GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 08-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
drhiggens
Oval Newbie

Drives: Golf R
waiting for my R

I am sitting here at work not to much going on really, I received a phone call that my new 2013 white 4 door golf R is expected any day now. all the paper work has been taken care of so all I have to do is go pick it up.
I never thought of myself as impatient but the waiting is starting to get to me. haha

I have been waiting for a bit and have some plans for the car when it gets here. see photos below.
in the boxes are the Apr carbon intake, the HFFP and off camera the APR DP is came in the mail last week, there is a shop here in seattle that can flash it to apr stage 2+, and the big box at the bottom has the LED taillights and the neuspeed short shifter and rear end links.
H&R sway bars are in the mail and the I'm debating on what coils I'm going to run with. I want to see how the car rides and how it is to live with every day for a while before I make a choice.
Lastly after a small shipping problem the über stealth sub box arrived as well and I am really amazed by the build quality of it.

So when the car get here how long should I wait before I start the putting stuff on. is there a break in time on the motor? I was thinking about waiting a month or as long as I can hold out so that I can get a better idea of what it was like before the upgrades (see/feel what it all did).

The last photo is of the car I will be parking next to every day at work. I don't think the R will be out of place next to the GTR

I am new to the forum and very excited and I just wanted to share my excitement.

drhiggens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
maxtdi
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 370z,Golf TDI, Crown Vic
Way to Pre-Mod

Congrats on the R.

The GTR looks like its got aftermarket exhaust, diffuser, suspension, and wheels... pretty crazy
Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
ali
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: vw golf R reflexsilver
yup pretty damn crazy GTR

congratz on the R
Old 08-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com

Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy
That is without a doubt, one of the best looking GT-R's I've ever seen.

No GunKata, no care.

Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network

I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
DSGVW
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI DSG
congrats on the new purchase and pre pile o' mods! I broke my GTI in easy over 800-1000 miles then flashed away. No need to wait forever, some flash before it even leaves the dealer!

That GTR would make me want to take the R to stage III immediately, lol
DSGVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
nicolasl46
Touring Car Champion

Drives: '13 GLI Frost Silver DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhiggens View Post
I am sitting here at work not to much going on really, I received a phone call that my new 2013 white 4 door golf R is expected any day now. all the paper work has been taken care of so all I have to do is go pick it up.
I never thought of myself as impatient but the waiting is starting to get to me. haha

I have been waiting for a bit and have some plans for the car when it gets here. see photos below.
in the boxes are the Apr carbon intake, the HFFP and off camera the APR DP is came in the mail last week, there is a shop here in seattle that can flash it to apr stage 2+, and the big box at the bottom has the LED taillights and the neuspeed short shifter and rear end links.
H&R sway bars are in the mail and the I'm debating on what coils I'm going to run with. I want to see how the car rides and how it is to live with every day for a while before I make a choice.
Lastly after a small shipping problem the über stealth sub box arrived as well and I am really amazed by the build quality of it.

So when the car get here how long should I wait before I start the putting stuff on. is there a break in time on the motor? I was thinking about waiting a month or as long as I can hold out so that I can get a better idea of what it was like before the upgrades (see/feel what it all did).

The last photo is of the car I will be parking next to every day at work. I don't think the R will be out of place next to the GTR

I am new to the forum and very excited and I just wanted to share my excitement.

Me personally I would wait for the first 1k miles (break in period) to do any engine mods (I went stage 1 after my first oil change at 5k), other than that congratulations on the R.
nicolasl46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
tamz273
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 Golf R
Yeh I held off to 1000 miles.. Was at stage2+ by around 4k.. Just get a good break-in and ur golden
tamz273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
drhiggens
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGVW View Post
congrats on the new purchase and pre pile o' mods! I broke my GTI in easy over 800-1000 miles then flashed away. No need to wait forever, some flash before it even leaves the dealer!

That GTR would make me want to take the R to stage III immediately, lol
I am thinking about doing the APR stage 3 when they release it. No word yet on final parts or time from what I understand. My only concern with the stage 3 is that I will start to get into problems with drivability and reliability. it is on the list of possibilities. Im still debating if I want to do the cat back, really its just for sound and I want to see if I want more bark coming from it before I start looking into that.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #9
maxtdi
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 370z,Golf TDI, Crown Vic
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhiggens View Post
I am thinking about doing the APR stage 3 when they release it. No word yet on final parts or time from what I understand. My only concern with the stage 3 is that I will start to get into problems with drivability and reliability. it is on the list of possibilities. Im still debating if I want to do the cat back, really its just for sound and I want to see if I want more bark coming from it before I start looking into that.
What was your previous car?
Old 08-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
Sanderskog
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI (I miss my R)
Where are you at in Seattle? I'm on the Eastside and sitting at 1200 miles on my R right now. I need to get out to Achtuning before the sale ends.

Todd
Sanderskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
drhiggens
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtdi View Post
What was your previous car?
My current car is a mk4 vr6, but the last few years I was living in california so I mostly rode motorcycles. and now I live in washington so I figured I would get a nicer DD. I like the exhaust sound on the bikes loud but I feel like that is a different thing then the car for me it is anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderskog View Post
Where are you at in Seattle? I'm on the Eastside and sitting at 1200 miles on my R right now. I need to get out to Achtuning before the sale ends.

Todd
I live on the north east side, juanita area. Im going to have Achtuning do the flash and DP install when I get to that point. I found the price of buying the DP from them was about 60 bucks more then buying it from APR and having them ship it out here. so something to keep in mind.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #12
drhiggens
Oval Newbie

well the R arrived a couple of weeks ago. Have not really done much to it other then had the amp for the uber stealth sub box put in. really help to fill out the bottom end. but not zoo loud the neighbors have anything to complain about.
So today we washed the bikes and the R with its first wash with Permanon.
I remembered I had not posted a photo so here it is.

I have been thinking about if I want to the a cat back to go with the DP, but im really just not sure yet. Does anyone have the APR cat back who can share the experiences with me I would really appreciate it. How is it to live with on a daily basis.
Also put in the euro tail lights, and picked up a VagCom as well so if anyone is in the seattle area and needs some help with that let me know.

Last edited by drhiggens; 08-26-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #13
Rising Blue R
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 Golf R w/Sunroof & Nav. 2-Door
Nice GTR! Current Stage 2 + with all your goodies installed....

I like blk also...lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 911a.jpg (267.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg z06b.JPG (83.7 KB, 70 views)
Rising Blue R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #14
drhiggens
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Blue R View Post
Nice GTR! Current Stage 2 + with all your goodies installed....

I like blk also...lol
I have not had any other the other loot installed yet, I only have 238 miles on it and I am goign to do a reasonable break in or a few k. also I want to know what it was like before I take it to stage 2.
I am goign to go with the HPA SHS coils too so I can keep a similar ride quality to stock. I think the coils and sway bars before I do the stage 2 upgrade.