanding to speak to the service manager, after the service adviser sat there for 45mins going through the owner's manual and showing her how to operate both properly. She accused him of being "full of shit." The service manger walks over, gets in her car, tells her to sit in the passenger seat, and begins showing her the difference in the flash/hi-beams settings on the stalk, and also informs her of what the signal convenience function is. She apparently wasn't pushing the stalk all the way up or down, and felt like the signal would shit out after 3 blinks.

Everyone waiting got a good kick out of it. She peeled out with the most ridiculous look on her face. Probably wasted a whole day, thinking she had a major issue.

Suffice to say, tire light comes on and OP wants to take it to the dealer. Go right ahead, that air they put in the tires is laced with gold flakes, it'll cost about $50 to correct your light problem. Assuming there's no nail, or road debris sticking out of your flat, and probably wrecked tire at this point, if that's the case.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
Wow, why you guys gotta be so harsh? I just asked a question, no need to get so angry or make it seem like I'm incompetent.

Thanks to all of those who helped me out.

Mk6Chick1

Ready to race!
Is the OP a woman?

I'm a responsible car owner who reads the manual if there's an issue with my GTI.

I happen to be a woman too. Not all of us are idiots when it comes to our cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A_Bowers

Checking tire pressure at least monthly should have been something covered in driver's ed. The idiot light is just there as a backup.

Have you seen the most recent Nissan Altima commercial.

The dang car honks at you when the tires get to the correct psi level.

How sad is it that they have to put this feature in a vehicle

Lemmings I say. Lemmings.